Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Testimonial: Alejandra Reynoso

Non-Commercial Users Constituency (NCUC) Testimonials: Louise Marie Hurel

I am grateful to be a part of the Community Onboarding Program. Over the past few months, I have been able to experience one of the most welcoming cross-constituency working space; full of energy, dedication and people who, despite their different backgrounds, have found a place where they can learn, share and develop ways of: (i) critically assessing in-reach and (ii) enhancing outreach with a particular structure that is suited to communicating with their respective members (and potential members).

During our last meeting in Johannesburg, Janice talked about the "newcomer journey” and the importance of understanding that each person has a unique path of engagement. I would like to take part of this testimonial to share my personal experience in this program.

I myself am trailing this not-yet-drawn path, and as a newcomer that has started understanding ICANN through the onboarding Program I have to highlight its relevance to the effective engagement of individuals in their respective constituencies. Prior to the program, my vision was restricted to what I could follow on the mailing lists or through my successive attempts to understand the topics being discussed in monthly policy calls. Working with, and learning from, the Onboarding Program resulted in two main lessons. Firstly, it broadened my understanding of ICANN. The “bite-sized pieces” approach spearheaded by Kathy Kleiman and Ayden Férdeline places NCUC “in perspective”, helping newcomers to rapidly connect with the main policy processes and how interconstituency dynamics work. Secondly, as soon as I joined the team, I saw that I was also able to contribute with my reactions and perspectives to the material being developed. On the other hand, I was positively challenged to “walk the talk” and put this experience into practice as I became more involved in GNSO Working Groups.

, Kathy Kleiman, and Ayden Férdeline

Internet Service Providers and Connectivity Providers (ISPCP) Testimonial: Esteban Lescano

Intellectual Property Constituency (IPC): Dusan Popovic

Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC) Testimonial: Agustina Callegari and Martin Silva

Governmental Advisory Committee (GAC) Testimonials: Rapid Sun and Tracy Hackshaw

Business Constituency (BC) Testimonial: Omar Mansoor Ansari