• ACTION ITEMS and SUMMARY MINUTES - PC Meeting 27 February 2012
  • 1. Welcome and Adoption of the Agenda and Addendums (Sandra) - 3 min
  • 2. Roll call (Staff) - 2 min
  • 3. Adoption of the invitation letter (send around by email) (Sandra, all) – 7 min
  • SH: Sala has raised the issues of "newbies." Carlos' idea for newcommers is a good solution. NAIO - Newly Appointed ICANN Officer - proposed acronym.
  • AD: There may be an issue with saying that ICANN's structure is the most advanced. At best, we should say that it is highly developed.
  • SH: I agree, but we need to have group consensus.  
  • AD: I suggest that Tijani make the edits to ensure that we are using proper English, however I can do it if necessary.
  • OCL: I am ready to send this letter out ASAP - ideally within the next few hours. 
  • TBJ: In general the doucment looks very good, but there may be some syntax issues. 
  • 5. Planning for the Webinar (presentation send around by email and shown in the AC room) (Sandra, all) - 20 min
  • SH: I am opent o changing the title of the presenattion should anyone have a better title. 
  • CA: We need to be sure of which version of English we are using - American spelling or UK spelling
  •  TBJ: The "Format of the Academy" may be a better title for the slide on p. 8. 
  • SH: I agree
  • TBJ: Can someone please define "moodle"
  • AD: It is not a word, it is a service - http://moodle.org/ - "A free, open-source PHP web application for producing modular internet-based courses that support a modern social constructionist pedagogy. ...."
  • OCL: I believe we should change the totle of Slide 11 from "Outlook" to "Next Steps". 
  • SH: I agree. 
  • AI: Staff are to remove the presentation and curriculum from the wiki until they are finalized - completed
  • 6. Update 43rd ICANN Meeting in Costa Rica (Olivier, Sandra) – 10 min
  • HU: The At-Large Session on the At-Large Academy - as of right now - will be Sunday early afternoon/late morning
  • OCL: Sala - development of an At-Large Capacity Buidling Program - you will be the lead on this issue. 
  • OCL: There is also the PPC - do we wish to use the same slides for the PPC? Sandra, as the Chair of this WG, what do you think?
  • Sandra: I think this may be a good idea. 
  • No labels