Attendees: Sharon Flanagan; Holly Gregory; Cam Kerry; Josh Hofheimer; Tennie Tam; Vivek Mohan; Greg Shatan; Maarten Simon; Jonathan Robinson, Janet Zagorin, Lise Fuhr, Edward McNicholas, Michael Clark,  

Transcript

Transcript CWG CC SIDLEY 02 April.doc

Transcript CWG CC SIDLEY 02 April.pdf

Recordings

The Adobe Connect recording is available here:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p7vzfu9qcnc/

The MP3 recording is available here:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sidley-02apr15-en.mp3

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (4/2/2015 08:31) Welcome to the Client Committee meeting on 2 April at 14:00 UTC.

Holly J. Gregory (Sidley): (08:45) Good day to all.

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:00) Good day Holly and all.

Holly J. Gregory (Sidley): (09:01) Hi Maarten!

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:01) Hi

Lise Fuhr: (09:02) Hi all not on audio yet

Jonathan Robinson: (09:03) Hello All

Greg Shatan: (09:03) I am now dialed in.

Lise Fuhr: (09:03) I am there now

Joshua Hofheimer: (09:06) Good Morning..  I am connected on the plane, but not with audio.. I can follow the Notes and Chats.

Holly J. Gregory (Sidley): (09:07) That is correct Jonathan

Jonathan Robinson: (09:09) Thanks Holly

Lise Fuhr: (09:13) Yes w eneed to rename the "MRT" because the scope is different

Holly J. Gregory (Sidley): (09:16) I'd like to comment

Jonathan Robinson: (09:18) No suggestion as to back channel

Greg Shatan: (09:19) Probably not right choice of words.  Point is that it should be a transparent communication.

Joshua Hofheimer: (09:20) I am getting some of the Audio.  Since Sidley also is providing advice to the CCWG, perhaps we can include a high-level description of the requirements as part of our draft we plan to submit.  The chairs can then communicate, and Sidley also can communicate and answer questions directed to us by the CCWG community, in our legal capacity.

Greg Shatan: (09:20) Agree with Holly on remit.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (09:20) I thikn our draft model can flag the CCWG cross-over points

Joshua Hofheimer: (09:20) +1 Sharon

Greg Shatan: (09:20) Agree with Josh that Sidley linkage can also be used to coordinate and communicate.

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:21) look forward to the draft model and assume that it will make clear what will be needed from the CCWG (explicit or implicit)

Holly J. Gregory (Sidley): (09:22) we have some questions that we need to address on this call so hope we can get back to the proposal soon

Jonathan Robinson: (09:23) Happy to get back to the proposal ASAP

Holly J. Gregory (Sidley): (09:25) Yes -- there will be variants

Lise Fuhr: (09:26) Yes internal model - but with two variants

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:27) Agree with Lise and Greg

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:27) two variants of internal

Holly J. Gregory (Sidley): (09:27) yes

Holly J. Gregory (Sidley): (09:28) the only difference is whether there is a ring fenced entity organized as an affiliate

Lise Fuhr: (09:28) OK sounds good Holly

Jonathan Robinson: (09:28) @Holly. Exactly

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:28) not fast enough in typing but yes

Holly J. Gregory (Sidley): (09:28) good point Sharon re contract question

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:30) I do not think a contract is essential. I do see the advantages but an internal solution should be possible to

Lise Fuhr: (09:31) Let's start on the questions now

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:37) We should however inform them

Greg Shatan: (09:38) We can deal with that more "sensitively" as we iterate this.

Jonathan Robinson: (09:38) @Maarten. Good point that we should genereally keep them informed.

Jonathan Robinson: (09:38) ICG's job is to integrate the proposals

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:40) true but I think I remember that the RIR's already asked for infomation

Jonathan Robinson: (09:44) @Maarten. Yes. And Lise & I have a draft response to be dispatched today

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:45) ok

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:57) It may be important to realize that it is not technically necessary to have all the three services in one organisation

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:58) it would be easier to keep them together and preferably

Joshua Hofheimer: (09:58) @Maarten, are there some employees that are working for all three services concurrently? 

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (09:59) That is my unederstanding but could be divided up if needed

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:59) @Joshua: I do not know

Joshua Hofheimer: (10:00) @Greg +1 !!

Jonathan Robinson: (10:01) Thanks All

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (10:01) bye all

• No labels