You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 10 Next »

1) Your Name:

Kristina Rosette

Picture/Image:
(Instructions: Click in the field to the right to open up the text input window. Then click the <Insert> menu button, select <Image>, then choose (or browse) to locate an image file (e.g., JPG, PNG, BMP) from your local computer to upload. After insertion, please click on the picture and adjust the size to no larger than 200 pixels).

2) Stakeholder Group:Commercial

3) Constituency:

Intellectual Property (IPC)

4) ICANN Affiliation (if not covered by item 2 or 3):

5) Please identify your current employer(s):

Covington &amp; Burling LLP

6) Please identify your current position(s):

Of Counsel

7) Please identify the type(s) of work performed:

I specialize in Internet and trademark matters, and represent trademark owner clients in connection with such matterI hs. Among my responsibilities, I develop and implement strategies in the areas of offensive and defensive domain name registration, Internet monitoring and enforcement, anti-counterfeiting and anti-fraud; reclaim domain names through negotiation, arbitration (under the UDRP and several of the gTLD and ccTLD specific policies), and litigation; advise clients on the purchase and use of keywords and trademark aspects of search engine optimization; negotiate and draft transactional documents relating to Internet-related assets and perform due diligence reviews of such assets; and design trademark usage policies and guidelines and anti-counterfeiting strategies for use in social media. I drafted and/or advised on new gTLD applications for several firm clients. I am currently advising several firm clients in connection with (a) initiating and/or defending against objections to new gTLD applications; and (b) enforcement strategies in new gTLDs. In connection with advising firm clients of generally noteworthy trademark- or Internet-related developments, I have also provided information and updates on domain name system developments (e.g., posting of reports for public comment, announcements of new policies such as the Domain Name Transfer Policy, .eu Sunrise requirements). All such communications have been, and will continue to be, based solely on publicly available information and documents. From time to time, I register or acquire in my own name domain names for firm clients. I am currently the registrant of several domain names, both on behalf of firm clients and in an individual capacity. From time to time and as circumstances warrant, I have completed and submitted Whois Data Problem Reports and submitted registrar compliance complaints to ICANN on behalf of firm clients. I am President of the Intellectual Property Constituency. My term commenced at the conclusion of the 2012 ICANN Annual Meeting. I am currently a member of the US subcommittee of the INTA Legislation and Regulation Committee. The Czech Arbitration Court ("CAC"), which the ICANN Board approved as a UDRP Provider in January 2008, has selected me as a UDRP panelist.

8) Please identify your declared country of primary residence (e.g., country to which you pay taxes):

USA

9) Please list any financial relationship beyond de minimis stock ownership you may have with any company that to your knowledge has a financial relationship or contract with ICANN:

None

10) Do you believe you are participating in the GNSO policy process as a representative of any individual or entity, whether paid or unpaid?

Yes
If the answer is “Yes,” please provide the name of the represented individual or entity. (If professional ethical obligations prevent you from disclosing this information, please enter "Private"):I participate in the GNSO policy process as a representative of the Intellectual Property Constituency, and I do so on an unpaid basis.
11) Please identify any other relevant arrangements, interests, or benefits as requested in the following two questions:

a) Do you have any type of material interest in ICANN GNSO policy development processes and outcomes?

No

If the answer is “yes,” please describe the material interest in ICANN GNSO policy development processes and outcomes:

b) Are there any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your participation as a work team member?

Yes

If the answer is “yes,” please describe the arrangements/agreements and the name of the group, constituency, or person(s):

I am expected to participate as a work team member consistent with the interests of the Intellectual Property Constituency.

12) Please identify any Working Groups or other chartered teams in which you are participating (include acronyms, if applicable):

13) Additional Information (optional):

14) Page last revised:

===========================

SOI Template v5 (6 Feb 2014)

• No labels
For comments, suggestions, or technical support concerning this space, please email: ICANN Policy Department
© 2015 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers