Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Clean up formatting.

AG Comment: After hearing the comments regarding the new DRP draft and before I actually read it, I was expecting to see a document that had some minor changes from the earlier version. Instead I found a completely new process that bore virtually no resemblance to the earlier one. The requirement to demonstrate harm is still there, and that forms the basis for this comment. But the process has been largely brought in-house, with no dispute process provider and no fees, and as such is MUCH more amenable to addressing our concern for enforcing the PUBLIC INTEREST part of Public Interest commitments.

ALAC Statement on the Revised Public Interest Commitments Dispute Resolution Procedure (PICDRP)

The ALAC appreciates the radical changes made to the PICDRP in response to the comments of the first draft. The process seems far more appropriate for addressing potential harms caused by a registry’s failure to honour the Public Interest Commitment aspects of their registry agreements. The ALAC particularly supports the concept of taking action against repeat offenders.