Pavan Budhrani: hi

Charles Mok: hi. The agenda etc are not loaded yet? I don't see...

CLO: Hi All   I'm  on the call but on mute  for a short while

Pavan Budhrani: agenda is on the wiki charles

CLO: Hi Kevin  WELCOME  :-)  Kevin is one of our ISOC-AU ALS Members  ( ex Director of ISOC-AU)  he has a piece of AoB  to raise

CLO: as I noted  in the comments  to the Agenda  page

CLO: Me Me Me  I'm here

Gisella Gruber-White: Fouad is driving and we will dial back to him in 10 minutes

CLO: Yup  that was an AI  from Singapore

CLO: There is still time  for the Dev Ecinomies one  to have our inout  this  PC  is just the 2nd Milestone Report  the Final is to come

CLO: Ergh  typos

CLO: be nice to have it  endoresed BY APRALO

CLO: can  PicISOC  hold the pen  and we be ready  to endorse....

Gisella Gruber-White: we are dialling out to Siva

Sivasubramanian M: Thanks Gisella

CLO: and we need to work on the GAC  Members  from these countries  as well....

Gisella Gruber-White: Siva has joined the call - welcome!

CLO: I hold the Pen on the ALAC draft comments  so we sort of do have 'input'  happy to speak to that

Sivasubramanian M: rather than comment on Rod's comments on the NOI, why don't we comment on the NOI itself, and submit our comments to the FNOI?

Charles Mok: Hi Kevin, welcome

Gisella Gruber-White: Vivek sends his apology

CLO: The Wiki page will have the usual Comments  section  to we should USE it...

CLO: Charles  you can take  what I have already said  OFF my report allocation time ;-)

Sivasubramanian M: In response to the last notice of inquiry, I submitted independant coments http://wealthyworld.blogspot.com/2011/04/united-states-department-of-commerces.html

CLO: Yes  Siva  but the FNOI  asks specifics on further matters  this is what we need to address this time round

CLO: or did you mean FNOI

CLO: current  not last

Sivasubramanian M: Yes, requires inputs from those who have detailed knowledge of the IANA functions

Sivasubramanian M: ( my comments were for the last NOI, not for FNOI )]

CLO: OK thanks

Gisella Gruber-White: Thank you Cheryl - important for the transcript!

CLO: this matter is also one  that after RALO 'harmonisation'  has to go through ALAC  as they are the unit  that approves  (or otherwise) ALS  status

Pavan Budhrani: happy to help

CLO: Yes it has  and duly endorsed  etc.,

Gisella Gruber-White: Fouad - voicemail so far ...

CLO: From  Dan Graham  at ISOC  Here's a copy of the presentation I gave during last week's social media webinar:https://fileshare.tools.isoc.org/groups/comms/public/Chapter%20SM%20Webinar%20Master.pdf

CLO: it was well worthwhile  but he and his team would/could  I believe  make a presentation  to our region at a future time

CLO: a Regional  Focussed Webinar

CLO: Yup  we MUST go back to the engagement we USED to have  from the West of our Region

CLO: the answer to that set of questions  is  YES ;-)  Inreach  should be first  though

Sivasubramanian M: @ Olivier   ISO

CLO: YES please  APAC  discuss is an OPEN  list  more the merrier

Sivasubramanian M: @ Olivier  Isoc chapter members are also members of ISOC Global,  it is the same with ALS's,  but can we bring in a process by which ALL members of a local ALS are subscribed to the at-Large list for more direct involvement?

CLO: yES  Yes Yes

Sivasubramanian M: at large list and the regional list

CLO: people  can just  Self subscribe

CLO: to ALL the open list(s)

Sivasubramanian M: Yes, but that does  not work, unless there is a process in place, a process by which mebers who join an ALS first apply to join At large as a member and then choose to join an ALS

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/at-large

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: To subscribe to the At-Large list

Sivasubramanian M: Yes  Olivier,  but I am taking about a change in process, along the lines of the isoc membership process,

Sivasubramanian M: At Large does not have a global list of ALL the members of all the At large Structures

Sivasubramanian M: We could intoduce a simple process, by which any one interested in joining an ALS / AT large wordwide is asked to fill up a simple form, and then chose to join an ALS

Sivasubramanian M: that way at Large has a gloabl list of individual members + ALSs

CLO: well in the case of our Aus ALS  they would need to pay up the fees

Sivasubramanian M: I know that there is an at Large list, but it is not as inclusive as the entire membership base

CLO: REAL  risk  we got away  with a lot of luck  on this  from a gTLD perspective  ( so far)

CLO: this raises  al few  RAA issues  as you might imagine

CLO: and  matters that COmpliance is most concerned about....

CLO: and  happy to work with us on in outreach  as well as information sharing  and building a better model for future

CLO: OUR  ALSes  are well positioned  to get this  issue discussed and the issues raised

CLO: out  there amd worked through

CLO: also  show cases our ALses  locally

CLO: I got disconnected  can you type what Will says

Sivasubramanian M: my call dropped

CLO: maybe we all dropped

CLO: if were niot being called back  please type the issue

Will Tibben: A request from PICISOC member - Was anything raised in Singapore about the small island developing states proposal? Apart from the comments what were made initially by the working group, things seem to have gone a little quiet?

Will Tibben: I will follow up with better information as to which working group

Will Tibben: We discussed in our meeting in May

CLO: OK  noted 

CLO: Guess that os for the next call then  and  maybe list  discussion

CLO: OK  Got to go   BYE

Sivasubramanian M: Is the meeting over?

• No labels