Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Recording

Chat transcript: EN

Questions received

Competition

• You mention that you're bemoaning the lack of data from the legacy gTLDs on pricing and you also mention that they're currently subject to price caps which may actually give them somewhat of an economic incentive to the used vs. new gTLDs. I'm wondering if there has been any consideration to a recommendation that the price caps be removed in exchange for a contractual provision that they also cooperate with economic studies?
  • Can you please comment on recent articles regarding significant price increases in some new gtlds?

Consumer Trust

• On recommendation 13 (Study which new gTLDs most visited and why; and how user's behavior relates to trust?), I'm curious about the technicality of how you go about measuring that given that most people are primarily visiting some form of SLD within the gTLD and that once they cache the gTLD server information they may not come back to the root name servers to visit the gTLD again to go the next SLD within the same gTLD. We may not necessarily have a particularly accurate way of getting at how people are visiting gTLDs due to caching.
  • You were speaking about trust in DNS name space altogether but I understand the studies were only related to gTLDs because it was the subject of your work. In future, do you plan to do it in a wider way, also to see about the trust in CCs and maybe to compare the level of consumer trust in old gTLDs, new ones and CCs.  I think that would give us a bit of a broader picture?
  • When you talk about higher level of trust from gTLDs that require some screening for eligibility and you mention bank and pharmacy, were those specific examples that were used in the survey?

DNS Abuse

• Does DNS abuse definition also cover compromised websites (link injection seems to be the most widespread compromise at the moment)?

Safeguards