- Category: ICANN Structures
- Topic: President's Strategy Committee's final report
- Board meeting date: 30 March 2007
- Resolution number: 07.20
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-30mar07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board recognizes the President’s Strategy Committee Recommendations and requests that the Committee provide further detail.
Whereas, ICANN's mission is to coordinate, at the overall level, the global Internet's systems of unique identifiers, and in particular to ensure the stable and secure operation of the Internet's unique identifier systems.
Whereas, the ICANN Board noted in 2005 that the ICANN community could benefit from the advice of a group responsible for making observations and recommendations concerning strategic issues facing ICANN, and resolved in 2005 to direct the President to appoint the President’s Strategy Committee;
Whereas, the President’s Strategy Committee conducted its work and consulted with the community on input to its proposed Recommendations;
Whereas, the President’s Strategy Committee Recommendations addressing ICANN’s status and continued improved responsiveness to an evolving global environment; contributing to capacity development; and participation and role of stakeholders have been presented to the ICANN Board and community;
Resolved (07.20), to recognize the President’s Strategy Committee Recommendations and request that the Committee provide further detail on aspects arising from the recommendations and conduct in consultation with the community an evaluation and analysis of their implementation and related implications.
- Provide further detail in report.
- Responsible Party: President's Strategy Committee
- Due date: None specified
- Completion date: 26 June 2008
Other Related Resolutions
- Board directed the President to appoint a President's Strategy Committee to give advice to the Board, as recorded in the Minutes of the 4 December 2005 Board Meeting, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-04dec05.htm
- Board authorized travel support for President's Strategy Committee members who are also Board members, as recorded in the Minutes of the 1 October 2008, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-01oct08.htm
- Board accepted President's Strategy Committee's report and directed ICANN staff to undertake the the public consultation recommended in the action plan, as recorded in the Resolutions of the 26 June 2008 Board Meeting, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-26jun08.htm
- The Improving Institutional Confidence Report was received by the Board in March 2009, at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-06mar09.htm#16
- The Board resolved to act on items arising from the Report and to post proposed Bylaws mechanisms for public comment, at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-26jun09.htm
- Other resolutions TBD.
- The text of the papers submitted as the Committee's report are available at: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-16jun08-en.htm.
- More information about the report, including public comments, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/jpa/iic/
- President's Strategy Committee releases draft recommendations for community consideration, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-30nov06.htm.
- Information about the Improving Institutional Confidence report, including public comments, is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/jpa/iic/, and general information about the President's Strategy Committee is available athttp://www.icann.org/en/psc/.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.