Zbynek Loebl - Intellectual Property Interests constituency

1. Current vocation, employer and position

I have been a self-employed lawyer based in Prague, Czech Republic. During the past year I have managed, as an external counsel, the UDRP implementation at the Czech Arbitration Court (CAC). Before that I was a partner of CEAG, a regional law firm based in Prague. I am in the process of establishing my own law firm.

2. Type of work performed in 1 above

I have been a technology and IP lawyer.

3. Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other arrangement

As mentioned above, I have managed, as an external counsel on the basis of a mandate agreement, UDRP implementation for the Czech Arbitration Court (CAC). This mandate is now ending, due to the CAC's UDRP launch on 12 January 2009. I may be involved with the CAC in new mandates in the future, which may or may not be related to ICANN policy.

4. Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development outcomes. Are you representing other parties?

Except for the (almost finished) CAC mandate disclosed above I have no other commercial interest in ICANN policy development at the moment. I volunteered principally due to my personal interest in ICANN mission and ICANN environment, nevertheless as a technology and IP lawyer I probably will represent clients with commercial interests in ICANN policy development in the future.

5. Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a work team member.

I am a member of the IPC constituency. I have no arrangements or agreements with the IPC or any member(s) of IPC or with any other constituency regarding my nomination as a work team member.

Teams: 

• Policy Process Steering Committee Policy Development Process Work Team (PDP-WT)
  • No labels
For comments, suggestions, or technical support concerning this space, please email: ICANN Policy Department
© 2015 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers