Date: 28 July 2014 (13:00 - 14:00 UTC)

Attendees

Members: James Bladel; Becky Burr; Avri Doria; Stephanie Duchesneau; Chuck Gomes; Julie Hammer; Byron Holland; Alan MacGillvray; Dan Reed; Jonathan Robinson; Leon Sanchez. 

StaffGrace Abuhamad; Bart Boswinkel; Alice Jansen.

Meeting Notes and Action Items

Meeting Notes / Action Items 28/7:

• Meeting notes from 21/7 accepted 
  • Byron reached out to GAC chair with reminder and re-invitation to join CWG. Action: Follow up next week for further suggestion regarding GAC participation in CWG
  • Add to agenda for meeting: resourcing; Root Zone maintainer; public consultation.
    • Resourcing was not discussed: defer for 4 August
    • Public Consultation – partly addressed in Timeline overview (Item 4 on the agenda)

Timeline 

• Who will forewarn SSAC, and other groups, to allow pre-consideration — Action: Pre-warning by members and formal documentation by chairs of the convening SOs (Byron and Jonathan) to invite the SOs and ACs as well. Rationale: documentation of process.
  • Linking to Accountability process: to date the timeline and activities of the Accountability Process are not defined enough in detail to map them against the IANA Stewardship Transition Process. Action: Staff to evolve timeline with Accountability process when that information becomes available. Action: Share timelines with staff (Bart).

Discussion draft charter

• Comment 1: General agreement of attendees that goal is that WG will deliver a single proposal, while recognizing more then one could evolve, with aim to get to one proposal through iterative process. Action: Wordsmith language – volunteers for capturing language on "single proposal": Julie, Leon, and Allan
  • Highlighted phrase to .INT deleted
  • Language on Root Zone Maintaining process: re-focus on role of NTIA in Root Zone maintainer process. Action: Avri and Chuck to propose language to the group. Group aware of Chuck’s role and no objection.
  • Relation with Accountability Process: Avri's comment related to ICG language acceptable to all and will be included.
  • Start with Section III next week (4 August).

Recording

The recording for today's call is available here: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p59owyfb7ll/

Chat Transcript

Leon Sanchez:hello everyone

Grace Abuhamad:Welcome everyone! Jonathan is running a bit late. We'll start when he and others are able to join.

Grace Abuhamad:The meeting minutes from last week's call are available here: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=48347781

Grace Abuhamad:I'm starting the recording

Jonathan Robinson:Koin

Jonathan Robinson:Joined

Jonathan Robinson:Dialing in asap.  Got audio via Adobe

Bladel:Getting them engaged in this group is critical to the overall process, IMO.

Julie Hammer:I will communicate to SSAC, and already have.

Avri Doria:i have been circulating drafts in the NCSG already

Avri Doria:i know it is only part of the GNSO, but nonetheless wanted to include their input as early as possible.

Julie Hammer:Happy for both to happen

Jonathan Robinson:I am OK with that

Leon Sanchez:I am ok with that too

Dan Reed:Frequent, informal communication is best

Leon Sanchez:That is a great point raise by Chuck

Avri Doria:it should be on here once it is avaialble

Bladel:Apologies, but I have to drop for a conflicting meeting.

Leon Sanchez:I see it well

Julie Hammer:I have lost audio from the adobe

Julie Hammer:back again

Leon Sanchez:could we say something like "produce a consolidated proposal"?

Byron Holland (ccNSO):Julie you are cutting in and out

Leon Sanchez:that way we are able to have a single proposal that addresses all concerns as far as I can see

Julie Hammer:Yes, the last time I spoke, I don't think I was coming through

Julie Hammer:I was wondering whether some of the alternative aspects might be covered by the procedures for recording consensus

Julie Hammer:Lost audio again

Chuck Gomes:Avri asked a good question:  who is going to deal with .int?

Chuck Gomes:Should we flag this for the .int?

Chuck Gomes:Should we flag it for ICG?

Leon Sanchez:I agree with Avri

Chuck Gomes:Should we ask for GAC input on .int?

Avri Doria:park and may Chuahc and I can recommend language

Avri Doria:chuck not chuahc

Avri Doria:maybe me and chuck

Chuck Gomes:I am happy to work with Avri if others do not mind me being involved on this issue.

Julie Hammer:Lost audio again

Leon Sanchez:I'm in

Julie Hammer:I volunteer

Allan MacGillivray:OK

Julie Hammer:??Connectivity keeps going in and out

Leon Sanchez:thanks everybody

Chuck Gomes:Thanks Byron.

Leon Sanchez:have a great day

Julie Hammer:Thanks,

Grace Abuhamad:Thank you all. See you next week.

Byron Holland (ccNSO):Thanks all

Bart Boswinkel:Bye all

• No labels