You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

Version 1 Current »

AI: Staff will send out the voting credentials for the vote on the ALS Application from ISOC Liberia shortly after today's call.

AI: Inform Kevin Wilson that ALAC would like feedback on their input to the Strategic Plan 2010-2013.

AI: Cheryl will submit an application for the AOC Review Team.

AI: Evan will send out email to the discussion lists to raise the issue of transparency in the ABSC. ALAC members should not be part of the ABSC.

AI: EURALO and AFRALO should present new candidates to replace the ALAC members in the ABSC within the next 72 hours. There will then be a three day discussion on the candidates followed by an ALAC decision.

AI: Tijani will follow up with Adam with regards to the AFRALO outreach activities in Nairobi.

I don't remember "ALAC members should not be part of the ABSC." being quite so definite. Perhaps "It was suggested that ALAC members should not be part of the ABSC. Each RALO to make its own decision."

contributed by ajp@glocom.ac.jp on 2010-02-24 06:53:11 GMT

Correct. That was a STRONG opinion of Evan, but not an ALAC decision. I do recall, however, that you (Adam) indicated that you might potentially resign because of the (in some minds) poor optics of having the ALAC involved.

I personally think that have SOME ALAC involvement would be a good thing, and in particular, your experience on the NomCom would be invaluable.

contributed by alan.greenberg@mcgill.ca on 2010-02-27 20:46:37 GMT

• No labels