Date: 11 August 2014 (13:00 - 14:00 UTC)

Attendees

Members: Tijani Ben Jemaa; Becky Burr; Avri Doria; Stephanie Duchesneau; Chuck Gomes; Julie Hammer; Byron Holland; Alan MacGillvray; Jonathan Robinson; Leon Sanchez. 

Staff: Grace Abuhamad; Alice Jansen.

Meeting Notes and Action Items

Meeting Notes / Action Items 11/4:

Draft Charter (live edits and review of open items)

• Section I: no edits

• Section II: Approved Julie's suggestion for rewording based on ICG charter
    • Action: Byron to wordsmith text regarding scope of CWG work ("For greater clarity...") and include examples such as revocation and redelegation. 
    • Action: Julie to wordsmith sentence in Goals & Objectives regarding use of word "variants"
  • Section III: Work plan may be too detailed but reaching out should start sooner rather than later. 

• Action: Drafting Team (all) to start working now with respective communities to start getting people involved outside of the ICANN community, as well as reaching out to outside groups like ISOC. 

• Section IV: Decision to keep membership parameters (min. 2; max. 5) with agreement that more numbers does not suggest more influence since there will be no formal voting. With regard to resourcing, DT agrees to have co-chairs communicate output, including resourcing requests, to ICANN senior staff. 

• Action: Stephanie to wordsmith reference to Section V regarding voting vs. polling. 
    • Action: Co-chairs (Jonathan and Byron) to communicate formally the output of the DT, including resourcing, to ICANN senior staff. 
    • Action: Allan to wordsmith section on resourcing for inclusion in co-chairs' formal communication. 
  • Section V: approved edits suggested pre-call. None suggested during call. 
  • Section VI: no edits

Deadlines

• Aim to submit charter to all SO/ACs by 13 August at the latest for consideration. 
  • All edits and wordsmithing (see Actions for Byron, Julie, Stephanie, and Allan) due by 23:59 UTC on 11 August. 
  • Action: Grace to send out updated redline by 01:00 UTC on 12 August. 
  • Final sign-off by 23:59 UTC on 12 August

Recording

The recording for today's call is available here: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p3kda36gdpz/

Chat Transcript

Jonathan Robinson:Hello all. Dialling in now.

Julie Hammer:Top of the hour for me too

Byron Holland (ccNSO):Agreed, it is top of the hour

Leon Sanchez:hello everybody

Avri Doria:sounds like we shuld finish today. and make the decsion to send it on.

Julie Hammer:Avri, that would be great if we could!

Byron Holland (ccNSO):If we dont, we would likely need another call by Wednesday

Byron Holland (ccNSO):But, lets assume we are going to get it done today!

Avri Doria:Byron, now that is incentive to finish today!

Avri Doria:Sounds like a good chapeau stmt.  

Julie Hammer:That sounds good.

Byron Holland (ccNSO):Something like “For greater certainty, issues related to naming policy e.g. delegation, redelegation or revocation of ccTLDs, RAA related policy issues etc. are not within the scope of the CWG.”  

Byron Holland (ccNSO):Agree with Avri

Byron Holland (ccNSO):Will do - thanks

Julie Hammer:Happy with this suggestion but don't think anything additional needs to be included in the charter now

Avri Doria:i agree with both Chuck and Julie, as i did on the list.

Chuck Gomes:I am okay with not having it in the charter or simply communicating that steps have been initiated.

Leon Sanchez:different options?

Byron Holland (ccNSO):"Options" works for me

Byron Holland (ccNSO):Good catch Julie

Julie Hammer:Options works for me too.

Julie Hammer:Agree with Byron on this

Byron Holland (ccNSO):OK - we can give guidance but not be absolute

Julie Hammer:Sounds fine

Avri Doria:there is budgeting to consider

Byron Holland (ccNSO):Agreed

Allan MacGillivray:I can do the drafting on resouircing

Avri Doria:for some people numbers are an on-principle thing.  i agree no voting.

Julie Hammer:Also agree no voting

Byron Holland (ccNSO):Agree - no voting.  Polling is of value, but that is it

Chuck Gomes:Informal polling is fine.

Julie Hammer:Good point...so 7 is more challenging than 5 for GAC?

Chuck Gomes:Do we need a minimum of 2?  That is desirable so there is backup but what if  a group cannot get 2 volunteers.

Byron Holland (ccNSO):yes, that is what i was referring too.  Works for me re text on polling

Avri Doria:test: ....voting for decsion making, but infomral polling may be used as long as it is  used as an indicator, but not as part of the decsion making process. see sction ...

Julie Hammer:Tijani, Marika has already corrected this

Stephanie Duchesneau (RySG):i can take that

Grace Abuhamad (Guest):Of course. I can send a new redline right after this call.

Julie Hammer:I will do mine immediately after this call

Stephanie Duchesneau (RySG):okay by me

Allan MacGillivray:I can do that as well.

Byron Holland (ccNSO):Thank you

Julie Hammer:Is staff going to produce the red-line version?

Avri Doria:Sounds to me like we are coming out of this meeting with provisional agreement on the latest plus the agreed upon changes.

Chuck Gomes:Good work everyone.

Byron Holland (ccNSO):Action item...spell my name correctly:=)

Byron Holland (ccNSO):No worries...I 've been called worse

Grace Abuhamad:Thank you :)

Byron Holland (ccNSO):Good work Jonathan!  THanks all

Julie Hammer:Thanks everyone!

Stephanie Duchesneau (RySG):thanks jonathan, thanks all!

Allan MacGillivray:Good by

Leon Sanchez:thanks everyone

• No labels