Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Attendees: 

Sub-Group Members:   Alan Greenberg, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Mary Uduma, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Chuck Gomes, Xavier Calvez    (6)

Staff:  Brenda Brewer, Grace Abuhamad, Marika Konings, Trang Nguyen

Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript

Recording

Proposed Agenda:

Notes

Notes

Agenda & Notes:

Mary Uduma on audio only

Cheryl to lead call in Chuck's absence.  

Outstanding actions from prior calls:

• Xavier to provide clarifications on the DT-O budget draft
  • Elise/Xavier to discuss IANA Services Budget

1. Develop a process for development and approval of the IANA Services budget

• Update from Xavier regarding meeting with Elise
  • Xavier and Elise intend to put together a document that sets out a process, timeline, and allows for a community 
    review process. The draft will be high-level and can be refined later on.
  • Estimated timeframe: Xavier would like to have a draft that has been discussed with DT-O in time for Helsinki (June 2016)

2. Developing a Caretaker Budget

• Update from Xavier regarding his ideas
  • Question for discussion: Should vetoing the PTI budget trigger both the PTI Caretaker Budget and the ICANN caretaker budget?
  • Next steps?

3. Financial Stability for PTI

• Response from Sharon
  • Xavier's suggested next steps 

Text proposed by Sharon with edits from Greg: 

“To maintain ongoing operational excellence and financial stability of the IANA functions (so long as they are performed by 
ICANN or pursuant to contract with ICANN) and PTI, ICANN shall be required to plan for and allocate funds to the IANA 
functions and PTI, as applicable, that are sufficient to cover the future expenses and contingencies to ensure uninterrupted 
performance of those IANA functions and PTI in the future”

Action: Grace to transmit agreed Bylaw text to DT-O for approval, then to Jonathan and Lise once 
agreement in DT-O. Responses within 24h at most. Lise and Jonathan could confirm whether the text has legal's 'blessing'. 

Next Meeting:

• Option #1: Wednesday 13 April at 20:00 UTC

Action Items

Action: Grace to transmit agreed Bylaw text to DT-O for approval, then to Jonathan and Lise once 
agreement in DT-O. Responses within 24h at most. Lise and Jonathan could confirm whether the text has legal's 'blessing'. 

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (4/7/2016 14:35) Welcome to DTO Meeting #14 on 7 April @ 20:00 UTC!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (14:55) Hi Brenda... not exactly rowded heree is it?

Brenda Brewer: (14:56) not so much! 

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (14:56) Hi OCL

Brenda Brewer: (15:03) I will research a number for Chuck.

Grace Abuhamad: (15:04) and I will email him

Xavier: (15:07) I am connected.

Xavier: (15:07) on audio

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:15) Xavier  yuo are a little too close to your mic I think

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:17) INDEED  WE DO STILL NEED TO WATCH OUR NOMENCATURE :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:17) Sorry Caps

Xavier: (15:26) Can specify which question and which lawyer's feedback we are referring to?

Grace Abuhamad: (15:28) Brenda is uploading acopy of the thread to the AC room

Xavier: (15:30) I am confused if we are talking about hte IANA budget or the objective in the bylaws?

Grace Abuhamad: (15:31) I am not sure either Xavier. The text from Sharon is with regards to the Bylaws

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:31) Sorry to confuse you   we have moved to BY law language noow  thugh they are related of course as Mary's point on 1st charge  shows

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:34) I am happy with Greg's suggestion

Grace Abuhamad: (15:35) Yes, Sharon did agree. The text, however, has not been re-circulated in its final form

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:35) Do we not need to, first, make sure there is consensus on the DT-O list?

Grace Abuhamad: (15:36) That's a good suggestion.

Grace Abuhamad: (15:37) All -- Does this work? Action: Staff to transmit agreed Bylaw text to DT-O for approval, then to Jonathan and Lise once agreement in DT-O. Ask DT-O whether the language seems redundant.

Grace Abuhamad: (15:37) This incorporates Olivier's suggestion

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (15:40) yes that works. Thanks Grace

Grace Abuhamad: (15:42) Chuck just sent through an agenda via DT-O mailing list

Chuck Gomes: (15:45) Sorry.  I was thinking Monday's time.

Chuck Gomes: (15:45) Thanks for leading Cheryl.

Grace Abuhamad: (15:45) Sorry about that Chuck

Grace Abuhamad: (15:46) We are discussing Caretaker Budget

Chuck Gomes: (15:46) I have too many things going on.

Xavier: (15:53) Then no need to waste time.

Grace Abuhamad: (15:54) Yes, Lise and Jonathan are on DT-O list

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (15:57) Multi year s planning

Grace Abuhamad: (16:00) If you have a chance, please look at the two suggested options for a DT-O call next week. If we can lock down a time now, it will be easier than extra emails and Doodles later

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:01) I prefer Opt 2 Grace :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:02) Chuck  we started about 6 mins late  FYI

Grace Abuhamad: (16:03) Brenda has informed me that the ALAC leadership call is on Wednesday at 12:00 UTC... So that Option is no longer viable

Grace Abuhamad: (16:04) Please look at the new option for Thursday (1h only) call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:05) I'm OK with either opt 1 or 2 now Grace

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:05) No objection Chuck

Grace Abuhamad: (16:05) Thanks Cheryl

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (16:08) Good approach

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (16:10) We could put some funds in Panama for PTI to do its work :-)

Alan Greenberg: (16:13) Good idea!  e don't have enough potential scandals.

Trang Nguyen: (16:13) yes, that's correct.

Marika Konings: (16:13) @CLO - No, the Monday meeting was cancelled

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:15) ahhh thx Marika   I only notee what is on in my TODAY  atm ;-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:15)   Chuck  I can do either at 2000 UTC, 

Xavier: (16:17) We ahve discussed earlier in the call that the IANA budget process design would be produced for communication in Helsinki, after review and validation with the DT-O prior to Helsinki.

Xavier: (16:23) for this agenda item (comments on the budget), I would suggest that I do not attend the DT-O meeting, to ensure that there is no perception that I have influenced the comments and their submission.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:24) Understood

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:24) :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:25) ALL  good Chuck

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO): (16:26) Bye all

Chat Transcript