Date: Tuesday, 21 January 2020
Time: 18:00 - 19:00 UTC For the time in various time zones click here
Meeting Number: AL.EU/CC.1119/1
Web conference tool: Zoom
English Conference ID = 1638
Zoom Room: https://icann.zoom.us/j/644911506
Participants: Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Olawale Bakare, Sebastien Bachollet, Yrjo Lansipuro, Oksana Pryhodko, Roberto Gaetano, Natalia Filina, Ricardo Holmquist, Anne-Marie Joly-Bachollet, Siranush Vardanyan, Lutz Donnerhacke
Apologies: Bastiaan Goslings, Matthias M. Hudobnik, Erich Schweighofer, Annette Mühlberg
Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, Chris Mondini, Adam Peake, Michelle DeSmyter
Call Management: Michelle DeSmyter
- Roll call - staff (2 minutes)
- Introduction of Christopher Mondini, newly appointed ICANN Vice President, Stakeholder Engagement, Europe and Managing Director, Brussels Office - Sébastien and Christopher (5 minutes)
- Review of 16 December Action Items - Sébastien (3 minutes)
- Update Public Consultations - Olivier - Co-Chair CPWG and Sébastien (15 minutes)
- Future consultations: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/upcoming-2012-02-25-en)
Recently Ratified by the ALAC (since last EURALO Monthly Meeting)
ALAC Advice to ICANN Board on DNS Abuse (submitted to the ICANN Board on 24 December 2019)
Implementation Plan for the GNSO Consensus Policy Relating to the Protection of Certain Red Cross Names
As a worldwide internationally recognized humanitarian aid organization, and one that has been regularly the target of those seeking to fraudulently extract donations, the ALAC believes that the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (incorporating National Red Cross or Red Crescent Societies, and the International Committee of the Red Cross) should be given the benefit of protection to its various identifiers, designations and/or acronyms as intended by the policy changes proposed for implementation in the said updated consensus policy. This includes the proposed action to recognize changes to the official names of the Red Cross Society entities, including component names, in Eswatini and Macedonia, respectively, an action we view as necessary.
Registration Directory Service (RDS-WHOIS2) Review Team Final Report
The ALAC finds the report to include very useful information that should be used to guide the development of relevant policies, and appreciates the team's effort and supports the provided recommendations.
The ALAC highlights the importance of the recommendations related to the accuracy of data, and it strongly advises its acceptance by the ICANN Board. In light of the GDPR, the ALAC noted the importance of several other recommendations in the WHOIS Report encouraging a more proactive position of contractual compliance, especially in regards to DNS Abuse, as well as the team's findings with regard to law enforcement needs.
DRAFT PTI and IANA FY21 Operating Plan and Budgets
The ALAC noted that the proposed PTI and IANA FY21 Operating Plan and Budgets are aligned with the ICANN Strategic Plan, and are also very similar to previous years' budgets. An adjustment in the PTI budget is noticeable, including adjustments in salaries, services and other administrative cross-charges from ICANN to PTI or IANA.
However, the ALAC pointed out that a change is in process in the Governance of the Root Server System, these changes are not reflected in the proposed PTI and IANA FY21 Operating Plan and Budgets. The ALAC asked several exploratory questions in their response.
In additional, informal ALAC feedback was given regarding:
- ALAC Chair's Letter to SubPro PDP WG Co-Chairs (16 December 2019) calling for scope of upcoming public comment call to cover all draft final recommendations. See Letter from the Co-Chairs of the New gTLDs Subsequent Procedures PDP WG, in response to ALAC (03 January 2019)
- GNSO Invitation to Provide Input for PDP 3.0 Implementation
Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement 14 February 2020
Public Comment Name
Public Comment Close
Proposed Dates for ICANN Public Meetings 2024-2028 and Revised Dates in 2022
Proposed Final Report of the New gTLD Auction Proceeds Cross Community Working Group
Marita Moll (contributing to Multistakeholder portion of the Public Comment)
- EURALO Board Election - Sébastien (5 minutes)
- EURALO Taskforces (10 minutes)
- Post ATLAS III Activities - Heidi Ullrich (10 minutes)
- ICANN67 Cancún Meeting - Sébastien Bachollet and Gisella Gruber (5minutes)
- EURALO Monthly Report/Newsletter - NEW FORMAT: September to December 2019 - Natalia (4 minutes)
- AOB - All (1 minute)