- Category: ccTLDs
- Topic: Revocation of .UM (United States Minor Outlying Islands)
- Board meeting date: 16 January 2007
- Resolution number: 07.04
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-17jan07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board approves the revocation of the delegation .UM and directs that it be returned to unassigned status.
Whereas, the .UM top-level domain was originally delegated in December 1997 <http://www.iana.org/root-whois/um.htm>.
Whereas, the currently assigned operator is the University of Southern California's Information Sciences Institute.
Whereas, the .UM domain is not in active use, and the current operator no longer wishes to operate it.
Whereas, ICANN has reviewed the request, and has determined that the returning the domain to unassigned status is the appropriate action to reflect its status.
Recognizing, this would not prohibit future delegation of the domain to another party that meets the regular ccTLD delegation criteria.
RESOLVED (07.04), that the delegation of .UM be removed from the DNS root, and that it be returned to unassigned status.
- Remove the delegation of .UM from the DNS root pursuant to IANA Functions processes.
- Responsible entity: IANA Functions Department
- Due date: Per IANA Functions processes
- Implementation date: Completed per IANA Functions processes
Other Related Resolutions
- Other resolutions TBD.
- IANA Report on Revocation of the .UM Top-Level Domain is available at: http://www.iana.org/reports/2007/um-report-10jan2007.html.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.