Instructions:

1. Please use the <Edit Contents> menu option (directly above) to complete this form. Remember to <Save> the page (bottom right) after making updates.
  2. Travelers are asked to collaborate as a team in pulling together the appropriate information.
  3. This Trip Assessment form will be automatically associated with its related Trip Proposal; therefore, no duplicate traveler identification information is required.
  4. The information fields are 'richtext' so that they can accommodate tables, links, images, attachments, and other formatting capabilities that may be useful in explaining/describing the event.
  5. This form may be edited/saved as many times as needed. When completed, please notify your Pilot Program Coordinator (PPC) for further processing.
STAFF USE ONLY
Assessment
Status 
Form ID#
APPROVED

AF04

Trip/Event Assessments should be completed within three (3) weeks of the traveler's return date.

Trip/Event Assessment Form

LINK: AFRALO Trip Proposal 4

1) Describe how the original Proposed Goals
and Outcomes were accomplished:

It was a great event for AFRALO. We had for the first time a booth for AFRALO, and it was free of charge because the AFRINIC leaders appreciated very well our participation in their previous events.

With the nice poster over the booth, and the folders, cartoon, USB sticks and hand bands on the table, the booth dragged severel participants, and permitted us to explain better what is ICANN and what is AFRALO. Our target was of course the end-users. some told us that whatever their jobs are, they are end-users

The booth was taken care of by Daniel, Seun and my self; some other ICANN fellows helped.

As for my participation in the plenaries, I made a presentation on AFRALO during a session of AF* presentations. I also participated in the debate in other sessions, especially about local content and IANA stewardship transition and ICANN Accountability.

Also, during the breaks, I had many discussions with participants who came to me to ask for more clarification about what we do for the end-user in Africa, and how can we communicate better to raise awareness of our community.

Our outreach effort was visible, the result may come in a few weeks when we receive the first application from the numerous people who promised to apply for AFRALO membership.

But I think that our outreach wasn't for AFRALO only; the interest in ICANN as a whole has been augmented do to our presence and our "noise", together with the other ICANNers present in Gaborone.  

2) Additional information pertaining
to this outreach event (optional):
3) Date Completed:11-Jun-2016
Community Confirmation Section

Note: To be completed by a Pilot Program Coordinator (PPC) designated by this organization/structure.

AcknowledgementsConfirmed?NameDateNotes
The Trip/Event Assessment information has been gathered and properly entered into this form.YesDaniel K. Nanghaka11-Jun-2016The Assessment covers the objectives respectively
The ICANN Organization / Structure's leadership has authorized the submission of this Trip/Event Assessment.YesAziz Hilali15-Jun-2016Objectives achieved
  =======================================================

CROPP Trip/Event Assessment Template v2 (Jun 2015)

• No labels
For comments, suggestions, or technical support concerning this space, please email: CROPP Program Staff
© 2015 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers