You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 2 Next »

Instructions:

1. This Trip Assessment form will be automatically associated with its related Proposal; therefore, no duplicate traveler identification information is required.

2. You must be logged in to the Community Wiki with a valid Username and Password in order to complete forms within CROP.

3. Trip Assessment must be complete within three (3) weeks of all travelers having returned from the event, no later than the assessment due date which is automatically calculated based on the trip return date.

4. Multiple travelers are asked to collaborate as a team in pulling together the appropriate information.

5. To fill out the the form, click  (top of the screen).

6. Answer each of the questions that appears within the form. Use the scroll bar (right) to reveal all contents. Click here to read the full instructions

STAFF USE ONLY
Assessment
Status 

TRAVELER DEADLINE

Assessment Due Date

21-Dec-2019

Link to Trip Proposal
FY20 EURALO Trip Proposal 1

Trip Assessment Form

1) Describe the Trip in sufficient detail
that an interested reader could understand if/how
the original purpose(s) and outcome(s) were
realized (please be as expansive as possible):  

The 14th Annual Meeting of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) 2019 was the unique opportunity to meet personalities from governments, science, business, technology and civil society for an inspiring dialogue in Berlin. I had the great pleasure, to lead the organization of the At-Large-Booth and was therefore selected as CROPP funded candidate to represent the At-Large community e.g. EURALO at the IGF. The At-Large community had their own booth from Sunday to Wednesday and from Thursday to Friday, a shared one with ICANN. Throughout the event, I tried to connect and engage as many people as possible, to foster the outreach and engagement activities/strategy of At-Large. Furthermore, to fulfill my role as EURALO’s Co-Chair of the ALAC Sub-Committee on Outreach and Engagement and Member of the At-Large Advisory Committee of EURALO.

2) Describe the details of your attendance
and
activities at the meeting (including sessions
attended, written or oral contributions made to
specific sessions, etc.):  

Highlights:

On Tuesday, EURALO held its General Assembly 2019; important community leaders and ICANN Board members were among the participants. They discussed several important topics for 2020 e.g. the further procedures after the implementation of the EURALO Bylaws, EURALO’s role in the Policy Development Process within ICANN, ALS’s engagement within our region, FY20-Outreach & Engagement-Strategy.

On Wednesday, there was an informal ”Flash Session” at the At-Large-Booth, where community leaders presented engagement opportunities within the At-Large community and also explained to young interested participants how to get engaged within the ICANN ecosystem e.g. NextGen and Fellowship program, etc.

ICANN sessions:

• Monday, Workshop: The evolving ecosystem: ICANN's role in the security and stability of the Internet
  • Tuesday, ICANN Open Forum: ICANN - DNS, Threats and Opportunities
  • Thursday, Workshop: Online Identity in the Multilingual Domain Name Space

3) Explain the specific plans for follow-up activities
to enhance and continue the objectives of the trip for
the community structure through which you were
approved for the trip:

Follow-up:

I was EURALO’s Co-Chair of the ALAC Sub-Committee on Outreach and Engagement until the end of 2019 and now I am a member of the At-Large Advisory Committee of EURALO.

Finally, I would like to thank ICANN for the funding and the great opportunity to attend this very interesting and very well organized event. As well as all the people, who helped me with the organization of the At-Large-Booth! It was a great event with plenty of interesting talks at the booth and beyond.

4) Please fill out the date when you have completed this form:
03-Feb-2020
Acknowledgements Section

Note: To be completed by a Program Coordinator (PC) designated by this organization/structure.

AcknowledgementsConfirmed?Who Confirmed?Date of ConfirmationNotes
The Trip Assessment information has been gathered and properly entered into this form.
The ICANN Organization / Structure's leadership has authorized the submission of this Trip Assessment.

=======================================================

CROP Trip Assessment Template (June 2018)

• No labels