Date: Tuesday, 16 November 2021

Time: 18:00 - 19:30 UTC For the time in various time zones click here 

How can I participate in this meeting? 

Web conference tool: Zoom 

English Conference ID = 1638

Spanish Conference ID = 1738

French Conference ID = 1838

Russian Conference ID = 2138

REGISTER:   https://icann.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUkdeugqT0vHdMA_WFLGK-Z8eKby5OBtFSg 

Participants: 

EN: Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Pari Esfandiari, Andrea Beccalli, Annie Renard, Bill Jouris, Gerardo Martinez Hernandez, Gopal Tadepalli, Gordon Chillcott, Greg Mounier, Gregory Treverton, Greg Shatan, Hans Bathija, Joly MacFie, Katarina Gevorgyn, Lutz Donnerhacke, Maureen Hilyard, Philipp Amann, Robert Castonguay, Robert Nikambwe, Sivasubramanian Muthasamy, Steve Clement, Sebastien Bachollet, Theorose Elikplim Dzineku, Vernatius Ezeama, Wale Bakare, Yrjo Lansipuro, Joanna Kulesza, Hanan Khatib, Laxmi Prasad Yadav, Marc Daron

ES: Alberto Soto

FR: Olévié Kouami, Anne-Marie Joly-Bachollet

RU: Natalia Filina

Guest Speakers: Lucien Castex & Jean-Christophe Le Toquin 

Apologies: Ricardo Holmquist

Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, Claudia Ruiz, Michelle DeSmyter, Adam Peake, Jamal LeBlanc, Kimberly Carlson

Observer: 

Spanish Interpreters: Paula & Veronica

French Interpreters: Jacques & Camila

Russian Interpreters: Ekaterina & Galina

Call Management: Michelle DeSmyter

Action Items: EN                        

Audio Recording: EN, ES, FR, RU

Zoom Recording: EN

Transcript: EN, ES, FR, RU

Zoom Chat: EN

Moderator: Pari Esfandiari

Guest Speakers:

AGENDA    

1. Staff introduction - Staff (2 min)

2. Welcome - Sébastien Bachollet, EURALO Chair, (5 min)

3. Moderator and Introduction - Pari Esfandiari, ALAC member (5min)

4. Encryption challenges in the French and European regulatory space (40min):

1. Lucien Castex, AFNIC (20min)

1. Presentation
    2. Jean-Christophe Le Toquin (20min)     

i.  Presentation

5. Q&A, moderated by Pari Esfandiari, ALAC Member EURALO (30 min)

6. Conclusion by the speakers and the moderators (5min)

7. Next steps: Sébastien Bachollet (5min)

• No labels

4 Comments

1. Sébastien Bachollet 

Greetings and thank you for this meeting invitation. I will try my best to attend this meeting.

Sharing my earlier work with a CASE Tool for the Polyglot:

UBrdge Synthesis is a CASE Tool for Systems Management developed by a Software Company based in Pune, India. This tool also had French and German Versions. The tool had a word processor and a query language of its own. The caption for marketing this tool way back in 1991 was "The Software Tool Closes the Gap Between Programmers and Managers - and Prevents Loss of Time and Temper". Not much of expertise is expected for using the tool. The challenge was the "Passwords and Protection" and the UNIX like approach for password encryption worked for the "tool specific" implementation for French and German.  To my mind, it remains a Good CASE of Merit with 50 / 300 copies exported to Germany by April 1993. Although, I had no connection with the commercial aspects, at some point I noted that each copy was priced at INR12500 + Taxes Applicable  (around USD420) It was exported and got good reviews by 1993 - 94.

India has seldom been a products country.

• Dr. T V Gopal 
  2. Will there be human captioning via streamtext? if so, link please.

3. Sébastien Bachollet and the Speakers in the Webinar.

Many aspects of encryption are now on the world map and there is increased awareness and access to pertinent information. 

World map of encryption laws and policies @ https://www.gp-digital.org/world-map-of-encryption/

Good Old Questions:

1. Should there be provisions to weaken the encryption to solve specific problems?
    2. Can there ever be a viable technological solution to enforce such a specific weakenign and simultaneously maintain all other levels of secutity and confidentiality for general purpose ?
    •  Dr. T V Gopal

4. This is archived at https://archive.org/details/euralo8 including audio, slides and a rough transcript.