Attendees:  Sharon Flanagan, Edward McNicholas, Greg Shatan, Jonathan Robinson, Josh Hofheimer, Lise Fuhr, Tennie Tam

Apologies:  Holly Gregory

Agenda: 

1. Opening

2. Review of action items from CWG-Stewardship call

a. Project plan

b. Term sheet for ICANN/PTI Contract, including SOW and SLEs

c. Chart with differences between LLC and non-profit public benefit corp. (chart provided during April intensive 

d. Stress Tests for PTI entity

3. Overall timeline (from end of public comment to ultimate end point) + link with CCWG timing 

4. Remainder of Punch List

5. AOB

6. Closing

Notes: 

2a. Project Plan

• Action: Invite Berry Cobb to Chairs' call next week to return to project plan (include sub-streams of work as they relate to deliverables from Sidley and other work)
  • DTs will need to be monitored closely to determine the areas for Sidley input. 
  • Include Sidley on DT-C, DT-M, DT-N, DT-SR?
  • Action: communicate back to the DTs listed that, on the basis of the Client Com meeting, Sidley is involved earlier rather than later to ensure an 
    overall integrated solution. 
  • Action: suggestion for DT-C, DT-M, and DTN to have another joint call and seek clarity on role, mechanics, and conditions for GNSO and ccNSO
     involvement in escalation path. 

2b. Term sheet for ICANN/PTI Contract, including SOW and SLEs

Sidley will draft

2c. Chart with differences between LLC and non-profit public benefit corp. (chart provided during April intensive)

• Is the chart sufficient? Does it need to be modified?
  • Action: Sidley will recirculate this chart along with PTI Board memo

2d. Stress Tests for PTI entity

• Particular focus on Board 
  • Discussion of base case of non profit vs. LLC --> may be best put to the side because does not matter as much as insider/outsider Board

Reminder not to stray from conversation in the CWG. Client Commitee role is to facilitate Sidley involvement. 

4. Remainder of Punch List

Nothing further needed from Sidley

3. Overall timeline (from end of public comment to ultimate end point) + link with CCWG timing 

Action: Chairs to prepare a briefing on the overall timeline

Action Items:

• Action: Invite Berry Cobb to Chairs' call next week to return to project plan (include sub-streams of work as they relate to deliverables from Sidley and other work)
  • DTs will need to be monitored closely to determine the areas for Sidley input. 
  • Include Sidley on DT-C, DT-M, DT-N, DT-SR?
  • Action: communicate back to the DTs listed that, on the basis of the Client Com meeting, Sidley is involved earlier rather than later to ensure an 
    overall integrated solution. 
  • Action: suggestion for DT-C, DT-M, and DTN to have another joint call and seek clarity on role, mechanics, and conditions for GNSO and ccNSO
     involvement in escalation path. 
  • Action: Chairs to prepare a briefing on the overall timeline

Transcript

The transcript will be posted here shortly

Recordings

The Adobe Connect recording is available here:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p285x1adeyi/

The MP3 recording is available here:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sidley-07may15-en.mp3

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (5/7/2015 08:37) Welcome to the Client Committee meeting on 7 May 2015.

Brenda Brewer: (09:00) Josh Hofheimer is on phone line at this time

Sharon Flanagan: (09:00) Hi All - just waiting for audio

Sharon Flanagan: (09:00) I'm here now

Jonathan Robinson: (09:01) All present?

Lise Fuhr: (09:01) Hello

Jonathan Robinson: (09:01) Maarten expected?

Jonathan Robinson: (09:02) Anyone esle from Sidley?

Sharon Flanagan: (09:02) Hi Grace - I would call 2b - Term sheet for ICANN/PTI Contract, including SOW and SLEs

Sharon Flanagan: (09:02) Josh is on audio only

Greg Shatan: (09:02) Hello from sunny San Diego.

Sharon Flanagan: (09:02) and Holly is on a plane so can't join.

Sharon Flanagan: (09:02) It's always sunny in San Diego

Sharon Flanagan: (09:04) 2c - was provided during April intensive calls

Sharon Flanagan: (09:06) nothing from me -- it ties to #3 of agenda

Sharon Flanagan: (09:11) yes

Greg Shatan: (09:11) I think it's a good idea at this point.

Sharon Flanagan: (09:12) DT-C, M, N and SX (not F or A)

Edward McNicholas (Sidley): (09:12) Hello.  Ed from Sidley has joined in as well.

Sharon Flanagan: (09:12) I guess it's DT-X or DT-SR

Sharon Flanagan: (09:14) I would also suggest that C, M and N consider another joint call

Lise Fuhr: (09:15) A good idea

Sharon Flanagan: (09:18) @Jonathan - I think that is touched  on in the punch list too.

Jonathan Robinson: (09:18) @Sharon. Where?

Sharon Flanagan: (09:20) That is true since proposal is clear that it is being required.

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:20) I've joined the Adobe Connect now as well.

Grace Abuhamad: (09:21) hi josh

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:28) @Greg, that's great.  We can start there, and will also pull the SAC 68.  Very helpful..

Grace Abuhamad: (09:28) SAC68 is available here: https://community.icann.org/x/_iLxAg

Lise Fuhr: (09:30) We did a rough term sheet already

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:30) @jonathan, understood thank you..  No reinventing the wheel!

Jonathan Robinson: (09:30) thANKS jOSH

Sharon Flanagan: (09:30) Grace - that link won't open for us

Grace Abuhamad: (09:31) https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/Bibliography

Grace Abuhamad: (09:31) try this one?

Greg Shatan: (09:31) Tryf https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/sac-068-en.pdf

Greg Shatan: (09:31) I have a hypersensitive f key....

Grace Abuhamad: (09:31) Greg is pointing you to the file, and I'm pointing you to the CWG Bibliography. Both are good.

Lise Fuhr: (09:34) Yes you are right this is more about the finalization of the actual contract

Sharon Flanagan: (09:35) We have access to that doc now.  Thanks

Lise Fuhr: (09:38) @Greg and @Jonathan I got it now - and agree on the term sheet

Lise Fuhr: (09:39) @Jonathan a very good point

Edward McNicholas (Sidley) 2: (09:40) should we include an outline of the CSC process in the outline?

Greg Shatan: (09:43) very faint

Sharon Flanagan: (09:43) Some of this will be bylaws. 

Sharon Flanagan: (09:43) We can consider how best to address.  We haven't determined yet how the CSC will be reflected in teh contract, if at all

Lise Fuhr: (09:44) @sharon it could be discussed in DTC

Greg Shatan: (09:45) IMHO it will need to referred to and have a role in the contract.  But the proof of the pudding's in the eating....

Lise Fuhr: (09:47) I agree

Greg Shatan: (09:51) I think the composition of the PTI Board is still an open question, unless it was resolved a few hours ago...

Greg Shatan: (09:52) I see your logic

Sharon Flanagan: (09:52) We can highlight advantages and disadvantages and compare at the end as we did with the 2 models out of Istanbul

Greg Shatan: (09:53) Though I still kind of like a side by side test...

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:53) I think sharing the Sidley stress test on the two types of PTI Board will help progress the thinking.  We are planning to circulate. 

Sharon Flanagan: (09:53) So  Jonathan's appoach make sense to us

Greg Shatan: (09:57) I think we'll get to the side-by-side soon enough so we may as well start there, if we need to add cases or "hybrids" after that, we can do so.

Sharon Flanagan: (09:59) I stand corrected.  It's not the Milton model

Sharon Flanagan: (09:59) Agreed

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (10:00) @agreed Sharon.  The distinction is whether there are ANY non-ICANN employees on the PTI Board.  Once there are enough independents or outsiders on the Board such that ICANN no longer controls the Board (by majority membership).  At that point it becomes an independent board.

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (10:00) @Jonathan, agreed.  "Multistakeholder" is a laden term

Greg Shatan: (10:00) Did we lose Jonathan

Greg Shatan: (10:00) only lost a few seconds

Sharon Flanagan: (10:04) Thanks!

Lise Fuhr: (10:04) Bye all - and thank you

• No labels