DATE: Saturday, 11 March 2023
TIME: 10:30 - 12:00 EST
ROOM: Gran Cancún 2
ICANN76 Session Link
The recently published SubPro ODA provides ICANN Org’s current best thinking regarding potential options for moving forward with the next round of new TLDs.
In this session, the Brand Registry Group and other industry experts will assess the implications of these options and provide real world analysis of what this means for future applicants and suggestions on implementation based upon the Option 2a - Proposed New TLDs Implementation Report.
- Welcome and Opening Remarks (5 mins)
- Review of Option 2a - Proposed New TLDs Implementation Report (45 mins)
- Why this is important for ICANN and the internet
- Key Concerns Regarding Current Implementation Planning
- Proposed Model for Implementation - Option 2a
o Segmenting the Application Submission Process
o Application Prioritization
o Application Pricing Model
- Acknowledgement of Risks and Proposed Mitigation Strategies
3. Q&A (10 mins)