Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Pavan Budhrani:                      No.

Wiki MarkupHong Xue:                               And for participants, now we have Cheryl, \[Kiva\], Holly, Pavan, Fouad, Edmon, Vivek, Charles, and Hong. Anybody else that I missed?  No, okay. That’s very good.  This is a quorum monthly telephone call for APRALO.  It’s a very good beginning for the new year.\\Xue:                               And for participants, now we have Cheryl, [Kiva], Holly, Pavan, Fouad, Edmon, Vivek, Charles, and Hong. Anybody else that I missed?  No, okay. That’s very good.  This is a quorum monthly telephone call for APRALO.  It’s a very good beginning for the new year.

The second agenda item is review of the draft minutes from the last informational session we had in Cartagena. Is a face-to-face meeting live conference call, anyone has any comments about the draft summary minutes, including the recommended action--well not really action because we were not quorumed in Cartagena--recommendations? No, no comment on that?

Our APRALO fortunately elected our representative on our committee, that’s Professor Vivekanandan. Thank you so much, we have the special delegates from NomCom to join us today. Vivek would like to do an outreach on behalf of NomCom, to us---is that right, Professor?

Wiki MarkupV. C. Vivekanandan:               Yes, I would like to just brief you. The fact is that I landed just yesterday back in India from outreach, so I’m trying to organize my thoughts. My plan is to do some outreach as part of the new institute of minority called \[DVAC\], so we are in discussion tomorrow about working on something to be an outreach in India, most probably in Delhi.  So once this is framed up within a week, ten days, I’ll be able to communicate to all the APRALO members.\\Vivekanandan:               Yes, I would like to just brief you. The fact is that I landed just yesterday back in India from outreach, so I’m trying to organize my thoughts. My plan is to do some outreach as part of the new institute of minority called [DVAC], so we are in discussion tomorrow about working on something to be an outreach in India, most probably in Delhi.  So once this is framed up within a week, ten days, I’ll be able to communicate to all the APRALO members.

Hong Xue:                               Thank you, thank you very much. This is very interesting, especially for people doing research, great, congratulations. About NomCom?

Hong Xue:                               We are all looking forward to meeting you. So it shows the livelihood of our organization. Very good.  The last issue I want to mention for agenda item three, is not really an announcement, but it’s something for us to think about and to plan ahead.  That is the election for APRALO leadership.  I think that APRALO is only three elections, not very impressive, but that is really about our leadership position cycle. 

Wiki MarkupI hope the staff can help us draft the election cycle, and before doing that, I see \ [Terry\] has a comment -- before doing that, I suggest we have a Wiki page set up to let the people comment and discuss openly about  a openly about  a methodology, the selection process, anything they want to raise a comment.    So we can collect these ideas and improve the whole process.    To my rough calculation, we need 1.5 weeks for nomination, one week for acceptance of nominations, and 1.5 point weeks for election. \\ 

That’s already one month, four weeks, and we may need one to two weeks for planning, for preparatory work and possible extension, that will be six weeks.  If we want to complete the election of Chair, vice-chair, and secretary which will finish the term they were elected at Mexico City in 2009, at APRALO meeting at At-Large summit.  We want to finish that by the San Francisco meeting, we need to really plan ahead.

Hong Xue:                               Okay, thank you. And James?  We don’t have James on the call.  Any other comments or questions for Cheryl or Edmon? Well, if no then I thank all for participating in the call, and let’s keep on working on the list, and on wiki.  Okay, any issue you want to comment, you’re welcome to send a message to the list or comment online.  Okay, the call is adjourned.  Thank you all and goodbye.   
unmigrated-wiki-markup

\[End of Transcript\]