Attendees: Jonathan Robinson; Greg Shatan; Maarten Simon; Holly Gregory; Josh Hofheimer; Edward McNicholas; Vivek Mohan; Tennie Tam; Janet Zagorin; Sharon Flanagan; Samantha Einser; Grace Abuhamad; Rick Boucher (phone-only).

Apologies: Lise Fuhr; Theresa Swinehart; John Jeffrey; Cameron Kerry

Recordings

Adobe Connect: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p24z1j3yn8l/

Mp3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sidley-09mar15-en.mp3

Transcript

Transcript CWG CC 09 MARCH.doc

Transcript CWG CC 09 MARCH.pdf

Proposed Agenda

1.  Introductions

2.  Discussion of "Rules of Engagement"

a. Dissemination of Engagement Letter

3.  Discussion of substantive work plan

4.  Prep for Sidley portion of Tuesday call

5.  AOB

6.  Schedule next call

Notes/Action Items

Rules of engagement

In addition to the rules described in the draft document presented by Greg, the following points were discussed and agreed to: 

Public information and transparency

• Hours reporting and fees will be public (on a monthly basis)
  • Limit the email exchanges on CWG-Client list for administrative things such as securing a time for a conference call. 
  • Archive is live: http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/cwg-client/
  • Most assignments are discussed by phone (recorded and transcribed) and confirmed by email on public mailing list

Point-people

• Holly and Ed will be point-people for the team and coordinate the Sidley side. 
  • From Client Committee side, minimum 2 for quorum (one is a co-Chair). 
  • Sidley will have an associate follow the mailing list

Drafts and substantive work 

• Ability to share early drafts with Client Committee before 'formally' sharing them (perhaps via phone)
  • Sidley will receive invites to CWG plenary calls, but be present for pre-scheduled times (noted in agenda) and will not be expected to give any legal advice on the fly during the calls. 

Action (Client Committee): Publish the Retention Letter and Summary of Terms document

Action (Client Committee): suggest a subset of the bibliography as a priority reading list

Action (all): Schedule a call to discuss work going into Istanbul  on Tuesday or Wednesday. Please contact Grace with availability (and grace will coordinate).

Action (all): Schedule a regular weekly call on Friday

Document Presented

ClientCommitteeWorkingMethods.pdf

Chat Transcript

Jonathan Robinson:Hello All. Easier to say so via the caht for now.

Jonathan Robinson:caht = chat

Greg Shatan:Good morning, all

Samantha Eisner:Good morning

Greg Shatan:and good afternoon as well

Jonathan Robinson:@Greg. As part of item 2, I suggest a very brief intro explaining the AC tool and standard mode of working.

Jonathan Robinson:Holly's sound is very low

Maarten Simon, SIDN:sorry can only listen in for 10 min

Jonathan Robinson:@Greg - please let Holly know she is very soft

Samantha Eisner:Thanks Greg

Samantha Eisner:I think you covered it!

Grace Abuhamad:The document is unsynced which means that you can zoom in and scroll to your preference

Grace Abuhamad:there are navigations tools at the bottom of the screen where the document is displayed

Samantha Eisner:The Client Committee list is publicly archived?

Grace Abuhamad:yes @sam

Samantha Eisner:For Sidley understanding - anything that is sent to the CWG is considered public.

Samantha Eisner:So long as this email list are publicly archived, anything in there is also capable of being picked up by anyone

Grace Abuhamad:It's possible that John didn't know the list was publicly archived

Grace Abuhamad:Live archive

Samantha Eisner:To Holly & Team: Do you have ways that you're expecting to get "assignments"? Would this be something you'd expect to happen in a conversation, or through email?  To Greg, is there thought about who is able to provide the official "assignments" to Sidley?

Grace Abuhamad:Hereare the archives: http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/cwg-client/

Maarten Simon, SIDN:thanks Grace

Samantha Eisner:We'd need to be clear if someone were to write in an email "it would be great if they could tell us about x" in an email to the list whether that is an assignment, or if there would be more consideration before that is sent over as an assignment

Maarten Simon, SIDN:ok for me

Grace Abuhamad:I just sent the invite for tomorrow's call

Grace Abuhamad:1pm ET is correct

Samantha Eisner:Holly, on the CWG list, I think that it's our responsibility to flag for you the items that we consider as important

Samantha Eisner:For teh CWG call, can we please have a scheduled time for the Sidley portion?

Grace Abuhamad:We will prepare the agenda today (prep call is at 16:00 UTC) and have a scheduled time.

Samantha Eisner:Also, for the CWG call, will it be made clear that Sidley will not be expected to give any legal advice on the fly during the call (unless that is something Holly& team are  willing to do)

Maarten Simon, SIDN:suggestion: publish engagement letter and and rules of engagement beforehand

Jonathan Robinson:I am done. Thanks. I need to join a scheduled call @ 15:00

Maarten Simon, SIDN:@grace: I think you should add ICANN bylaws and related documents

Grace Abuhamad:Noted. Thanks Maarten

• No labels