Deck of Cards
idCS 2019
tabLocationleft

Card
labelChair

Deck of Cards
idRaoul Plommer

Hello all,

My name is Raoul Plommer and I'm representing Open Knowledge Finland as the member organisation of NPOC.

I have now been in ICANN for five years and have spent four of those in the NPOC EC, first three as the Vice Chair and this current term as the Chair of the constituency.

I'm running for the chair's position for the second time, hopefully able to use my experience and familiarity in NPOC for the better of the constituency.

I have no conflicts of interest to work as the chair of NPOC and I'm willing to put between 5-10hrs per week to keep our constituency running and still have time for some new endeavours, like registering an NPOC supporting NGO in Estonia.

My current involvement in PDPs and WGs has rotated around the NomComRIWG.

-Raoul

Card
labelVice-Chair

Card
labelVice Chair

Card
labelPolicy Committee Chair

Deck of Cards
idPC

Card
labelGloria Meneses

My name is Gloria Patricia Meneses, I'm representing Minka Digital, a Latin American organization member of NPOC.

I have been involved in ICANN since 2014 and in NPOC since 2018,  as most of you, I started as a fellow, have been involved in ICANN meetings remotely and in person. Despite I am a technical person, I have been always involved with civil organizations and technical communities that most of the time discuss policies related to the Internet, civic society participation, and human rights in technical environments.

I don't have any conflict of interest running for The policy chair's position. My objective is to use my experience working with civic and technical communities to improve and increase participation in NPOC.

I intend to dedicate  5 to 7 hours per week as Policy Chair. Remember.

Card
labelMembership Committee Chair

Deck of Cards
idCaleb Ogundele

Name : Caleb Ogundele

Affiliation:  African Academic Network on Internet Policy (AANOIP)

Position applied for:  Membership Committee Chair

Why you are running for the position?:

It is very important to connect with members who are stakeholders for growth . Engaging with other stakeholders and varied interests within the ICANN community to understand the work that NPOC does with the view of serving as a more vocal voice of reasoning and logic during engagements with other communities within and beyond ICANN

Additionally, the bedrock of the GNSO which NPOC is part of is the policy and public comments for the Not-for-Profit Orgs. I have participated in a couple of draft documents used to engage within the NCSG and NPOC. As part of these efforts, I have tried to stimulate the interest while communicating with members by calling their attention to public comments that they can participate and contribute to.

Recently, during a major internet governance meeting in my region, I and another member of the NPOC Excom carried out outreach to engage Not-for-Profit, Civil Society domain owners who previously never had a clear understanding of what they stand to benefit in participating in ICANN and by extension NPOC. This was done through a panel session and distribution of promotional materials of NPOC.

I strongly believe that if elected as your membership committee chair, my work within the leadership of the NPOC will reflect actionable outcomes, increase in NPOC’s membership activities, member’s quarterly “ask-your-executives anything” sessions, educational webinars as well as outreach and engagements that serves all member’s interest

I represent diversity, age and regional wise and with the support of members, they will continue to experience a bottom-up approach consensus to DNS Policy engagement with a focus on realizing the ICANN's multistakeholder PDP missions.

Additionally, I am also active within regional affiliations such as AFRINIC, ISOC-NG Chapter, Nigerian IGF MAG and AFRALO and currently in a couple of working groups within ICANN. 

You can learn more about my professional career here and ICANN Wiki

Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?: No

How many Hours a week you are able to dedicate to the position: 5+ hours

Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if so please state:

Universal Acceptance Measurement WG, CWPG, AFRALO Hot Topics Working Group, IDN Policy Working Group, At-Large Social Media Working Group

Please find link to more information about me:

NPOC’s Website: https://npoc.org/team/caleb-olumuyiwa-ogundele/ [npoc.org]

Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/caleb-olumuyiwa-ogundele-ab703675/ [linkedin.com]

ICANN Wiki: https://icannwiki.org/Caleb_Olumuyiwa_Ogundele [icannwiki.org]

Thank you for your support over the years and looking forward to more engagement. 

Card
labelCommunications Committee Chair

Card
labelAdisa Bolutife

Name: Adisa Bolutife.

Affiliation: Digital Grassroots

Position applied for: Communications Committee Chair

Why you are running for the position?:

NPOC's work within the ICANN community holds an important role in having a very strong communication mechanism within which other stakeholders within the community relate to the work and interest of Not-for-Profit, Civil Society and Academics within the constituency. It is therefore very pertinent to connect with these other stakeholders and varied interests within the community to understand the work that NPOC does with the view of serving as a more vocal voice of reasoning and logic during engagements with other stakeholder groups. 

I strongly believe in working with the leadership of the NPOC and all members' interests represented while building a bottom-up approach consensus to DNS Policy and realizing the ICANN's multistakeholder PDP actionable outcomes.

I do hope to bring in a diverse and proactive approach to service in the role I'm putting myself forward for. 

I am also active within regional affiliations such as ISOC, AFRALO and the Internet Governance Forum, both nationally, regionally and globally. I also work as Program Manager for my local NRI.

My participation in different fora within the internet space has seen my continued contribution on internet governance policy issues ranging from data governance, Copyright and Intellectual Property, Cyber Security, sustainable access, digital rights, media literacy, and development & capacity and other internet related issues which I believe is consistent with some of the concerns the NPOC has within the DNS industry.

In my professional experience from being an IT Engineer, Program Manager, Non-profit leader and technology trainer, I believe it puts me in a position to be of immense value to the Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC) in bringing my industry experience to bear from a technical perspective to serve in the role of communication's chair.

I look forward to serving the NPOC community in this role. 

Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?:
No

How many Hours a week you are able to dedicate to the position: 6+ hours

Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if so please state: No

Thank you for your consideration, support.

Best regards,
Adisa Bolutife.

Co-founder,

Digital Grassroots. 

Card
labelSecretariat

Card
labelEmmanuel Vitus

Name: Emmanuel Vitus

Biography & CV: LinkedIn [linkedin.com] 

Affiliation: Afrotribune

Position applied for: Secretariat

Why I applied for this position:

My Name is Emmanuel Vitus. I joined NPOC years ago. I’m seeking reelection at the NPOC Secretariat. As you are all aware, the secretariat is an administrative position, and I promised to keep bringing fresh ideas that can be very useful for the EC and the community. I would like to improve on what we ought to be doing and what we have done in NPOC, especially at the EC level.  My focus, when elected, is to work closely with the EC, especially the membership committee to increase capacity building webinars for members, policy engagement, strengthen them and notify them of possible engagement/ funding opportunities. I want the secretariat to be a great liaison between the EC and the community members.

Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?: No 

How many hours per week are you able to dedicate to the position?

5 - 10 hours or more as the demand for responsibility brings.

Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if so please state?

Over the last year, I have been an active contributor to the policies discussed at the level of NCSG and NCUC ICANN public meetings and remotely in-between. I have participated actively at my regional RALO in the At-large structure and the to participation of the francophone community.