Date: 14 July 2014 (13:00-14:00 UTC)

Attendees: 

Members: 

James Bladel; Becky BurrAvri Doria; Stephanie Duchesneau; Chuck Gomes; Julie Hammer; Byron Holland; Alan MacGillvray; Jonathan Robinson; Leon Sanchez. 

StaffGrace Abuhamad; Bart Boswinkel; Alice Jansen; Marika Konings; Theresa Swinehart.

Meeting Notes/ Action Items

Jonathan to reach out to CSG to confirm representative

Objective of the DT

• Initial draft of charter was developed prior to establishment of coordination committee as well as work being undertaken by the parameter and protocol groups - this needs to be considered in the context of the reviewing / revising the draft
  • Coordination committee set up to manage / oversee the development of proposals - actual proposal development takes place at community level, such as in the foreseen CWG
  • Some groups may also want to provide input through different mechanisms, in addition to the CWG
  • Community members on coordination committee will determine how input is received / managed so through that mechanism the different groups involved will be able to determine how input is managed / gathered / provided

Draft Charter

• Start new draft, reflecting current reality. Focus on naming side of IANA functions as numbers and protocols side are already being addressed separately.
  • Check whether protocol / number groups have a charter that may serve as a model / starting point
  • Need to focus on setting out the work of the CWG, not actually do the work
  • Charter should ideally articulate that a concrete output should be produced such as a proposal for transition - which would then need to be approved by each of the participating organizations prior to submission to the coordination committee. However, recommendations for partial (provisional or incomplete) solutions may also need to be allowed (along the way) - so this should not be precluded. Charter would also need to be clear what happens with recommendations that are only adopted by one/some but not all of the participating organizations - can these be put forward (on individual title of SO/AC), or not? 
  • Include heading on relationship with coordination committee in proposed charter
  • Enable requests / questions from coordination committee - consider inviting reps on the coordination committee to participate in CWG
  • Review which items from charter can be re-used such as administrative sections

Next Steps

• Who holds pen?
  • Next meeting (how frequently, when) - proposal is to meet weekly (same slot - Mondays at 13.00 UTC)
  • Objective to have charter agreed so that CWG could have its first meeting in LA during the next ICANN meeting or even sooner, if possible. Aim to finalize charter within next 30 days to be able to put forward at least a draft to the different SO/ACs to start initiating process to adopt charter and form WG.
  • Staff to develop draft timetable for next steps (factor in approval by chartering organizations). Also factor in any coordination committee milestone dates, if/when available.
  • Staff to prepare charter template - provide headings for main sections, including some of the sections from the draft template that may still be relevant (mission, scope, membership, etc.)
  • Next meeting scheduled for Monday 21 July at 13.00 UTC.

Recording

The recording for today's call is available here: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p6zq2mwhldp/

Chat Transcript

Marika Konings: Welcome to the DT meeting of 14 July 2014

Alice Jansen:Listening in.

Leon Sanchez:Hello everyone, apologies for joining late

Leon Sanchez:Thanks

Avri Doria:i will check on the IETF side.  i think there may be a WG forming, but need to confirm.

Becky Burr (.us):I have to drop off for a bit, but note that I have sent around some documents that attempt to capture the full range of IANA functions reflected in the DOC contract.

Avri Doria:there are so many lists to monitor.

Byron Holland:Thanks Becky, those will be helpful in framing our draft

Marika Konings:Would it be helpful if we create a wiki page so we can post all these documents for easy reference and review?

Chuck Gomes:Sorry for joinging late.

Chuck Gomes:I am not clear on what Avri disagreed with.

Chuck Gomes:Avri:  Do you agree that proposed solution(s) should be sent back to SOs for approval?

Avri Doria:could be either

Avri Doria:perhaps the reps should be invited to be members of the WWWG

Avri Doria:reps ==  CG reps from our various groups

Avri Doria:WWWG should be CCWG

Bart Boswinkel:Could we use basic rules from the ccWG charter on ccWGs?

Avri Doria:one of our goals should be to finish this stage ass quickly as possible so the group can start working.

Avri Doria:same weekly for as few weeks as possible

Julie Hammer:Is LA soon enough to kick off the CCWG?

Avri Doria:Julie yes, and late enough too.

Byron Holland:Agree with Avri "same weekly for as few weeks as possible"

Avri Doria:tom make it work we need a draft by next meeting to start working through.  is there a current best case charter recommendation to startt from

Bladel:Its fairly early, but I'll make it work. :)

Bladel:Same for Chuck, I presume.

Avri Doria:really early for Chuck

Marika Konings:We could prepare a charter template based on recent efforts and take some of the admin sections from the draft charter if that would be helpful?

Avri Doria:yes to the full trnasparency package,  no reason for any opacity on this.

Byron Holland:Yes Marika, that would be helpful

Avri Doria:transcript can be useful to capture draft changes to move the work along quickly

Marika Konings:Happy to do so!

Avri Doria:"point of discussion"  on membership, what a marvvelous understatement

Byron Holland:Will do

Avri Doria:i like the formula that is developng of 2 minimum from each particpating SOAC and amax of 6 with observers.

Stephanie Duchesneau:thanks!

Leon Sanchez:thanks everybody

Leon Sanchez:bye

• No labels