Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

- Slovenian and Greek ALS : For Agenda Planning next year (see draft of master plan)

- EURALO to start planning for the GA - Masterplan created

v. Preliminary Issue Report on the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D - Comment period closes 14 December

Chair OCL reminded that for drafting statements you do not need to be an ALAC members but volunteers are always welcome to hold the pen.

Yrjo: Visa problems in Toronto. The ones with problems were the 3 ALAC reps and I would propose that ALAC tells ICANN that host country makes a commitment to give access to those participants on the ICANN meetings. Of course, if we have 3 ALAC people missing from at the NomCom that affects then the balance to of the meeting.

Wolf: I put the proposal forward to OCL.

IGF: Wolf mentioned it was the worst IGF with various issues such as internet connectivity. Most of the time there was no internet access at all.

On the content side, I attended good meetings organized by At-Large members. On EURALO it was YulilaYuliya and Sandra who organized Workshops. There were many other ALAC organized meetings. Good representation from the ICANN community. There was Besides a EuroDIG booth there was one from ICANN managed by Matt Asthiani.

5. Update on the ICANN Academy follow-up from Toronto (5 min. / Wolf and Olivier)

There were 2 meetings in Toronto on this, many additional meetings collected from the broader community. A new WG created to follow up on the project proposal in Beijing.

Yuliya:  IGF : The level of discussion and quality of work was very high and WS were very well attended. As a newcomer there was a very interesting meeting with the COO of ICANN and At-large members. 

OCL: See link on At-large Baku activities. We had a huge number of people that took part not only in the WS funded but many other WS which other people from At-Large had to manage. The only concern I had was that there were many WS plus the main sessions.  I do have concerns about having so many different sessions. 

Yulila: Yes, this issue will be raised how to better organize and coordinate the sessions.  I will bring the comments to the community in February.MAG at the next IGF Consultations in February in Paris.

5. Update on the ICANN Academy follow-up from Toronto (5 min. / Wolf and Olivier)

There were 2 meetings in Toronto on this, many additional comments and inputs collected from the broader community. A new WG created to follow up on the project proposal for Beijing or afterwards.

Sandra will give a more detailed update at our next calls.

6.  EURALO planning 2013 -- draft master plan and discussion

Wolf asked all to take a look at the Master plan and to have it discussed in our next call in December and one . One of the main challenges EURALO has to face is mobilizing our members for our next F2F GA in Lisbon. We can count on ICANN 's support and funding for our members to come to Lisbon preliminary days to the IGF. June 5th. In line with the two last GAs in 2011,2012. Having a f2f GA is the day before the next EuroDIG – on June 5th. Compared to our last GAs in 2010 (Vilnius), 2011 (Belgrade) and 2012 (Stockholm), preparing a f2f GA means more organization work and one of the key problems is the lack of participation of our members. Such a big task cannot be done in few weeks, we need to start ASAP and by the beginning of next year.  In Dec we should be in the position to approve this planning. I am ready to prepare the draft circular mails to our members. For From the beginning of next year we need to contact them directly and to coordinate the mobilization.  I suggested staff for , as outlined in the master plan. Wolf suggested staff to look after the Slovenian and Greek ALS.

We have EURODIG There will be a EuroDIG prep meeting in Lisbon in January and I Wolf will have a fist hand look at suitable accommodations for the GA (cheaper rate pre-reservations).

Jan, Feb, March will be important months to remobilize our members and I hope 80% of members can be mobilized

. The earlier we know about numbers of participants, the cheaper we can arrange travel.

Heidi: Will you also organize a reception and outreach event combined?

Wolf: It could be a good idea to combine something like an outreach after the GA. Yes, it would be a great idea and a great opportunity, because we could circulate the invitation via de Eurodig mailing list. 

AI: SV will add the Outreach Event to the Master Plan 

Wolf: The main focus and priority of the GA is In-reach. To remobilize our existing members , and to increase participation of our membership. If we combine it with an Outreach event it would be a great combination.

Oksana: Financial support for participants. The 10th ALAC anniversary.

The languages: For example Russian speakers need more informationHeidi referred to the last NARALO GA and outreach in Toronto what brought 3 new ALS applications for the region.

Wolf: As consequence of the At Large Anniversary in Prague I have an application , I know about a next application in our region and I hope we will have another at ALS by the end of the year.

One of the key goals is to atract attract more interest from organizations from the Host country (Portugal).

Funding is so far for exiting existing and certified ALS. 1 rep for ALS.

I count around 25 members

Heidi: budget - $22,000

We can organize cheap travel and I can try my best to organize reasonable priceWolf will prepare a rough preliminary budget.

AOB: None

---------------------------END--------------