Attendees: 

Members:  Becky Burr, David McAuley, Greg Shatan, Kavouss Arasteh, Kristina Rosette, Malcolm Hutty, Sam Eisner, Susan Payne

Guests/Observers: Liz Le

ICANN Org: Bernard Turcotte, Brenda Brewer

Apologies: Flip Petillion

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to brenda.brewer@icann.org **

Agenda:

1. Review agenda and updates to SOIs

2. Action items: 

3. Finalise proposed text of rule 7

4. Review updated proposed text of rule 3 (see attached redline against current rules – new changes are highlighted) with a view to finalising

5. Next steps on public comment

6. Next call 19 September 1800 UTC 

7. AOB

Transcript: PDF

Recordings: 

Documents: 

Zoom Chat Transcript:  

12:59:56 From Susan Payne To Everyone: hi Liz, we're just waiting for folks to join
13:00:08 From Liz Le - ICANN Org To Everyone: Hi Susan.  Sounds good.
13:07:56 From David McAuley (Verisign) To Everyone: mine did not show changes
13:08:02 From Kristina Rosette To Everyone: I didn't see any redline changes.
13:09:13 From David McAuley (Verisign) To Everyone: google docs remains a challenge at times
13:10:43 From David McAuley (Verisign) To Everyone: sounds good though - we can still press on
13:13:19 From David McAuley (Verisign) To Everyone: first instead of dominant
13:23:52 From David McAuley (Verisign) To Everyone: can we move to 19 Brenda
13:24:46 From David McAuley (Verisign) To Everyone: Thanks
13:36:52 From David McAuley (Verisign) To Everyone: Thank you for the drafting, Susan
13:42:37 From David McAuley (Verisign) To Everyone: I agree w Susan, makes sense
13:58:55 From Bernard Turcotte To Everyone: Time check: 30 minutes left in call
14:01:18 From Kristina Rosette To Everyone:David and I will have to agree to disagree on the substance of the requisite diversity of skill and experience. My point was more of form - to be clear that fn 3 is referring to lack of capacity for any reason.
14:08:55 From Sam Eisner - ICANN Org To Everyone:
    (iv) Upon request of an IRP Panel, the IRP Panel shall have access to independent skilled technical experts at the expense of ICANN, although all substantive interactions between the IRP Panel and such experts shall be conducted on the record, except when public disclosure could materially and unduly harm participants, such as by exposing trade secrets or violating rights of personal privacy.
14:12:56 From Arasteh To Everyone: pls introduce the qualifier as I mentioned,. once all efoort to resolve the matter aRE EXHAUSTED
14:13:49 From David McAuley (Verisign) To Everyone: expertise is the term used in 4.3 (j) which differs from 4.3(k)
14:14:07 From Arasteh To Everyone: NO PROLEM TO USE EXPERIENCE AS REPLACEMENT OF EXPERTISE
14:14:36 From Arasteh To Everyone: Sorry for captiasl -
14:16:03 From Arasteh To Everyone:
    Whether experince or expertise I still maintain my position to introduce a qualifier, once all efforts are exhausted
14:17:53 From David McAuley (Verisign) To Everyone: one misspelling in FN4 - Stading for Standing
14:19:03 From Arasteh To Everyone:
    the signature of not having compflict of interest is an important issue and other international organizations had implemented that
14:20:23 From David McAuley (Verisign) To Everyone: on misspelling, if I tried to change the google doc it would collapse
14:28:32 From Kristina Rosette To Everyone: thanks all
14:28:40 From Malcolm Hutty To Everyone: bye all

• No labels