Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

This pilot project is to provide a basic set of tools for our Community (i.e you) to reach out to their wider Community (your friends, colleagues and constituencies) about ICANN.

• Background
  • Downloadable Template Modules on basic ICANN material
  • Reaching Out to Your Local Community - a guide
  • Community-driven Localised Material
  • FAQs
  • Contact

Background

The Asia Pacific is a diverse region. As ICANN continues its globalisation journey, we need to continue to work with our local communities' "ambassadors" (i.e. you) to reach out to the wider community to tell them about ICANN, what we do, and why should our region be involved in ICANN's work.

1. About ICANN - English (updated as of 16 May 1 July 2014)

1.1 The Internet Ecosystem and About ICANN

2. Issues of the Day at ICANN - English (updated as of 16 May 1 July 2014)

2.1  Transitioning the role of the US Government relating to the Internet's Unique Identifier Systems2.2  Universal Acceptance of all Top Level Domains

2.3  2 Internationalised Domain Names

2.4 3 WHOIS

2.5 4 New Generic Top Level Domains (New gTLDs) 

Kindly note the following:

• These PPT decks serve as a template only. Kindly do not alter the background template without consulting us - apachub@icann.org
  • You may wish to translate the content on your own or with colleagues/partners in your local community.
    • Simply replace the text in the current templates in English to your own language.
    • For tips on how to insert text in front of the infographics, please refer to "I have problems translating the Infographics" under the FAQ section below.
  • As this is a community initiative, please share your success with us! We hope that you can share your translated decks with everyone.
    • Feel free to email your translated deck to apachub@icann.org, and we will upload your translated deck(s) here) below (see section "Community-driven Localised Material").
    • To give credit to our translators, we will also include your name(s) and designation(s)/organisation(s) as key contributors to the translated deck(s). 

StakeholderRecommended Decks
Youth/Students/Users

Businesses (non-DNS industry but Internet related)

• 2.1-2.32.54
Technical Community (DNS industry)
  • 1.1 (only if they do not know ICANN well)
  • Choose only one or two topics from module 2 to focus on
Government representatives

Local examples are key to engaging your audience, so feel free to add them to your deck!

Community-driven Localised Material - Please email your localised decks to apachub@icann.org. We hope to populate this space with as much localised material as possible!

* ICANN/KISA are not liable for any content inaccuracies that may result from the translation process. The shared content, translation processes and translated outputs are community generated and non-proprietary information.

FAQs

Q: I have problems translating the Infographics in the PPT templates