Attendees: 

Members:  Becky Burr, David McAuley, Greg Shatan, Kurt Pritz, Malcolm Hutty, Mike Rodenbaugh, Sam Eisner, Susan Payne

Guests/Observers:  Liz Le

ICANN Org:  Bernard Turcotte, Brenda Brewer

Apologies

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to mssi-secretariat@icann.org **

Agenda:

1. Review agenda and updates to SOIs
  2. Review status of Action Items
  3. Update from the Sub-Groups:
    • Initiation
    • Consolidation
  4. Confirmation of consensus on 30 day Fixed Additional time option for filing
  5. Continue the discussion on the Repose and Safety Valve language
  6. Confirmation of next meeting: 29 March 2022 at 18 UTC

Transcript:  PDF

Recording

Documents:  

Zoom Chat Transcript:  

00:35:05    Liz Le:    ICANN org is currently paying for the cost of all panelist fees in the absence of a Standing Panel
00:39:20    David McAuley (Verisign):    what happened historically re admin fee to file an IRP?
00:39:54    Liz Le:    The cost to pay the IRP filing fees have always been paid by the claimant
00:40:03    Mike Rodenbaugh:    Until 2016, there was no mention of ICANN paying costs of IRP admin
00:41:40    Mike Rodenbaugh:    ICDR calls it an Administrative Fee…
00:42:58    David McAuley (Verisign):    Thanks Liz - CCWG Acctblty was pressed for time as was much in transition work - leaving the same kind of filing regimen in place seems the right outcome to me absent talks by CCWG. But more when this comes back to full group as Susan says
00:48:34    Liz Le:    ICANN did not set the filing fee amount.
00:49:41    Kurt Pritz:    “The Standing Panel is well on its way,” gave me pause to (ironically) chuckle.
00:54:11    David McAuley (Verisign):    Kurt - on the way to the oxymoronic moment whn the standing panel is seated
01:07:28    Kurt Pritz:    Small team of practitioners that considers this issue?
01:26:25    Bernard Turcotte:    Time check - 27 minutes left in call
01:35:48    Malcolm Hutty:    David, I shared that concern, and the text I sent to the list was intended to address precisely that issue
01:36:40    David McAuley (Verisign):    Thanks Malcolm - I like Sam's comment too about a certain grpoup in the standing panel - much will be more clear once we have the standing panel.
01:38:52    Kurt Pritz:    They met once!
01:39:05    David McAuley (Verisign):    yesterday
01:39:27    Greg Shatan:    I was there too
01:39:36    David McAuley (Verisign):    and scheduled to meet next Monday as well
01:39:47    Kurt Pritz:    They are well on their way!
01:40:59    David McAuley (Verisign):    Staff was very well prepared to start us well yesterday
01:48:44    David McAuley (Verisign):    won't be easy IMO but worth it
01:48:54    Kurt Pritz:    Isn’t this meeting a “Policy Foru” where considerable time should be devoted on the meeting schedule to policy work?
01:49:06    Kurt Pritz:    “Forum”
01:50:41    David McAuley (Verisign):    Thanks Susan, Bernie, Brenda and all
01:50:53    Bernard Turcotte:    bye all

• No labels