• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

PDF
nameAL-ALAC-ST-0814-01-00-EN.pdf

Please click here to review the reason for abstention from Fatima Cambronero 

Toggle Cloak

Cloak

LACRALO started to discuss this issue very late, when the vote period was already open to vote in ALAC.

In LACRALO we had a lot of confusion about this topic with contradictory positions.

Because of this lack of understanding of this topic and these contradictions some members of LACRALO asked to the ALAC members to vote the statement in a negative way.

I considered that in this scenario my best option was to vote in abstention.

Having detected this confusion we agreed to Dev to invite him today to explain this topic. I hope the region could have a clear understanding of the topic from Dev and Olivier explanations in the call today. 

Olivier suggested in the call to explore the idea of having a Webinar on this topic. I support this suggestion.

Please click here to review the reason for abstention from Rafid Fatani 

Toggle Cloak

Cloak

With regards to the Two-Character Domain names in the New gTLD Namespace, I feel it might confuse ‘less ICT literate’ users in developing countries that have always expected that two letter TLDs represent some sort of official capacity. However having understood the other side to this argument, I am not completely convinced that there are mechanism in place to support and educate these specific subset of users of this confusion. For this reason I abstained.

FINAL DRAFT VERSION TO BE VOTED UPON BY THE ALAC