You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 33 Next »

Meeting & Hotel Location

Swissôtel The Stamford

2 Stamford Road
Singapore 17882

Telephone: +65 6338 8585

Fax: +65 6338 2862

Meetings Dates

8 - 12 February 2015

Travel Information

Changi International Airport (SIN)

Visa Information

Below are requirements for entering Singapore:

(tick) A valid passport is mandatory to enter Singapore.

(tick) Your passport must be current and valid at least 6 months from the date of entry into Singapore.

(tick) At least one blank page in your passport for endorsements

(tick) A valid visa (if required)

(tick) Sufficient funds to pay for your day-to-day expenses during your stay

(tick) A return or onward ticket

For more information regarding visa requirements, please visit: http://singapore52.icann.org/en/

Foreigners holding ordinary passports issued by the following Assessment Level I Countries will require a visa to enter Singapore:

Georgia†ArmeniaRussia
India*AzerbaijanTajikistan
Myanmar*BelarusTurkmenistan
Nigeria*KazakhstanUkraine~
People's Republic of China (PRC)†KyrgyzstanUzbekistan
 Moldova 

AND

Holders of: Hong Kong Document of Identity

Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit

*Holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports are exempted from visa requirements.

† Holders if Diplomatic, Official and Service passports are exempted from visa requirements for a stay of up to 30 days.

~ Holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports are exempted from visa requirements for a stay of up to 90 days.

Foreigners holding ordinary passports issued by the following Assessment Level II Countries will require a visa to enter Singapore: 

AfghanistanJordan*Somalia
AlgeriaLebanonSudan
Bangladesh*LibyaSyria
EgyptMoroccoTunisia*
IranPakistanYemen
IraqSaudi Arabia† 

AND

Holders of: Palestinian Authority Passport

Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates

Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries

*Holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports are exempted from visa requirements.

†Holders of Diplomatic passports are exempted from visa requirements.

Please visit our guide for a primer on how to get a visa here.

Singapore diplomatic missions can be found here.

HOTEL FAQS

Swissôtel The Stamford

2 Stamford Road
Singapore 17882

Telephone: +65 6338 8585

Fax: +65 6338 2862

Room reservation is inclusive of Internet.

The ICANN Meeting is being held at Raffles City and Convention Centre. While every effort will be made to house constituents at the Swissôtel, nearby hotels may also be used to house attendees to the ICANN Meeting.

If you do not intend to stay in a hotel funded by ICANN you should inform ICANN at constituency-travel@icann.org as soon possible so the room may be released to someone else. Certain ICANN supported travelers receive only airfare support - if you are only receiving airfare support ICANN will not reserve a room in your name. You will be responsible for making your own lodging arrangements. However, should you wish to stay at one of the contracted hotels, please email constituency-travel@icann.org and we will try ot book a room for you if possible.

Allocations of hotel rooms for use during the ICANN meeting are arranged directly by the ICANN Meetings Department. The Travel Support Team will inform the Meetings department of your itinerary and they will book your room from a block of rooms reserved at the hotel(s) for this purpose.

ADDITIONAL HOTEL AND NEIGHBORING INFORMATION.

FITNESS CENTRE - State-of-the-art fitness facilities with a Jacuzzi, cardio equipment, strength training area, a private fitness assessment room or a yoga studio. HOURS OF OPERATION Available: 05.30 - 23.00.

SWIMMING POOL - Release your tension with a swim in one of the two free-form swimming pools. HOURS OF OPERATION Available: 06.30 - 21.00.

TENNIS COURT - Engage in a friendly game of tennis at one of the six tennis courts. HOURS OF OPERATION Available: 05.30 - 23.00.

WILLOW STREAM SPA - HOURS OF OPERATION Daily: 07.00 - 22.00.

JANN (French Cuisine) HOURS OF OPERATION LUNCH: Monday to Saturday: 12.00 - 14.30. DINNER: Monday to Saturday: 19.00 - 22.00. Sunday and public holidays: closed.

EQUINOX RESTAURANT (European Cuisine) HOURS OF OPERATION SEMI-BUFFET LUNCH: Monday to Saturday: 12.00 - 14.30. BRUNCH: Sunday: 11.00 - 14.30. A LA CARTE LUNCH: Monday to Sunday: 15.30 - 17.00. DINNER: Monday to Sunday: 18.30 - 22.30.

ALLIGATOR PEAR (Healthy Cuisine) HOURS OF OPERATION ALL-DAY DINING: 12.00 - 20.30 *Standard à la carte menu is available daily from 12:00pm to 6:00pm. BREAKFAST: Monday to Friday: 07.00 - 10.30. Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 07.00 - 11.30. BAR: Monday to Sunday: 12.00 - 21.00. Happy Hour - 17.30 - 20.30.

SZECHUAN COURT & KITCHEN (Szechuan and Cantonese Cuisine) HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday to Friday: 12.00 - 14.30. Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 12.00 - 18.30. DINNER: Monday to Sunday: 18.30 - 22.30. 

MIKUNI (Japanese Cuisine)

WHAT IS COVERED IN MY HOTEL SUPPORT?

ICANN pays for room and tax only - all incidentals (mini bar, pay television, phone calls, laundry, room service, etc.) charged to the room are the responsibility of the traveler. If you are not booking your air transportation through BCD you will need to notify ICANN at constituency-travel@icann.org. You may need to send a copy of your itinerary so the Meetings Department can properly book a room for you.

HOTEL DEADLINES

ICANN must confirm its room list by ADD INFORMATION HERE. To ensure ICANN is able to book a room for you in your name you should have a valid itinerary that has been forwarded to constituency-travel@icann.org no later than ADD INFORMATION HERE. If we do not receive your itinerary by ADD INFORMATION HERE, ICANN may likely be unable to make a reservation for you in the venue hotel.

If you are booking transportation through BCD and do NOT need a hotel room because you do not qualify for hotel support, please notify ICANN at constituency-travel@icann.org so we can inform the Meetings Department to not book a room for you.

WHAT TYPE OF ROOM WILL I GET?

Our Meetings Department contracts for standard rooms (King/queen) based on single occupancy.

Constituent Travelers are not eligible to request for an upgrade to a higher-class room or suites. 

I WANT TO STAY AT A DIFFERENT HOTEL.

ICANN will NOT reimburse you if you decide to stay at a different hotel. ICANN will NOT reimburse you on what would have been paid on your behalf at the official hotel(s) so that you can stay at your preferred hotel.

If you feel that your particular situation is an extenuating circumstance, you may request an exception by sending an email to ICANN at constituency-travel@icann.org. ICANN will not reimburse travelers who submit expense reports unless the arrangement has been PRE-APPROVED by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of ICANN.

I WANT TO BOOK MY OWN HOTEL RESERVATION.

No reimbursement will be made for self-booked hotel rooms even if it's in the main hotel. 

Our Meetings Department negotiates with contracted hotel(s) by committing to a certain number of room nights. If supported constituents do not stay at the contracted hotel(s) and we do not achieve the number of committed room nights; ICANN then has to pay for these vacant rooms (even though they were not used).

AM I ALLOWED A LATE CHECK-OUT?

Late check-out is not allowed by ICANN. However, if the hotel has availability for a late-check out and will not cost ICANN additional money then you may arrange it with the hotel.

WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY HOTEL CONFIRMATION?

You will receive your hotel confirmation one-to-two weeks before the meeting.

I NEED TO CHANGE MY HOTEL RESERVATION AFTER RECEIVING MY HOTEL CONFIRMATION...

The deadline to inform us of any changes is ADD INFORMATION HERE. Any requests after this date will not be honored. 

Per Diem / Stipend

PER DIEM: $ 70 USD / day

STIPEND: $500 USD 

Approved Dates of Arrival and Departure per Group

GROUP

EARLIEST

ARRIVAL DATE

LATEST

DEPARTURE DATE

PER DIEM SUPPORTED DAYS

At-Large

Saturday,

Friday,

ccNSO

Saturday,

Friday,

Fellows

Saturday,

Friday,

GAC

Friday,

Friday,

GNSO

Friday,

Friday,

SSAC

Sunday,

Friday,

NomCom

Chair and Chair Elect

TBD

TBD

NomCom Members

TBD

TBD

Maximum Airfare Reimbursement

REGIONMAXIMUM REIMBURSEMENT
AFRICA  
Eastern Africa 
Middle Africa 
Northern Africa 
Southern Africa 
Western Africa 
AMERICAS 
Caribbean 
Central America 
Northern America 
Southern America 
ASIA 
Central Asia 
Eastern Asia 
Southern Asia 
South-Eastern Asia 
Western Asia 
EUROPE 
Eastern Europe 
Northern Europe 
Southern Europe 
Western Europe 
OCEANIA 
Australia and New Zealand 
Melanesia 
Micronesia 
Polynesia 

Emergency Phone Number

In case of an emergency while in-transit to/from and during the meeting call: +1.310.578.8610

• No labels