Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Attendees

Attendees:  Greg Shatan, Holly Gregory, Jonathan Robinson, Lise Fuhr, Rebecca Grapsas, Sharon Flanagan

Apologies: Maarten Simon; Grace Abuhamad (staff)

Notes & Action Items

Holly Gregory on audio only

2. PTI Formation Documents

•  Action Item: Implementation Team:  Needs better communication regarding legal work and timelines 
  •  Action Item: Set expectation that more turn-around time is required for lawyers to thoroughly review documents and timelines in general as stretching
  •  Action Item: Sidley will provide termsheet regarding PTI later today or AM Saturday

-- Sharon Flanagan and Greg Shatan suggests to err on side of over communications so things are not missed

3. ICANN-PTI Contract (intercompany agreement)

• Action Item:  Sidley will send Term sheets next week
  • Action Item:  Staff:  Communicate with ICANN Legal Annex S of CWG proposal is an example.  It is not a proposed term sheet. 
  • Action Item:  Staff:  Confirm details of community review period for the purposes of Client Committee.

o   Per Lise, CWG Review and Community Review happen simultaneously. 

4. Specific Issues & Concerns

--

5. IANA IPR 

• Action Item:  IPR High Level Agreement will be sent to Sidley for review

6. Next Steps

• Fee estimates

-- Holly:  difficult to make fee estimates.  Doing best in good faith to make rough estimates.

• Action Item:  Lise and Jonathan will ask Trang what documents and estimate delivery time of documents for lawyers to review
  • Action Items:  Lawyers to provide rough estimate of fees for Docs from Trang's team.  Revisions of fees are expected from time to time.

Transcript

The transcript will be posted here shortlyRecordings

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (5/6/2016 09:27) Good day all and welcome to the Client Committee Meeting on Friday, 6 May 2016 @ 15:00 UTC!

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (09:57) Hi everyone

Jonathan Robinson: (09:57) Hello All. We'll begin as soon as we have all present.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (09:57) I now have the full hour as my other call was pushed to 16:00

Jonathan Robinson: (09:58) Sharon, please confirm if we expect Holly to Join

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (09:58) Yes, she will be joining

Jonathan Robinson: (10:00) Thank-you. Waiting for Lise & Holly to join and then we begin

Greg Shatan: (10:00) Hello all

Jonathan Robinson: (10:00) Shaorn, please confirm you only have 30 mins

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:00) As noted above, I have an hour now

Jonathan Robinson: (10:01) Apologies. Missed that

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:01) I think we can start without Holly and she will join when she can

Jonathan Robinson: (10:01) I like the way Sidely have been conditioned to talk in UTC :-)

Lise Fuhr: (10:02) Hi all connected now

Lise Fuhr: (10:16) @Jonathan or better planning from ICANN staff so Sidley can plan their time

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:18) Agree

Greg Shatan: (10:19) I need to make one of those signs.  Maybe I could retire from legal practice and just sell signs.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:24) yes

Jonathan Robinson: (10:31) Annex C to what? CWG proposal?

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:36) The contract would be fine

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:36) Paul Kane also asked about where Annex C woudl be housed.  I don't know if it was limited to Sections 7 and 8

Lise Fuhr: (10:37) @Sharon His specifc concern was 7 and 8 but I guess all need to be ncluded.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:37) ICANN is constrained in its ability to amend the contract.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:37) There is an EC mechanism that applies

Greg Shatan: (10:41) Annex C will be housed in the CWG Proposal.  It should be _reflected_ in the documentation and contract.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:44) CSC Charter will be a standalone document,  It's referenced in the ICANN bylaws

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:44) Correct

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:46) Yes Josh will lead this

Lise Fuhr: (10:49) No

Greg Shatan: (10:49) Piano practice?

Lise Fuhr: (10:49) Sounded like it

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:56) Also for estimate, what is our involvement with CWG - calls, memos, etc

Lise Fuhr: (10:57) Agree

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:57) Thanks. That's helpful

Lise Fuhr: (10:57) No thank you all

Greg Shatan: (10:58) Thank you all!

Greg Shatan: (10:58) Bye