Attendees: 

Members:  Becky Burr, David McAuley, Greg Shatan, Kavouss Arasteh, Kristina Rosette, Mike Rodenbaugh, Sam Eisner, Susan Payne

Guests/Observers: Kate Wallace, Liz Le

ICANN Org: Bernard Turcotte, Devan Reed

Apologies: Brenda Brewer, Flip Petillion

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to brenda.brewer@icann.org **

Agenda:

1. Review agenda and updates to SOIs
  2. Conclude initial review and discussion of small team’s proposed revision to Rule 7 (clean, annotated and redline versions reattached for convenience):
    1. Continuing from Rule 7 (25) Participation as an Amicus, and reflecting on the question aired on our last call and set out in my email of 27 August (attached)
  3. Time permitting, discuss notification of commencement of an IRP (see attached setting out current provision in Rule 6 and MR proposal)
  4. Next call 12 September tbc
  5. AOB

Transcript: PDF

Recordings: 

Documents: 

Zoom Chat Transcript:  

00:30:27    David McAuley (Verisign):    sounds like a good plan, Susan
00:37:25    David McAuley (Verisign):    +1 @ Kristina
00:38:28    Kristina Rosette:    I agree, Sam. I didn't intend that we would delete the 3 referenced categories, but would instead clarify that the presumption would apply to them.
00:38:42    Sam Eisner - ICANN Org:    Understood, Kristina.  Thanks
00:52:18    Sam Eisner - ICANN Org:    With apologies, I have to leave early.
00:58:03    David McAuley (Verisign):    should have also said I was on small team
01:08:50    David McAuley (Verisign):    Good progress, thank you, Susan
01:10:03    Mike Rodenbaugh:    Notification is relevant to intervention rather than consolidation
01:13:54    Kristina Rosette:    Have to step away for a minute
01:17:45    Kristina Rosette:    back
01:20:10    Mike Rodenbaugh:    We had email about this… Becky agreed the following is workable:   where the gTLD string that is the subject of the IRP is the same as, or is a translation, transliteration or IDN of, or is a plural of, the applied-for string
01:22:08    David McAuley (Verisign):    seems fair
01:22:20    Becky Burr:    My views should not be taken as definitive.  Easy enough when the strings are the same or plurals in the same language.  Translation, transliteration, or IDN may be more complicated
01:25:55    David McAuley (Verisign):    ok thanks Susan
01:27:00    Bernard Turcotte:    Time check - 25 minutes left in call
01:29:06    Mike Rodenbaugh:    It should be in the Intervention rule
01:29:54    Mike Rodenbaugh:    Ok... Initiation rule would work
01:32:47    Bernard Turcotte:    bye all
01:32:50    Kristina Rosette:    Bye all
01:33:00    David McAuley (Verisign):    Thanks all see you in September

• No labels