As a result of a new Confluence feature, I was able to simplify the instructions so that the steps are easier to follow and, hopefully, less prone to error. 

In particular, the user can now enter his/her name on the Instructions page, which will then automatically invoke the proper template and create a blank SOI in the proper location. From there, the page form can be completed using the <Edit Contents> menu option. 

This new approach has eliminated three steps in the previous instructions. 

Ken Bour
ICANN Consultant 

• No labels

2 Comments

1. The instructions for uploading a photo are incorrect in two places (at least in my experience today.  They are marked below in all caps and bold in the first bullet point (#2) and the last bullet point.  Also a suggestion in first bullet point, #4.  Finally, you should be able to copy over your profile/confluence photo, rather than uploading again.

First, you will be uploading an image file (e.g., *.jpg, *.png) to your SOI Page.

1. On the top menu bar, click Tools, then Attachments.
      2. In the next window, click <Choose File> SHOULD SAY <Browse> to locate an appropriate image file from your local computer.
      3. Click <Attach> which will upload the image file to your page.
      4. IMPORTANT: Please write down, COPY or memorize the exact name of the file. You will need it in the next step.
    • Return to your SOI Page which should be listed above.
    • Now click <Edit> on the top menu bar which is OK for this one step.
    • In the second block (#2), replace the contents between the two "!" with your file name, but do not remove the "|width=200px" parameter. Example:

!my-name.jpg|width=150px!
    • Click <Preview> at the top SHOULD SAY BOTTOM of the page to see if the image appears correct. If you are satisfied, click <Save>. (Note: If this process is not working properly or you are having difficulties, please contact your GNSO Staff for help.)

2. Ken Bour AUTHOR

Thanks Greg, but I am not able to replicate your first finding: 

1. On the top menu bar, click Tools, then Attachments.
    2. In the next window, click <Choose File> SHOULD SAY <Browse> to locate an appropriate image file from your local computer.

When I click on Tools, Attachments, I see this screen: 

With respect to your second correction, I agree that it should read, "below" and I have now fixed it. 

Thanks for reading the instructions and helping me improve them! (smile) 

Ken

For comments, suggestions, or technical support concerning this space, please email: ICANN Policy Department
© 2015 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers