Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the EURALO Copenhagen Meeting Activities Call on Wednesday, 18 January 2017 at 17:00 UTC.

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_D7bDAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=77NAo_vSZsU_dlgY1mWQbLSaOlLGdsGbW0BGjNeRtQw&s=Oz1EQzbtIoesphqT7gbvvMkknfUdCCCCEYQirDZd5ig&e=

Lutz Donnerhacke:HI staff, there is no need to call me. I'll join myself.

Yesim Nazlar:Hi Lutz - we won't dial-out to you, thank you

Silvia Vivanco:Hello all

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome

Adam Peake:hello everyone

Nenad Marinkovic:hello

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Adam!

Adam Peake:hang on!

Heidi Ullrich:Hi All!

Heidi Ullrich:he is on his way to LA

Heidi Ullrich:Indeed, Olivier!!

Maureen Hilyard:+1 Olivier

Heidi Ullrich:@Olivier, just let us know your needs and we can speak to Meetings Staff on this.

Heidi Ullrich:In the past, At-Large has both used the IcANN booth as well as had their own table.

Adam Peake:I think fellows usually staff the booth, make sure there are a few people there at all times.  But they tyicallly weclcome anyone.  

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:@Heidi -- the question is whether we could make use of the sofa as well or have our own sofa in the booth

Heidi Ullrich:@Olivier, let me find out

Heidi Ullrich:It went extremely well!

Heidi Ullrich:We had a joint EURALO/CS networking event (which was totally integrated into the ICANN cocktail in Helsinki

Lutz Donnerhacke:Do you need some help in this MoU?

Maureen Hilyard:@OCL I can certainly confirm the advantages for the RALO having a working relationship with their RIR

Heidi Ullrich:@Olivier, Tanzanica assures me that the ICANN booth could be used by EURALO (sharing with Fellows). Re the couch, Meetings Staff can either get a sofa or some chairs and a table.

Farzaneh Badii:can I ask a question? What is the purpose of this MOU with RIPE?

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:Cooperation with them and potential for participation at RIPE meetings

Farzaneh Badii:what are you gonna cooperate on?

Tatiana:interesting. farzy and I participated without MoU I think :-)

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:End user and communities input in RIPE

Maureen Hilyard:RIR meetings are inclusive of several groups which helps wth opportunities for outreach - we are always invited to spread the word about APRALO and their activities and APNIC provide individualised traiining and support for our ALSes across Asia Pacific when asked

Heidi Ullrich:@Adam, the consumer organization in Denmark is likely part of Consumers International . Breda's ALS in Slovenia is also a member and they know each other well. Good contact to go through.

Tatiana:Thanks, Maureen, this is good explanation (example). Now I understand better.

Farzaneh Badii:Thanks Maureen. this is clear. I think it would be good to state the purpose of the MOU when you showcase it

Heidi Ullrich:@Tatiana, almost all of the RALOs have MOUs with their RIRs.

Heidi Ullrich:NARALO is holding their GA at the ARIN Meeting in April with a lot of collaboration between the two.

Maureen Hilyard:The APRALO leadership team are attending the APRICOT meeting next month. This is an APNIC meeting in collaboration with the AP* members who are all the other internet-related organisations in Asia Pacific. Its a great meeting to attend and to share with each other abotu what everyone is doing in the region

Adam Peake:sorry, I don't understand about courses.  

Lutz Donnerhacke:I do have no problem with RIPE, I'd like to increase the cooperation. I'm unsure what is needed at the moment.

Adam Peake:only lectures.

Adam Peake:for example inviting a group of students in, and we collectively introduce a set of issues. what we do. how we do it, etc

Farzaneh Badii:I thought that's capacity building session not outreach

Tatiana:right, am wondering too, Adam.

Farzaneh Badii:why afternoon sat? we asked to do outreach on sat afternoon. Please do your capacity building session in the morning

Tatiana:we have outreach late afternoon-early evening. 3-6 pm.

Farzaneh Badii:if it's a course, it's capacity building not outreach

Tatiana:so anything earlier should work and yes, it is capacity building.

Tatiana:yes

Tatiana:yes we crashed the call, hope no one minds.

Farzaneh Badii:yes agreed Olivier thanks

Farzaneh Badii:we are euralo members too :)

Tatiana:yes, I forgot that we are valuable Euralo members, too. Two hats, both good.

Heidi Ullrich:@Tijani, the capacity building sessions at lunch in Hyderabad  were much better attended than early morning sessions. Please consider this ;)

Farzaneh Badii:8.30 am for students ? hmm

Heidi Ullrich:much better attended compared to early mornining capacity building sessions at past meetings, that is.  

Heidi Ullrich:Lunch time was much better...

Gisella Gruber:+1 Heidi - was going to note that about lunchtime Capacity Building session in Hyderabad

Farzaneh Badii:you can do it later! students wont turn up

Farzaneh Badii:maybe 11

Lutz Donnerhacke:Farzaneh: That's ok. They go to bed later.

Heidi Ullrich:@Olivier, their 7 a.m. start is breakfast...

Farzaneh Badii:well if you have capacity building closer to outreach in the afternoon, then you can invite them to our joint outreach too

Silvia Vivanco:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1wfbri5XFhkbM0yIk-2DosSr7zIw-5FZNFA86nTjCVH8DCaY_edit&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=77NAo_vSZsU_dlgY1mWQbLSaOlLGdsGbW0BGjNeRtQw&s=eN6WfHhOmhQdh8EvqAch3M7mGsgjdP_Wd8Ho_aHmUMg&e=

Tatiana:Unfortunately doc is a bit of a mess since some changes were not agreed upon yet.

Farzaneh Badii:Tanya is leading this effort

Lutz Donnerhacke:I have to leave earlier (in about 5 min), sorry. If you need anything to be handled/organized, please do not hesitate to ask me by email. I'll try my best.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:thanks @Lutz

Adam Peake:I wasn't my intention to schedule any meeting with students against the NCUC/EURALO session - apologies for not being clear.  

Farzaneh Badii:you can schedule it back to back Adam

Farzaneh Badii:Capacity building before outreach

Farzaneh Badii:and then invite students to come to outreach

Adam Peake:yes

Heidi Ullrich:What day is this event to be held?

Adam Peake:saturday march 11

Farzaneh Badii:is this doc on comment mode?

Farzaneh Badii:you need to put it on comment mode otherwise you wont see new changes

Heidi Ullrich:@Oliver, confirming this issue. It may be an issue if they are public sessions.

Tatiana:No the doc is in editing mode because I hope people act in good faith :)

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:@Farzaneh --- Tatiana needs to make it is in comment mode

Tatiana:Farz if people will make changes in suggesting mode I will see them. I never close the documents only to commenting. I believe that team work should be team work

Gisella Gruber:Unfortunately we are NOT able to start at 8am

Heidi Ullrich:@Tijani, I recall having to wait for up to 30 mins to have enough people to arrive at the early morning starts.

Maureen Hilyard:The lunch time sessions in Hyderabad were well attended right through the week..

Farzaneh Badii:hmm well then people have to put it on comment mode everytime they want to make changes. but they have been informed

Tatiana:I will write a disclaimer in the beginning on the doc.

Tatiana:Farzy, yes and I will put it in the beginning again. I don't like docs open for comments only - if we work together everyone has to get the right to edit :)

Farzaneh Badii:well it makes it easier to track the edits and just resolve them or accept them. but I get your point

Lutz Donnerhacke:Have a constructive meeting, I've to leave now.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:Bye @Lutz. Thanks for attending.

Tatiana:Hmm you are right Farz but I remember a couple of times it lacked the options so I decided to go always for editing mode :-) next time next time

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:You can change the mode and the link remains the same

Silvia Vivanco:Wolf we will work on Agenda as done in previous GA

Silvia Vivanco:EURALO brochure is posted: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_EURALO_EURALO-2BFlyer-2B-2D-2B2016-3Fpreview-3D_58733464_63156348_EURALO-5FFlyer-5FUpdate-5FA4-2520DEC-25202016-2520VERSION.pdf&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=77NAo_vSZsU_dlgY1mWQbLSaOlLGdsGbW0BGjNeRtQw&s=X9PQGLdxaRfbp5wzabKKd0-0n082dyI1sW_Hc6RI8-c&e=

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:500 is a lot!

Silvia Vivanco:Yes you can take them home Olivier

Heidi Ullrich:YOu can carry the rest - divided by 5 leaders, etc

Silvia Vivanco:APRALO leaders took some with them

Tatiana:NCUC carries brochures always. Not much in the luggage. Honestly.

Silvia Vivanco:for sure, we can ask JJS to take them Olivier

Farzaneh Badii:oh you have a band?

Farzaneh Badii:nice

Farzaneh Badii:Euralo band.

Farzaneh Badii:oh we can be in the band too?

Farzaneh Badii:Tatiana can sing and I will paly the violin poorly . I think I fit in well

Silvia Vivanco:Next call ?

Tatiana:Farz, you with violin... me the guitar. And someone singing

Adam Peake:thak you everyone.  I will be in touch with updates from contacts in Denmark

Farzaneh Badii:Goodbye everyone

Tatiana:bye everyone.

Yrjö Länsipuro:Bye