Attendees: 

Members: David McAuley, Kavouss Arasteh, Kristina Rosette, Malcolm Hutty, Susan Payne

Guests/Observers: Becky Burr, Kate Wallace, Leon Sanchez, Liz Le

ICANN Org:  Bernard Turcotte, Andrea Glandon

Apologies: Brenda Brewer, Flip Petillion, Sam Eisner

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to mssi-secretariat@icann.org **

Agenda:

1. Review agenda and updates to SOIs
  2. Review and discuss action items
    • SP - Prepare a draft work plan (in process).
    • SE – To review the language on the FAT and, if this does not adequately cover the "same issue" point, to propose amended language by the 27/6 call.
    • MR - Provide a status report on Initiation sub-group
  3. Continue the discussion of rule 4 with the cleaned-up document
  4. Confirmation of next meetings: 
    • Consolidation sub-group 12 July TBC
    • Initiation subgroup 12 July TBC
    • Plenary 19 July 2022, 18:00 UTC

Transcript:  PDF

Recording

Documents:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fOggxgoSfHH0dPARLsLbA36J4sSZjhs0K6n-pGzvmpM/edit?pli=1

Zoom Chat Transcript:  

00:36:50    David McAuley (Verisign):    No problem here with what Kavouss said
00:39:28    David McAuley (Verisign):    ok
00:39:50    Andrea Glandon - ICANN Org:    Sounds good so far, Susan.
00:42:32    Andrea Glandon - ICANN Org:    We can hear him Susan
00:42:34    David McAuley (Verisign):    I hear Kavouss
00:49:53    David McAuley (Verisign):    The idea on the Initiation subgroup makes sense to me
00:53:30    David McAuley (Verisign):    I forgot to pull this doc up prior to call - can we get link in chat
00:53:50    Andrea Glandon - ICANN Org:    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fOggxgoSfHH0dPARLsLbA36J4sSZjhs0K6n-pGzvmpM/edit?pli=1
00:54:03    David McAuley (Verisign):    Thank you, Andrea
00:54:08    Andrea Glandon - ICANN Org:    You’re welcome!
01:00:29    David McAuley (Verisign):    I think your summary is accurate Susan
01:01:55    León Felipe Sánchez Ambía:    Sorry my daughter's school called and I nee to go get her. Hence I need to leave the call. My apologies
01:04:52    Liz Le - ICANN Org:    Apologies for joining late.
01:08:14    Andrea Glandon - ICANN Org:    Sounds good, Susan
01:11:58    becky:    It means ask the panel’s permission.
01:12:20    becky:    “Seek leave” that is
01:18:13    David McAuley (Verisign):    Understood, thanks Malcolm
01:18:56    David McAuley (Verisign):    That is what it means to me also - very
01:21:35    David McAuley (Verisign):    My recollection is that in one instance we said 'extraordinary' and in another we said 'exceptional' - leading to wondering why the difference
01:21:47    David McAuley (Verisign):    difference
01:26:12    David McAuley (Verisign):    This is hard sledding and I want to thank Susan for hanging in there on this - as a former chair of the group I can say this is tough stuff. and want to thank alol for good faith attempt to solve
01:26:24    David McAuley (Verisign):    thank all
01:29:26    Bernard Turcotte:    time check - 25 minutes left in call
01:33:59    becky:    Agree that this issue needs to be closed off recognizing that there is no solution that will make everyone happy. I would support F2F at ICANN 75
01:34:21    David McAuley (Verisign):    good point Susan
01:41:55    Kristina Rosette:    Malcolm, it's not clear to me what problem you want to solve with your proposed language.  Can you please advise? Thank you!
01:41:55    David McAuley (Verisign):    we have 120 days
01:46:00    Malcolm Hutty:    well we keep going round in circles, so it seems that reverting to the bylaws language ought to be the default, if someone is going to object to whatever language is suggested
01:46:03    Liz Le - ICANN Org:    +1 Susan
01:46:17    Malcolm Hutty:    I just don't feel we're moving forward
01:52:12    David McAuley (Verisign):    Thank you Susan for your leadership. Thanks also to Bernie and Andrea and all.
01:52:52    Bernard Turcotte:    bye all

• No labels