Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): yes Ashley far more clearly said...  sorrysorry not fully operational atm

VANDA SCARTEZINI: Ok got it Ashley. tks

Kurt Pritz: I think #4 is kind of irrelevant. If an RSP bears costs associated with its certification, those costs have to be passed on to registry operators somehow, either through a one-time charge or some rate. I think it is up to the RSP what they want to charge and then up to their customers if they want to pay that charge

Jeff Neuman: Kurt - I disagree.  This is costs to pay ICANN.  Not costs paid by Registry to RSP

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): Staff can we make sure we capture this standards issue,  chat extracts etc., and send it to our WT4

Kurt Pritz: @ Jeff - lemme think about that. Maybe the Proposal should be edited a little.

Alan Greenberg: @Kurt, if testing is done ahead of time, there are no applicants at that point, only RSPs. If an RSP does not end up being used by any applicants, RSP is only entitty to bear costs.

Jeff Neuman:ICANN collected approx $61,667 from each application (paid for by Registry Operators) to pay for evaluations.  A substantial portion of that was paid for technical evaluation.  That can be eliminated from the Registry Operator's application for the TLD with a pre-approval program

Kurt Pritz:@Alan - but it passes those costs along at some point. If an RSP makes an initial investment, it has to recoup that investment

Jeff Neuman:It can then charge RSPs to get "pre-approved" one time.

Jeff Neuman:@Kurt - There is a big difference to pass through an evaluation cost incurred once divided by all its customers, then to be charged that evaluation costs 300 times (in the case of some RSPs) and pass those on to the ROs

Emily Barabas:@Cheryl, notes, chat transcripts, and recordings for this call will be available here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_NGSPP_2017-2D05-2D16-2BNew-2BgTLD-2BSubsequent-2BProcedures-2BPDP-2BWork-2BTrack-2B1&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=KT9yZegfV_4Os1sfXC6WRsBgN6zfUqk7Ifi2Lu7kbhU&s=suOciiSRhnh0225UI1AYC7e8QsdXu402U5rh5CQTXHU&e= . Once all documents are posted, we can share this link with WT4.

Jeff Neuman:For example, if RSP Approval costs $50,000 (hypothetically), then dividing that one time charge amongst 300 registry operators is much different than passing through $50,000 to each of its ROs to be evaluated 300 times.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thanks Emily,  I don't want any nexus points overlooked...

VANDA SCARTEZINI:donna's points in the doc cover up the point

Kurt Pritz:@Jeff : Won't the market deal with that?