You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 9 Current »

Attendees: 

Members:  Alan Greenberg, Alice Munyua, Athina Fragkouli, Becky Burr, Fiona Asonga, Izumi Okutani, James Bladel, Jordan Carter, Jorge Villa, Julia Wolman, Leon Sanchez, Mathieu Weill, Olga Cavalli, Pär Brumark, Samantha Eisner, Sébastien Bacholette, Thomas Rickert, Tijani Ben Jemaa   (18)

Participants:  Adrian Carballo, Alain Bidron, Andrew Harris, Avri Doria, Barrack Otieno, David McAuley, Edward Morris, Jim Baskin, Jonathan Zuck, Kavouss Arasteh, Keith Drazek, Malcolm Hutty, Mark Carvell, Martin Boyle, Olivier Muron, Pedro Ivo Silva, Peter Van Roste, Sabine Meyer, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy, Steve DelBianco, Tomohiro Fujisaki, Wisdom Donkor   (22)

Legal Counsel:  Edward McNicholas, Holly Gregory, Ingrid Mittermaier, Josh Hofheimer, Michael Clark, Rosemary Fei, Steven Chiodini, Tyler Hilton

Staff:  Adam Peake, Berry Cobb, Brenda Brewer, Grace Abuhamad, Hillary Jett, Jim Trengrove, Laena Rahim, Marika Konings, 

Apologies:  Eberhard Lisse

**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript

Transcript CCWG ACCT #32 5 May.doc

Transcript CCWG ACCT #32 5 May.pdf

Recording

The Adobe Connect recording is available here:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p7r0su1rxr4/

The audio recording is available here:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ccwg-acct-05may15-en.mp3

Agenda

1. Welcome & Roll Call & SoI

2. Update on report publication

- looking back at latest discussions, how we   addressed the "private sector" discussion

- any input we chose not to take onboard 3. Engagement plan :

- Webinar dates

- Icann staff to update on Icann's plans : see Hillary email from 29 April

- Encourage members and participants to give presentations,

- initiate a FAQ

4. Areas of further investigation for the group :

- what are the topics we need to keep working on during public comment ?

- some legal questions still outstanding

- Community mechanism + UAs need more fleshing out

5. Conclusion

Notes

These high-level notes are designed to help you navigate through content of the call and do not substitute in any way the transcript.

Links

WP1 Drafts - http://tinyurl.com/puvneyq

WP2 Drafts - http://tinyurl.com/p9yemfx

ST-WP Drafts - http://tinyurl.com/mye8o3e

Legal Subt Drafts - http://tinyurl.com/kajxlc4 

Public Comment Announcement:  https://www.icann.org/public-comments/ccwg-accountability-draft-proposal-2015-05-04-en

Webinar Announcement:  https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2015-05-04-en

1. Welcome & Roll Call & SoI

apologies, Eberhard Lisse

2. Update on report publication

Congratulations on the publication of the report.  Published for public comment yesterday, May 4.

Update:  the report structure was reviewed, splitting a large section to make the document more readable.  Note the change in page numbers.

Monitored use of the words "private sector" in ICANN documents (bylaws, articles etc) and discussion within the group.  Introduced a note to say discussion was ongoing.  Asking for community for feedback on the topic.

The initial announcement of the public comment does not include the XPLANE graphic, last minute edit. These will be included today.

Comment: para 65, for example.  Not mention "private sector" in the report rather reference the bylaws

Action: staff to make a proposal for the analysis for public comment planning. Need for the working parties to analyze comments relevant to their respective sections

Legal call on Friday 1 May UTC 20:00 to discussion of unincorporated associations, a meeting organized at short notice to discuss member models and unincorporated associations tom provide clarification for the report.

The meeting resulted in the new memo on unincorporated associations (see legal sub-team documents on the wiki)  Notes and chat of the meeting sent to the legal sub team list.

3. engagement plan (Hillary Jett ICANN staff)

Public comment promotion and outreach.  Utilize social media presence.

Distribution of information to regional stakeholders teams, twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn. The home page banner is updated.  Ensure the community is informed.  Will be added to all the ICANN newsletters.  The regional engagement teams have all been informed.

Ask that all participants push the information out to the various list.

If you plan webinars and meetings, then the chairs have offered to support meetings, and Hillary will help coordinate.

Co-chairs and Rapporteurs will make themselves available for community outreach efforts, for SO/AC, constituencies or outside ICANN.  Sharing comments back with the group would be very helpful.

Action: All CCWG members, after any information sessions or other discussions please report on any feedback, help prepare for review of public comment and to create an FAQ.

Contact for speakers bureau Hillary Jett <hillary.jett@icann.org

information from the numbers community:  regular updates from the CCWG members to their community.  Share on lists and lead discussions, with information relevant to the numbers community.  Will be discussed at the RIPE meeting next week.  Will report back to the CCWG twitter hashtag? 

Hilary's april 29 email.  Email about the communications support available and some of the background information about support that was made available for CWG.  Now forwarded to the CCWG list.

Action:  staff will discuss possible ways to have the key parts of the report translated as quickly as possible: i.e. Exec summary and XPLANE to be translated as a priority . Main sections of the document ahead of the appendix

Action: Staff to respond on interpretation of webinars.

Further legal advice received:  Sam Eisner's and Pedro da Silva's questions answered.

CCWG engagement with the CWG public comment, how to respond?

Suggest CCWG response to the CWG public comment to highlight the parts of our report that responds to issues raised in the CWG proposal.  Avri producing comment on this matter already.

Action:  CCWG will submit comments on the CWG public comment.  Will inform the CWG co-chairs of this contribution. (staff and CCWG co-chairs)

Process after the close of public comment, any other face to face meetings?  Other than the 19 June meeting, no.  But need to plan how to prepare between June 3 (close of PC) and June19.  So we have responses ready for ICANN#53

Action: Staff to confirm the outline of the work process after June 3 in detailed fashion.

Action: Staff to populate the public comment review tool as comments are submitted.

Proposal to cancel the meeting of 12 May.  And legal sub-team calls for this week and next week.  Comments?

Action: Republish the updated calendar of CCWG meetings and webinars

Please use the time to reach-out to communities, and provide feedback.

Meeting closed

Action Items

Action: staff to make a proposal for the analysis for public comment planing. 

Action: All CCWG members: after any information sessions or other discussions please report on any feedback, help prepare for review of public comment and to create an FAQ.

Action:  staff will discuss possible ways to have the key parts of the report translated as quickly as possible: i.e. Exec summary and XPLANE to be translated as a priority . Main sections of the document ahead of the appendix

Action: Staff to respond on interpretation of webinars.

Action: CCWG will submit comments on the CWG public comment.  Will inform the CWG co-chairs of this contribution. (staff and CCWG co-chairs)

Action: Staff to confirm the outline of the work process after June 3 in detailed fashion.

Action: Staff to populate the public comment review tool as comments are submitted.

Action: Staff to republish the updated calendar of CCWG meetings and webinars

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (5/5/2015 06:42) Welcome to CCWG Accountability Meeting #32 on 5 May!  Please note that chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards 

arasteh: (06:53) HI bRENDA

arasteh: (06:54) HOW ARE YOU?

Brenda Brewer: (06:54) Good day Kavouss! 

Hillary Jett: (06:55) Good morning/afternoon/evening all!

arasteh: (06:55) GOOD DAY TO EVERY BODY

Michael Clark (Sidley): (06:55) Good day

olga cavalli - GAC: (06:56) good morning from argentina!

Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (06:56) Hello everyone ! Thanks for joining this call

Rosemary Fei: (06:57) Good morning, everyone.

Ingrid Mittermaier (Adler Colvin): (06:58) Hello!

Alice Munyua (GAC): (06:58) Hello everyone

arasteh: (06:59) Hi Olga

arasteh: (06:59) Hi Alice GAC

Steven Chiodini (Adler & Colvin): (07:00) Hello

Pär Brumark (GAC Niue): (07:00) Hi all!

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:00) ata marie / good morning from New Zealand

arasteh: (07:00) hI paar

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (07:01) hello all!

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:01) hey everyone! wait, what time is it in NZ?

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:01) 0000

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (07:01) hello all :)

Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (07:01) Reminder : the public announcement can be found here : https://www.icann.org/public-comments/ccwg-accountability-draft-proposal-2015-05-04-en

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (07:01) made a movie with kids over the weekend. WC Fields was right!

Julia Wolman GAC Denmark: (07:01) Hello all

olga cavalli - GAC: (07:01) i hear some noise only is thi ok.

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:01) Wait, 0001

Adrian Carballo LACRALO: (07:01) Hello everyone!

Pär Brumark (GAC Niue): (07:01) Hi  Kavouss!

Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (07:02) Point taken Jordan, will start soon

arasteh: (07:02) How is Jordan our community empoiwerment architectt

olga cavalli - GAC: (07:02) hola Kavouss Alice and Paar!

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:02) i am not the architect, just the humble servant Kavouss

olga cavalli - GAC: (07:02) i hear well now

FIONA ASONGA(ASO): (07:02) Hallo All

David McAuley (RySG): (07:02) What is that

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:03) okay, who's on the faulty belgian line?

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:03) oh dear, that was some complicated European language

Alice Munyua (GAC): (07:03) There was interruption

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:03) flemish/french, Jordan.

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:03) Wasn't French

Alice Munyua (GAC): (07:03) It was Kiswahili @jordan

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:03) I'd understand it otherwise :)

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:03) oh, my mistake then :)

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:03) ;-)

Rosemary Fei: (07:04) I couldnt understand Thomas at all

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:04) ...

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:04) Oh maybe it is Belgian French

Rosemary Fei: (07:04) So what language was that?

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:05) French.

Marika Konings: (07:05) First part in French, then Dutch (with a Flemish accent) ;-)

Alice Munyua (GAC): (07:05) Frenchswahili

Becky Burr: (07:05) good (morning in DC) all

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:05) it's midnight, I might not be fully linguistically talented

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:05) no worries. I spent some time in Belgium and can more or less speak all their languages (depending on time of day).

Rosemary Fei: (07:06) At 5:00 AM, I can barely speak English

Alan Greenberg: (07:06) Sorry, that was an error.

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:07) thanks Kavouss :)

Becky Burr: (07:09) thanks Kavouss. great team effort

Hillary Jett: (07:10) Hi everyone: The XPLANE graphics are currently located on the Wiki in the interim of being posted on the public comment page here: https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/Draft+Report

olga cavalli - GAC: (07:12) + 1 to tijanis comment

Julia Wolman GAC Denmark: (07:13) Agree with Tijani

Salam Yamout: (07:14) how do I view the slides?  Currently I see the agenda of the call

Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (07:14) @Salam: which slides ?

Salam Yamout: (07:15) I am assuming Hillary is sharing slides?

Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (07:15) Just this one so far ;-)

David McAuley (RySG): (07:15) Thanks Jordan, the May 3rd memo is a good one for UA issues

Ingrid Mittermaier (Adler Colvin): (07:16) @Salam: I think they are talking about the Illustrated Concepts slides that visually explain the report

Rosemary Fei: (07:19) Can someone send link to April 29 email from Hillary?

David McAuley (RySG): (07:21) Hillary, will our meeting of June 19 in BA be placed on calendar soon

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:21) which email is that Rosemary?

Rosemary Fei: (07:21) The email mentioned in the agenda

Rosemary Fei: (07:21) Item 3, bullet 2

Alice Munyua (GAC): (07:23) @Tijani is there a plan to have session/s on the CCWG proposal during the Africa Internet Summut

Alice Munyua (GAC): (07:23) Sorry that was meant for Tijani, not the whole group.

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:24) still a good idea :)

Hillary Jett: (07:24) Hi all, I will circulate my email from April 29 on the list

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:25) a hashtag

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:25) #acct ?

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:25) #ICANNAccountability

Julia Wolman GAC Denmark: (07:25) Good Idea

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:25) #ICANNaccountability

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:25) #acct might be an abbreviation for accounts? :)

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:26) #IANAacct?

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:26) #ICANNacct

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (07:26) we might want to just make a decision. I like the shorter one Jordan

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:27) #acct is nice and short

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:27) #ICANN #acct

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:27) wellll... https://twitter.com/hashtag/acct

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (07:27) @ICANN #acct

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:27) you were right, Jordan.

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:28) it does stand for "account(s)"

Julia Wolman GAC Denmark: (07:29) Yes, translation is very important and even more so with such a short comment period

Malcolm Hutty: (07:29) #icann-acct

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:30) hyphens don't work in hashtags

Samantha Eisner: (07:30) @Mathieu, we're communicating the importance of this internally as well

David McAuley (RySG): (07:30) Is it fair to assume translations are released as done and not bunched together

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:30) I thought we had been advised translation would take only a day or two, but i may be confused

Malcolm Hutty: (07:30) #ICANNacct then

Grace Abuhamad: (07:30) it depends on the size of the document

Izumi Okutani (ASO): (07:32) I think it's helpful enough to have the executive summary to be out early

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:32) maybe we could borrow the European Parliament's translation service? ;)

Grace Abuhamad: (07:32) 4 days + 2000/wds per day. So, it takes 7 days (approx) for a 6000 word document

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:32) yikes

Izumi Okutani (ASO): (07:32) even the other parts of translatin to come up later

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:33) anyhow it will happen when it happens

Izumi Okutani (ASO): (07:33) This may reduce the time to prepare the translation and give people time to pay attention to which part of the report they should take a look

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:33) even if the questions documents were translated

Izumi Okutani (ASO): (07:34) exactly Kavous that is what I proposed

Julia Wolman GAC Denmark: (07:35) This means that translation of the webinars is crucial

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:35) "the sooner the better nad preferably yesterday" re translation

Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt: (07:35) IGF website has list of upcoming IG events when the document and comment period could be given visibility: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair-ALAC): (07:36) Jorge Cancio's questions are still pending

Rosemary Fei: (07:38) Leon, what did the Cancio questions concern?  I don't think I remember them being referred to counsel.

Grace Abuhamad: (07:38) Only 3 comments on CWG-stewardship so far: http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-cwg-stewardship-draft-proposal-22apr15/

Holly Gregory: (07:38) Yes Leon, Please resend.

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair-ALAC): (07:39) Will do @Holly. Thanks

Avri Doria: (07:41) i am on online

Avri Doria: (07:43) apologies for my tardiness today.

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:43) absolutely shocking, Avri. *smile*

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:45) thisisn't our last chance to suggest things we need to do, for sure

Avri Doria: (07:46) forgot to put it in my calendar and woke up feeling like i was missing something.  and found i was.

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:47) thank you for sharing your email, Hillary.

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:47) happy to help "rapport" on the basis Adam is outlining

arasteh: (07:48) Alan+1

Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt: (07:48) In case not aware, GAC has a first discussion of both proposals in two (east and west hemisphere) calls today convened by the GAC Chair.

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:49) Hopefully GAC can share those views early

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair-ALAC): (07:50) Cancelling legal sub-team calls too

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC  APRegional Member: (07:50) Woo Hoo !

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:50) yay!

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:50) a week without calls! outrageous!!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC  APRegional Member: (07:50) and I have cancelled this week's  ST-WP  call already :-)

Alice Munyua (GAC): (07:50) @sabine Gac calls several

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC  APRegional Member: (07:50) we will consider next week and get back to you all soon :-)

Keith Drazek: (07:50) Congratulations to all of us, but to the Co-Chairs and Rapporteurs in particular. Thanks also to ICANN staff and to the legal advisors.

David McAuley (RySG): (07:51) +1 keith

Izumi Okutani (ASO): (07:51) +1 Keith

Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt: (07:51) I add my deep appreciation and congratulations to the co-chairs and the whole team for the excellent progress.

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (07:51) Yes, congrats.

Pedro Ivo Silva [GAC Brasil]: (07:51) +1 Mark

Julia Wolman GAC Denmark: (07:51) Agree with Mark

Alice Munyua (GAC): (07:51) +Mark

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:52) Bonsoir!

Jordan Carter (.nz, ccTLD): (07:52) et merci Mathieu!

James Bladel - GNSO: (07:52) Thank you.

Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (07:52) GAC call in an hour ;)

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (07:52) going back to bed

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair-ALAC): (07:52) Congratulations to all the team! Amazing work!

Sivasubramanian M: (07:52) That is very efficient.

Alice Munyua (GAC): (07:52) Thank you and bye

Izumi Okutani (ASO): (07:52) Thank you all!!

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair-ALAC): (07:52) thanks all

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair-ALAC): (07:52) bye

Sivasubramanian M: (07:52) Bye

Holly Gregory: (07:52) Thank you all.  Great work!

Pedro Ivo Silva [GAC Brasil]: (07:52) Bye

David McAuley (RySG): (07:52) Many thanks, bye all for at least a week

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (07:52) thank you!!

olga cavalli - GAC: (07:52) thank and regards bye

Pär Brumark (GAC Niue): (07:52) Txh

Rosemary Fei: (07:52) Thank you, all, and goodbye.

Martin Boyle, Nominet: (07:52) bye all, thanks

Julia Wolman GAC Denmark: (07:52) Bye!

FIONA ASONGA(ASO): (07:52) thanks bye

Cheryl Langdon-Orr ALAC  APRegional Member: (07:52) Excellent  THANKS  all  Bye for now   see many of you in webinar mode of course :-)

• No labels