You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 8 Current »


Subgroup Members: 


Apologies: Cheryl Langdon Orr

**Please let Grace know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Proposed Agenda: 

1. Welcome

2. Background (General & RFP)

3. Review of previous call

4. Timeline

5. Proposed work streams

6. Next steps


Notes RFP4 - 16/12:

Review of presentation as circulated by Robert


Review of action items from the previous meetings: 

  • Group to clarify question to be asked to IANA re: technical checks - no clarifying questions were circulated on the mailing list
  • Jaap and others to ask about technical checks within their circles/communities - no information found to date. ACTION: Jaap to follow up with Kim Davies.  
  • Berry to prepare timeline of milestones based on RFP3 for the draft that will go out on Monday - timeline to be reviewed later during the call
  • All - comment on Steve Del Bianco's stress tests
  • Volunteers for draft language to include in RFP4: Olivier Crepin-Leblond and Avri Doria. - OCL sent follow up information to the mailing list, outlining risks/threats - no feedback received from RFP4 sub-group. 
  • All -- add “questions to consider” for draft
  • Ask full CWG when to reconvene. RFP4 wants to know when to reconvene to go over comments

Reminder - short deadline. RFP 4 needs to be completed by January 10.


Proposed Work Streams:

1. Describe the current situation

Volunteers: Suzanne (but needs to review time available)


2. Describe the Transition Path

3. Testing the new proposal


ACTION: all -- review document and think about changes. (

ACTION: Berry to circulate new timeline after the call

ACTION: Co-Chairs of CWG to address whether US Bill affects timeline

ACTION: check the availability of time slot for 1.5h call in this slot. 

Weekly calls going forward


The transcript is available here: MeetingRF4_16Dec.doc


The Adobe Connect recording is available here:

The audio recording is available here:

Documents Presented

RFP 4 - December 16-2014.pdf

Chat Transcript

jaap akkerhuis SSAC:Morning/Evening Grace. Iguess I'm early

  Grace Abuhamad:Hi all!Welcome to the RFP 4 Call

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:hello all

  Grace Abuhamad:Yes a bit early @jaap

  Grace Abuhamad:but not late!

  Grace Abuhamad:so that's good

  jaap akkerhuis SSAC:Fisrt time :-)

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:Will two way audio be available from Adobe?

  Grace Abuhamad:yes. adding it now

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:thanks

  jaap akkerhuis SSAC:Thanks as well.

  Robert Guerra:hi all

  Yasuichi Kitamura (At-Large):Good evening.

  jaap akkerhuis SSAC:The Agenda is also in the Notes window in Adobe

  Grace Abuhamad:Notes from last call:

  Fatima Cambronero:hello everyone, sorry for being late. We were in At-Large call

  Suzanne Woolf:I can't hear Robert very clearly, not sure what he was just asking about?

  Grace Abuhamad:he was asking about Avri and Olivier's action items

  Suzanne Woolf:ok thx

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:apologies for being late

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I was on another call

  Beran Gillen:hello everyone

  Suzanne Woolf:I think Robert just directed a question at me, but I couldn't hear it clearly, sorry

  Grace Abuhamad:He asked if you wanted to share any concerns about testing

  Suzanne Woolf:not specifically on testing, no.

  Sivasubramanian M:if you can't hear me everything looks fine Robert

  Suzanne Woolf:I've had some concerns that the existing proposal doesn't address some operational considerations re: continuity of relationships for IANA with root server operators, etc.

  Suzanne Woolf:will offer in more detail

  Suzanne Woolf:It's a little difficult because I share Olivier's sense about moving timelines for RFP3

  Martin Boyle, Nominet, ICG:Sorry - I'm very late

  Suzanne Woolf:but will try to put something together

  Suzanne Woolf:was incorporated into the award so is part of the contract

  Sivasubramanian M:is it a draft or something that has been submitted?

  Guru Acharya:No Siva. This is ICANN's reponse to NTIA's RFP in 2012.

  Sivasubramanian M:this could well serve as a model for rfp4 report / recommendations, in parts

  Robert Guerra:

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:very helpful thanks

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Yes, thanks for this . I'll forward to ALAC IANA Issues WG

  Sivasubramanian M:can we go over the components by item headings and first eliminate if anything is out of scope for rfp4?

  Suzanne Woolf:Grace, Robert, I can volnteer some time on this but need to review how much

  Grace Abuhamad:thank you

  Sivasubramanian M:+1 Olivier

  Sivasubramanian M:on not going ahead with contractCo  and on the proposal of IANA so

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:correct

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:at least for the moment

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok thanks Greg!

  jaap akkerhuis SSAC:Note that schedule might clash with other CWG calls

  Fatima Cambronero:agree @Jaap: 12th Meeting CWG IANA Stewardship (Tuesday 23 December at 14:00-16:00 UTC)

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:bye

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thanks Robert!

  Yasuichi Kitamura (At-Large):bye

  Fatima Cambronero:thanks Robert, all. Bye

  jaap akkerhuis SSAC:Bye bye all.

  Greg Shatan:Thank you, Robert

  Martin Boyle, Nominet, ICG:bte, thanks

  Martin Boyle, Nominet, ICG:and sorry I was late

  • No labels