- Category: ICANN Structures
- Topic: Technical Relations Working Group Charter
- Board meeting date: 21 April 2011
- Resolution number: 2011.04.21.12
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-21apr11-en.htm#4
- Status: Ongoing
Board approves the Charter recommended by the Structural Improvements Committee for the Board Technical Relations Working Group.
Whereas, on 18 March 2011, the Board resolved to receive the Final Report of the TLG Review and to establish a Board Technical Relations WG, while directing the Structural Improvements Committee (SIC) to develop a Charter for this WG "based upon the report of the TLG review, comments to that review and any other available information, for consideration at the Board meeting of 21 April 2011", at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-18mar11-en.htm#7.
Whereas, the SIC has developed a proposed Charter for the BTR WG.
Whereas, the SIC, at its 11 April 2011 meeting, unanimously agreed to recommending the proposed BTR WG Charter for adoption by the Board.
RESOLVED (2011.04.21.12), the Board approves the BTR WG Charter proposed by the SIC subject to final adjustment of the Charter to include a step for further review and instructs the SIC, in coordination with staff, to support and follow the work of the WG.
- Adjust the Charter
- Responsible entity: SIC
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: April 2011
- Support and follow the work of the BTR WG
- Responsible entity: SIC, in coordination with Staff
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: Ongoing
The proposed action is in direct response to a request from the Board and serves to advance the handling of the TLG review outcome in line with the direction set forth by the Board. While community input was not sought nor necessary for the drafting of this Charter, the WG is expected to consult with the community as it reaches its recommendations. The functioning of the BTR WG will require some support from existing staff and certain limited expenditures. There is no reason to delay this action as it would have very marginal budgetary consequences. This action will not have any input on the security or stability of the DNS.
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolutions 2011.03.18.28-2011.03.18.31, TLG Review - Actions Based on Independent Reviewer's Final Report, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-18mar11-en.htm#7.
- Resolution 2011.04.21.05, From the BGC – Approval of Members of Board Technical Relations Working Group, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-21apr11-en.htm#2.5.
- Resolution 2011.10.28.10, Technical Relations Working Group Final Report, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-28oct11-en.htm#1.7.
- Other resolutions TBD.
- The review of the TLG arises out of ICANN's Organizational Review process, and can be tracked at http://www.icann.org/en/reviews/
- Board Technical Relations Working Group Charter available at: http://www.icann.org/en/reviews/tlg/proposed-btr-charter-05aug11-en.pdf.
- Board Technical Relations Working Group (BTRWG) website available at: http://www.icann.org/en/committees/technical-relations/.
- Minutes from Structural Improvements Committee 11 April 2011 meeting available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-bsic-11apr11-en.htm.
- BTRWG Final Report available at: http://www.icann.org/en/reviews/tlg/board-technical-relations-wg-final-report-22aug11-en.pdf.
- Public comment period for BTRWG Final Report will close on 30 December 2011.
- Background information and public comment box for BTRWG Final Report available at: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-16nov11-en.htm.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.
Note: The "Add Comment" box below is for sharing information about implementation of this resolution. Off-topic comments will be removed.