Attendees: 

Sub-Group Members:   Andrea Beccalli, Edward Morris, Fiona Asonga, Greg Shatan, Izumi Okutani, Jonathan Zuck, Jordan Carter, Kavouss Arasteh, Keith Drazek, Matthew Shears, Robin Gross, Roelof Meijer, Steve DelBianco, Suzanne Radell, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Vrikson Acosta  (16)

Staff:  Alice Jansen, Berry Cobb, Brenda Brewer, Grace Abuhamad

Apologies

**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript

Transcript CCWG WG1 #1 18 February.doc

Transcript CCWG WG1 #1 18 February.pdf

Recording

The Adobe Connect recording is available here:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p4dfrlg6e2c/

The audio recording is available here:   http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-wp1-18feb15-en.mp3

Proposed Agenda

1. Scope of this Working Party, WP1

2. Work Plan and Working Methods

3. Scope Powers and Mechanisms

4. Volunteers

5. Any Other Business

Notes

1. Scope of this Working Party, WP1

Triggered / Non-triggered were suggested by CoChairs in Singapore.

WP1 is non-triggered group 

WP1-WP2 coordination needed on triggered / non-triggered

Move AoC reviews to Bylaws to make them non-triggered

Triggered by whom? events, individuals

ACTION ITEM Jordan to touch base with Becky to OK lists

2. Work Plan and Working Methods

Volunteers needed to populate templates 

Powers and mechanisms are different - distinction needs to be described - suggestion to have name of the power listed in title, instead of mechanism 

ACTION ITEM Jordan to discuss with coChairs and WP2

Flexibility in filling out templates - not requirement to have all of the sections filled out

VOLUNTEERS

Roelof - 1 A,B,C

Steve - 2 A,B,C,E

Matthew - 2 A,B,C,D,E & 5A

Fiona - 2 A,B,C,D,E

Keith - Jonathan - Editor

Keith - 5 A,B

Kavouss - 2A,B,C 5B-2

ACTION ITEM Volunteers to provide input on how templates work 

ACTION ITEM Staff to put template into google doc

ACTION: Staff to circulate Wiki tutorials to CCWG

Action Items

ACTION ITEM Jordan to touch base with Becky to OK lists

ACTION ITEM Jordan to discuss with coChairs and WP2

ACTION ITEM Volunteers to provide input on how templates work 

ACTION ITEM Staff to put template into google doc

ACTION: Staff to circulate Wiki tutorials to CCWG

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (2/18/2015 14:56) Welcome all to the CCWG WP1 meeting.

Roelof Meijer (ccNSO): (14:57) Hello aal, good whateveritisyourside, we're the punctual ones, aren't we?

arasteh: (14:57) Dear all,$

arasteh: (14:58) Dear All,

arasteh: (14:58) let me note that you are a wonderful and fantastic group

Vrikson Acosta: (14:58) Good morning, afternoon, evening or night, dependeng on your timezone :)

arasteh: (14:58) I have informed evey and all other people inside and outside ICANN on how wonderful you are.

arasteh: (14:59) How effective you are

arasteh: (14:59) how friendly enviroment is prevails

arasteh: (14:59) Congradulation to all of youi

arasteh: (15:00) WE OWE ALL THIS TO tHOMAS, MATHIEU, LEION, JORDAN BECCY

Roelof Meijer (ccNSO): (15:00) Kavouss, can it be that your mike is unmuted? I think I hear you typing

arasteh: (15:01) YES

arasteh: (15:01) TKS

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (15:01) hello Jordan

Grace Abuhamad: (15:01) Yes we can hear you

Jordan Carter: (15:01) hi everyone

Fiona Asonga(ASO): (15:02) We can here you

Keith Drazek: (15:02) Hi all.

Suzanne Radell: (15:03) Hello everyone

Roelof Meijer (ccNSO): (15:03) Let's take advantage of Kavouss being very happy with us all ; )

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (15:04) Band is back together!

Tijani BEN JEMAA (ALAC): (15:04) Hi Brenda

Tijani BEN JEMAA (ALAC): (15:04) Can u plz make the operator call me

Tijani BEN JEMAA (ALAC): (15:05) I need a dial out

Grace Abuhamad: (15:05) Yes, we are

Grace Abuhamad: (15:06) Brenda is dialing out to you. One minute please

Tijani BEN JEMAA (ALAC): (15:06) Thx

matthew shears: (15:09) Jordan - is htere a document that distinguishes betwen triggered and non-triggered

Keith Drazek: (15:09) I thought you were at an air show. ;-)

Jordan Carter: (15:11) All: I have added a column to the table in the Scope paper to note which is triggered (T) and which is non-triggered (NT) -- just done that now

Jordan Carter: (15:11) it's at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-17DuxWJJuUk6QAelcz7X4L3KiyQ2XcEqapHVj9ir38/edit?usp=sharing

matthew shears: (15:11) thanks Jordan - that makes sense

Keith Drazek: (15:11) +1 Steve. I think it will be critical to ensure we don't lose anything when the 2 Work Parties come back together...as they must.

Alice Jansen: (15:13) Graphics can be found here - https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/52233188/CCWG_Graphics_150212%5B1%5D.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1423698088000&api=v2

Jordan Carter: (15:13) Staff - is it possible to PDF and load the updated doc I linked above?

Grace Abuhamad: (15:14) Alice's got it :)

Jordan Carter: (15:15) thanks so much

Steve DelBianco  [GNSO - CSG]: (15:16) Raising My Hand

Greg Shatan: (15:25) It might be useful to think of "non-triggered" as "proactive" and "triggered" as "reactive".  Not sure if that works in all instances.

Jordan Carter: (15:26) Greg: I think that is a helpful way to do it.

matthew shears: (15:26) + 1 Steve - its essential that the AoCs get into the bylaws

Greg Shatan: (15:27) Doing the work is clearly not a "trigger"....

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (15:27) Agree. Won't matter whether they are called triggeed or non triggered as long as they are done. We also need the abiity to add/change reviews since not all of them will be necessary all the time

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (15:28) "triggered" has to do with how they will get activated (automatically or by request)  once they are in place.

Roelof Meijer (ccNSO): (15:28) The way I understand (and understood in Singapore) is that untriggered is process, procedures, expected regular happenings (approving budget as an example). Triggered indicates an incident, something unplanned, unexpected (e.g. action against board inaction)

Greg Shatan: (15:28) Triggered rights require a bad thing to happen first, so that right can be invoked in response.

matthew shears: (15:28) + 1 Roelof and Greg

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (15:29) exactly Greg. NONE of this is about how these will be put in place but how they will be used.

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (15:29) we can all just figure out what work goes with which group.

matthew shears: (15:29) non-triggered is process driven; triggered event driven

Greg Shatan: (15:30) We are all in violent agreement with one another.

Jordan Carter: (15:30) Yes, I'm going to call this speaking list closed

Keith Drazek: (15:40) Triggered and Non-Triggered are only relevant for dividing up our work. As long as everything is being addressed and consolidated into a final proposal, it will be ok.

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (15:41) +1

Alice Jansen: (15:43) Link to template - https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/50823981/Accountability%20Mechanism%20Template.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1424180237000&api=v2

arasteh: (15:44) BEFORE INCLUSION OF aOC into Bylaws, we need to eaxmine the relevance of all provisions of AoC after tramnsition

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (15:45) good point but my guess is that a lot of that is obvious and would easily be accomplished as part of a drafting effort

Keith Drazek: (15:46) +1 Kavouss, we need to only import the key and relevant portions of the AoC rather than just copy/pasting the exact language. It will be part of the process of drafting the updated bylaws language.

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (15:47) My guess is that 95% of that will just come out of drafting and leave only 5% for  discussion

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (15:52) +1 Jordan

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (15:52) the "mechanism" is what we're pursuing with counsel, right?

Jordan Carter: (15:52) Jonathan: yes

Jordan Carter: (15:53) along with the legality of various things we might want to have the community able to do

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (15:53) and templates are dynamic things that expand and contract as the work begins

Keith Drazek: (15:53) Jordan, are you looking for a volunteer (or volunteers) to help with the bylaws redline to incorporate the AoC and ATRT reviews? I will put my hand up to volunteer to help that effort.

Jordan Carter: (15:54) The volunteers at this point are looking for the completion of the templates

Keith Drazek: (15:56) I support the work plan as discussed today.

Roelof Meijer (ccNSO): (15:56) Where I am getting confused is that in our document "Scopes, Powers and Mechanisms Working Paper", Page 2 and 3 (see titel page 2) list the "Powers for the Community" and page 4 and 5 the Machanisms (see titel page 4). We seem to be using "mechanisms" in a different context than on page 4 and 5

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (15:57) sounds like a good plan

matthew shears: (15:57) agree

Greg Shatan: (15:58) May have been eaten by a sheep.

Brenda Brewer: (15:58) one moment please while Jordan reconnect on AC

matthew shears: (15:58) Greg you are funny

Steve DelBianco: (15:59) Hear they have sheep even in the wainscotting down there

Brenda Brewer: (16:01) Jordan is having difficulty rejoining.  Please stand by.

Steve DelBianco: (16:01) I'm thinking about volunteering to draft 2A,B,C, and E

Fiona Asonga(ASO): (16:01) I am happy to work on the AoC and related reviews

Keith Drazek: (16:02) that was Tijani I believe

Jordan Carter: (16:02) hi all, made it back

Keith Drazek: (16:03) I'll volunteer for some drafting as well

matthew shears: (16:03) happy to contribute to 2A,B,C,D, E

Fiona Asonga(ASO): (16:03) Thanks Mathew will work with you

Fiona Asonga(ASO): (16:04) I mean 2 ABCDE

Keith Drazek: (16:04) Plug me in to wherever you need someone.

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (16:05) put me down as an editor

Keith Drazek: (16:05) I can do that Jordan.

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (16:05) oh, no hand of power, that makes "editing" less interesting...

Keith Drazek: (16:05) I can take 5a

Keith Drazek: (16:05) and 5b

matthew shears: (16:06) i can help on 5a

Keith Drazek: (16:07) Great thanks Matthew

Keith Drazek: (16:07) Jordan, we can hear you.

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (16:07) we hear you

Alice Jansen: (16:07) Hi Jordan, we can hear you - would you like us to dial out to you?

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (16:07) steve has his hand up

matthew shears: (16:10) I think that makes sense Steve - our job is to embed it 

Fiona Asonga(ASO): (16:10) Steve, I did attempt to use the template and have sent out a draft 0

Fiona Asonga(ASO): (16:10) to jordan

arasteh: (16:11) I WILL BE IN 2ABC

Steve DelBianco: (16:11) Fiona -- glad you already started on that.  Could you please send to Mathhew, and I and we'll try and contribute

Fiona Asonga(ASO): (16:11) I agree with part of Steve's remarks coz there is a point at which I got stranded

Fiona Asonga(ASO): (16:11) Let me do so immediately

Grace Abuhamad: (16:12) Staff can also assist with Google Docs if needed

Grace Abuhamad: (16:12) (I used to do tutorials on the whole Google suite)

arasteh: (16:12) KAVOUSS ON 5B-2

arasteh: (16:13) KAVOUSS ALSO ON 2E

Steve DelBianco: (16:13) I could help with 4A as well

Grace Abuhamad: (16:15) If anyone needs a Wiki account, please contact me

Grace Abuhamad: (16:16) Yes, and we can circulate it

Roelof Meijer (ccNSO): (16:16) I am fine with the scope doc

arasteh: (16:17) GRACE WHERE CAN IFIND WORK PLAN ON WIKI?

Alice Jansen: (16:18) Kavouss, WP 1 drafts are available here - https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/WP1+Draft+Documents

Steve DelBianco: (16:19) Jordan -- please repeat your last question

Keith Drazek: (16:19) thanks to Jordan for coordinating this work party

Alice Jansen: (16:19) Google doc created for accountability mechanism template https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kAUMjLIX4srYvlxn2naD_P7qXoL7H77y8F_-trZJePw/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs

Roelof Meijer (ccNSO): (16:19) have we lost Jordan again?

Jordan Carter: (16:19) I seem to be able to type but not to talk?

matthew shears: (16:19) I think we're good

Jordan Carter: (16:20) I was just saying that if there are any other items of business, please raise them

Jordan Carter: (16:20) otherwise let's close the call and thank you to everyone for participating

Steve DelBianco: (16:20) I think we're don

Jordan Carter: (16:20) (and I will make sure I have reliable Internet next time)

arasteh: (16:20) Arequest to Grace

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (16:20) thank you

Fiona Asonga(ASO): (16:20) Thank you too Jordan and All

matthew shears: (16:20) Audio is definitely dodgy

matthew shears: (16:20) yes, thanks!

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (16:21) thanks, all

arasteh: (16:21) Is it posible to send in an e.-mail the full list of all wiki that I could save somewhere to be able to retrieve them

arasteh: (16:21) Tks

Jordan Carter: (16:21) thanks everyone

Izumi Okutani (ASO): (16:21) thanks bye all!

Roelof Meijer (ccNSO): (16:21) Call's closed, bye all!

Grace Abuhamad: (16:21) Yes @Kavouss

Grace Abuhamad: (16:21) Will do

arasteh: (16:21) bye good time

• No labels