Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the LACRALO GSE Capacity Building Webinar – DNS Eco System on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 at 22:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/Go80Aw

Terri Agnew:Please make sure to log into Adobe Connect with your first and last name for attendance

Terri Agnew:Por favor, asegúrese de iniciar sesión en Adobe Connect con tu nombre y apellido de la asistencia

Rodrigo Saucedo:YEs

Rodrigo Saucedo:Hi Juan Carlos

Alberto Soto:Hola, disculpas por llegar tarde..

Humberto carrasco:Hola a todos

Humberto carrasco:disculpas por llegar tarde

Silvia Vivanco:Bienvenidos a todos

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome all!

Alberto Soto:Gracias Silvia!

Juan Manuel Rojas:Buenas Tardes

Silvia Vivanco:Bienvenido Juan Manuel!

Alejandro Pisanty:Saludos todos/as

Alejandro Pisanty:¿esta parte está en inglés en el original y luego va a cambiar de idioma a español?

Fatima Cambronero:perdí el audio en el Adobe, ¿soy solo yo?

Alejandro Pisanty:(¿o Juan Carlos Namis también va a exponer en inglés?

Juan Manuel Rojas:Fatima, creo que fue momentáneo. A mí también me pasó.

Fatima Cambronero:gracias, si, ya volvió

Juan Manuel Rojas:con razón se cortó

bea:hola se fue el audio

Alejandro Pisanty:A la ponente por favor: el registrante no necesariamente va a crear un sitio Web; puede usar el nombre para muchas otras posibilidades - correo, repositorio de archivos., registro defensivo...

Juan Manuel Rojas:se está filtrando un audio en español

Rodrigo Saucedo:Adrian por favor mute

Rodrigo Saucedo:gracias

Juan Carlos Namis:I will present in english

Juan Carlos Namis:i hope that is ok

Alejandro Pisanty:JC, no prob, just good to know

Alejandro Pisanty:Silvia Vivanco, un favor: ¿es posible recibir el audio en inglés? Y una pregunta: ¿el chat es uno solo o son separados para inglés y español?

Alberto Soto:You could give examples with names registrars, please?

Silvia Vivanco:el audio  en AC sale en Espanol solamente

Silvia Vivanco:para ingles por favor   sea tan amable de llamar al numero adigo Code 1638

Lance Hinds:Who in the LAC region can afford to become a registrar I wonder :-)

Alejandro Pisanty:Gracias Silvia

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you for posting your  questions here

Silvia Vivanco:we are taking notes and they will be read

Alejandro Pisanty:@Lance there's plenty of registrars in LAC. Many of them are part of another business.

Silvia Vivanco:in the Q  & A session

Alejandro Pisanty:Some are parts of large ISPs, telcos or web- and other hosting businesses. That way they can provide full service without having to involve third parties.

Lance Hinds:Hmmm thanks Alejandro

Alejandro Pisanty:@Lance re registrIES, there are less but some have come up in the new gTLDs - e.g. .bar, .rest (for restaurant) are spin-offs or steps forward of a company that does restaurant listings; an organic-growth model for the gTLD

Lance Hinds:And they can afford the cost of the new gTLDs?

Alejandro Pisanty:@Lance in both cases much depends on what market you can find for the services that defrays the costs

Alejandro Pisanty:yes they did - they even managed to outbid larger players for one of these

Alejandro Pisanty:if the business model is sound and the company credible, they attract enough capital

Lance Hinds:Hmmm...

Eduardo Rojas:I understand that ccTLDs dont have a contract with ICANN like the gTLDs but some ccTLDs hace signed  an accountabilty framework with ICANN can this be considred they have a contractual relationship... sorry for my english

Terri Agnew:We are locating the echo

Silvia Vivanco:please to answer the questions

Terri Agnew:Please remember to mute when not speaking *6 to MUTE*7 to UNMUTE

Silvia Vivanco:state your name first

Caitlin Tubergen:http://www.internic.net/alpha.html

Caitlin Tubergen:I'm sorry - I lost audio.

Alberto Soto:se corto mi comunicacion

bea:me too

Silvia Vivanco:Spanish interpreters lines  dropped

Fatima Cambronero:Rodrigo, en este canal tienes que hablar en español, luego los intérpretes traducen

Silvia Vivanco:apologies they are being conneccted

Terri Agnew:interpreters have rejoined

Silvia Vivanco:si Alberto

Alejandro Pisanty:El RFC 1591 es de Jon Postel y define la relación entre operadores de TLDs y la comunidad

Alejandro Pisanty:establece obligaciones hacia la comunidad local y la global en el caso de ccTLDs

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you  for that  comment Alejandro

bea:tienes razon Alejandro

Alejandro Pisanty:¿JC, por qué no referir al documento de policy #1 de ICANN sucesor del RFC 1591?

Juan Carlos Namis:si tenemos que mandar en link

Alejandro Pisanty:Falta la opción MAYBE

Alejandro Pisanty:muchísimos registrantes venden nombres, la pregunta no tiene respuesta única. ¿Han oído la palabra "domainers"?

Alberto Soto:Gravias a todos!!!

Silvia Vivanco:Please all be so kind  to fill  in the  Evaluation Survey

Terri Agnew:Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LACRALOGSECapacityBuildingWebinar This will also be sent via email

Silvia Vivanco:give us your feedback!

Alejandro Pisanty:saludos a todos/as

Heidi Ullrich:Thank you/Gracias!

bea:gracias, saludos

Adrian Carballo:Gracias Rodrigo!

Heidi Ullrich:Thank you to the presenters.

Juan Carlos Namis:abrazos gracias

• No labels