Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Attendees: 

Sub-Group Members:    Alan Greenberg, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Chuck Gomes, Elise Gerich, Mary Uduma, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Paul Kane, Xavier Calvez

Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript

Recording

Proposed Agenda and Notes

Agenda Item 3. Discuss Final Bylaws Language regarding the IANA Budget  see document here

• Section 22.4(f):  no further updates
    • Annex F(1)(f): no further updates 
    • Section 22.4(b)(i):  no further updates 

Agenda Item 4.  CWG Stewardship Comments on the Draft FY17 Operating Plan & Budget – Draft 1  see document here

Paul Kane: I know we have had verbal assurances in the past, and the status quo will be maintained, but where can we have the written assurance that 
there will not be charges by PTI at the point of service delivery

4.1  Add assumption? : No fees charged for IANA services to Registries.

-- Xavier recommends it belongs elsewhere than Budget

-- Elise:  even though ICANN has offered service for good of all the community, wasn't necessarily mandated the services would be free

-- Chuck:  Too late to add to Bylaws.  Recommend Paul to write Budget Public Comments ending 30 April

-- Paul: "document that the money for services does not flow from customers directly to PTI for performance of service"

4.2  ACTION ITEM for Chuck Gomes to answer Xavier's comment [XC4] regarding referencing which of the numbered items are unclear

4.3  ACTION ITEM for Chuck Gomes to answer Xavier's comment [XC5] and will respond to DTO list

7-2.1  – no further questions/comments

7-2.17  –  Xavier suggests to submit public comment. will come back to when talking about any comments DTO submits

7.12-3.2  –  no further questions/comments

Appendix B –  no further questions/comments

Agenda Item 5. Discuss PTI Budget Dependencies – Draft ICANN Bylaws

• See message forwarded by Chuck from Sharon Flanagan on 12 April. (discussed on prior call)
    • We need to provide feedback on this to the full CWG today.

Agenda Item 6. Possible DT-O or CWG comments on the Draft FY17 ICANN Operating Plan & Budget

a. Discuss the response from Xavier regarding clarification comments in the draft sent by Chuck (sent by Xavier on 12 April)

• Two issues identified that may warrent comments, based on feedback from Xavier
      • All to review estimated costs for PTI
      • May not need another call - aim to address further issues on the mailing list. Another call has been scheduled for next Thursday, but 
        will be cancelled if not needed. Future calls will be needed - is current day / time good for the group? Yes, works for most so future 
        meetings are likely to be scheduled at same time on either Tuesday or Thursday. However, next date is not known yet.

Action item:

Notes

Chat

Staff to cancel Thursday's meeting

Action item: Chuck to submit comments to public comment forum as DT-O lead, with endorsement  from DT-O (unless objections are received on the mailing list)

Future work:

• Await initial thoughts from Xavier and Elisa on budget process.
      • Caretaker budget - Xavier to provide initial thoughts
      • Further calls to be scheduled when initial input for these topics is available
      • Next steps

Agenda Item 7. AOB

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (4/19/2016 15:40) Good day all and welcome to DTO Meeting #16 on 19 April @ 21:00 UTC!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:56) Hi Brenda

Brenda Brewer: (15:56) Hi Cheryl!

Chuck Gomes: (15:56) Hello

Brenda Brewer: (15:58) We are calling Mary now

Brenda Brewer: (15:58) Mary, we are getting busy signal from your line

Mary Uduma: (15:59) HELLO ALL

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:00) Hi Mary

Brenda Brewer: (16:01) All attendees are on Adoabe

Alan Greenberg: (16:02) We are honored by having TWO Elises today!

Xavier: (16:02) Hello everyone.

elise.gerich (epg) 2: (16:02) Double the trouble ;-)

elise.gerich (epg) 2: (16:03) Not sure why it show me as present twice - only have a single adobe window

Alan Greenberg: (16:05) Normally means you connected once, it failed for some reason, and they you comie in again but Adobe does not realize your first incarnation left. But you aare gone now!

elise.gerich (epg) 2: (16:05) thanks for the explanation, Alan.

Alan Greenberg: (16:07) If you select Edit my info from the pull-down to the right of the Attendees title, you can remove the 2, or make any other change you like.

elise.gerich (epg): (16:10) Thanks for the tips.

Paul Kane: (16:11) I know we have had verbal assurances in the past, and the status quo will be maintained, byt where can we have the written assurance that there will not be charges by PTI at the point of service delivery

Paul Kane: (16:11) on customers/Registries?

Paul Kane: (16:15) That works

Paul Kane: (16:15) Agree - it is just to record the status quo

Paul Kane: (16:16) It is in the Proposal but it has not been captured in the legal docs

Paul Kane: (16:16) Agree Xavier

elise.gerich (epg): (16:17) can you hear me

elise.gerich (epg): (16:17) my speakers are not on mute

elise.gerich (epg): (16:17) let me dial in - please consider

elise.gerich (epg): (16:17) continue - not consider

elise.gerich (epg): (16:20) looks like I am on now - missed some of the conversation while getting connected

elise.gerich (epg): (16:26) Yes, Paul is correct that the RIR agreement is with ICANN and not with PTI

Paul Kane: (16:28) I don't think it is Bylaws

elise.gerich (epg): (16:31) Paul, is it that there can be no fees - or that there is no service fees directly to PTI from the communities for performance of services?

Paul Kane: (16:32) PTI will not impose fees at the point of service, although Registries can (and do) make voluntary contributions to ICANN where a percentage is to fund PTI.

Paul Kane: (16:33) I am concerned about (perception of) discriminatory practice

Paul Kane: (16:33) post transition

elise.gerich (epg): (16:34) thanks for the response

Xavier: (16:42) Thank you everyone. I will drop out now.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:42) Thx Xavier

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:44) probably just the 2 from my POV  CHuck

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (16:46) sorry I had lots of travel last few days

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (16:48) I am fine with the time

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:49) fine  for me at this time

Marika Konings: (16:49) Apologies for joining late...

Mary Uduma: (16:49) I Me too

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:49) hi Marika   were just about  done for today ;-)

elise.gerich (epg): (16:50) Would prefer to talk about the process when Xavier is on the call.  We will definitely consult with you.

Marika Konings: (16:51) @CLO - I've been here for the last twenty minutes so it wasn't that bad ;-)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (16:51) tuesday thursday is fine

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:51) :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:51) yup

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (16:54) very efficient call - thank you

elise.gerich (epg): (16:54) Thank you all.  bye

Transcript