Julia Charvolen:Welcome to the ICANN Academy Working Group call on Tuesday 02 April 2013  at 2000 UTC
  Avri Doria:will there be sound for thins meeting.  i thought i was 45 minutes late, instead of 15 early.  my clock is messed up.
  Avri Doria:yeah, there is sound
  Julia Charvolen:Yes there is :)
  Oksana Prykhodko:Hi, everybody!
  Heidi Ullrich:Welcome!
  Sandra Hoferichter:Hi all!
  Yaovi Atohoun:hi Sandra
  Yaovi Atohoun:Hi all
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello all
  Glenn McKnight:Hi
  Glenn McKnight:No  sound
  Heidi Ullrich:Can you hear Sandra speaking ?
  Yaovi Atohoun:Is she still speaking?
  Heidi Ullrich:No
  Heidi Ullrich:She will start in a moment
  Yaovi Atohoun:OK. Thanks
  Glenn McKnight 2:don't hear anything
  Oksana Prykhodko:yes
  Yaovi Atohoun:I can hear but maybe Sandra needs to adjust the position of the mic
  Yaovi Atohoun:better
  Silvia Vivanco:much better!
  Heidi Ullrich:Are all of you able to scroll?
  Yaovi Atohoun:Yes please
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:now ok to scroll
  Julia Charvolen:Wolf Ludwig joined the phone bridge
  Silvia Vivanco:yes Yaovi
  Liz Sweezey:The call seems to be breaking up.  Is anyone else experiencing this?
  Yaovi Atohoun:OK  @Sandra
  Heidi Ullrich:@Liz, are you able to hear Sandra?
  Liz Sweezey:thank you heidi, yes.
  Heidi Ullrich:Glad to hear !
  Oksana Prykhodko:may be it will have sense to provide more details on all these activities
  Ju:Good Afternoon to all
  Ju:Im Juan Manuel Rojas
  Glenn McKnight:rebooting my computer,  I can't hear anything
  Wolf Ludwig:Yes, we hear you clearly -- and are IK with what you are saying. Otherwise we will object! :-)
  Glenn McKnight:I got  sound,  Huray
  Glenn McKnight:Alot of learning happens informally and  through  caring and considerate mentors to help newcomers and existing members stay engaged and be productive
  Oksana Prykhodko:Glenn +1
  Glenn McKnight:I dont recall seeing any  Livestream  broadcasting
  Glenn McKnight:Are we looking are  refresher  courses  to update or refresh  a person;s knowledge
  Heidi Ullrich:Did "all leaders" refer to new leaders or also existing "leaders"
  Glenn McKnight:In Canada Real Estate Agents, Accountants  and others  get a  Educational Passport where they can do courses online, webinar or in lecture  providing choice.  Critical here is the range of courses that  are applicable to the individual rather than a global educational program.  Each individual should have a individualized study program and courses.  Many course need to be  compulsory and a series of pillars should be created
  Glenn McKnight:Each learner over time would accumulate the  ICANN  Credits  for each course completed.  I think some type of incentive needs to be built into the  model
  Glenn McKnight:My comments are ramblings
  Wolf Ludwig:I thought we are talking about *leaderships* training from the beginning -- and not collecting "credits" ?
  Glenn McKnight:The  expectations  variy from the learner vs  the  training needs
  Glenn McKnight:My point on credits  is Leadership Training courses  completed are part of  a  Training Roadmap.  Each course gives credit to the learner
  Glenn McKnight:A clear path should be made
  Wolf Ludwig:Or the difference between *consumption* and/or *participation*?
  Glenn McKnight:True
  Heidi Ullrich:Current Agenda:
  Heidi Ullrich:Agenda:    Review of the ICANN Academy Survey (Moderator: Sandra Hoferichter) (10 mins)    ICANN Online Education Platform and the role of the ICANN Academy WG - Open Discussion with Matthew Shears (25 mins)    Next Steps to be undertaken between Beijing, Durban and Buenos Aires (Moderator: Sandra Hoferichter) (25 mins)
  Heidi Ullrich:Monday, 8 April 2013Academy Working Group SessionTime: 15:00-16:00Meeting Room: Function Room 6
  Glenn McKnight:Hard to make any assumptions  since it's a small survey group
  Oksana Prykhodko:Sandra, you asked for volunteer help. What help do you need?
  Wolf Ludwig:Assumptions is one thing, Glenn, having clear goals for a project another important point.
  Glenn McKnight:Don't forget the  Educational  Moodle
  Glenn McKnight:Any training module should have  a clear scope, objectives, learning outcomes and methodology
  Glenn McKnight:My general comments  in the chat
  Wolf Ludwig:And I think this was precisely described in the first project outline ...
  Glenn McKnight:no  mic
  Glenn McKnight:Sorry  I would love to,  but  I will be at the meetings  in Beijing
  Ron Sherwood:Thank you Sandra
  Oksana Prykhodko:thank you, b ye, have a safe trip!
  • No labels