Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Dev can lead the activity on this workspace and the workspace to include staff which includes Matt, Sylvia, Heidi, and Scott Penson, I gather, as required.  So that I guess is in progress.  And the next one is, by February 2012 RALO meetings to have Dev and Cheryl Langdon-Orr on calls to review the work of the technology workspace. 

Wiki MarkupAnd finally, Dev to work with Regional Affairs Manager to send a note on selected information dissemination, communication, and collaboration tools such as \ [inaudible 05:38\], Twitter twipes, mobile device compatibility etcetera to the RALOs.    Any comments on these action items?    I gather many of them are in progress.    So yes, Cheryl, your hand is up.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              Thank you Olivier and I hope I’m clear including to Tijani.  If we can have confirmation at that before we take it to the next step.

And that is where if you say an ongoing thing, normally budget is in the ICANN world because it benefits not only ICANN but the internet ecosystem community.  You raise some very important points and if you’d like to speak to the institute training opportunities, this may be a way where we can move this from an ongoing status to an eventually completed one.  Over to you Sala.

Sala Tamanikaiwaimaro          That you Cheryl.  Salanieta [inaudible, 31:52] Wiki MarkupSala Tamanikaiwaimaro          That you Cheryl.  Salanieta \[inaudible, 31:52\] a.k.a. Sala, for the record.    Something I advocate is the use of the internet in terms of building capacity globally to ensure that there’s meaning to participation.    Understandably there’s volumes and volumes of information, but with all the technical expertise that’s available within ICANN and that’s available within the At-Large community, I believe we’re well positioned and strategically positioned in that sense to come up with some sort of mechanism where we can sort of build capacity using remote participation.  

Not so much remote participation into meetings but in terms into the e-learning aspects of ICANN.  And I supposed in a sense, it may be tied to supporting one to actually peg to get the new one in a sense, but I think what you’ll find that’s unique with the remote participation is that it allows people to learn at a much faster and accelerated pace. 

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              We do, thank you.unmigrated-wiki-markup

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                    Okay, thank you.  I would like to tell you that the first experience of meeting in Dakar gave us a lot of lessons.  We learned a lot.  The capability program was successful, that’s right, but we can do better and much better.  I think that when you want to bring people to give them these programs, we need to prepare them before.  And I think that online capacity building would be a nice activity to acclimate before these programs, to present the material on this.  And when we have completed it, I think that after that, we need also a follow-up, a video follow-up, through online message and also through \[inaudible 35:25\]. Jemaa:                    Okay, thank you.  I would like to tell you that the first experience of meeting in Dakar gave us a lot of lessons.  We learned a lot.  The capability program was successful, that’s right, but we can do better and much better.  I think that when you want to bring people to give them these programs, we need to prepare them before.  And I think that online capacity building would be a nice activity to acclimate before these programs, to present the material on this.  And when we have completed it, I think that after that, we need also a follow-up, a video follow-up, through online message and also through [inaudible 35:25]. 

It will be a very very good result if we try to prepare the activities and then we try to follow up with them after the activity.  I think I will propose this to the activity working group because I think that that idea should not be accomplished on one mode of the invitation.  It should concentrate on several modes.  And one of the modes are the virtual and the online models.  Thank you.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              Thank you Sala.  I now have Tijani, Natalia, and Olivier and at that point, we will be leaving, I think, the call.  If you could indulge in your timing to be as brief as possible, each of those speakers, and I’m sure that the task force will also just not mind too much being on the call, perhaps a few minutes past the hour, because we did have some technical difficulties at the beginning of our call.  Go ahead Tijani. 

Wiki MarkupTijani Ben Jemaa:                    Thank you Cheryl.  As for the question of whether to merge or mix them together or separate them, I don’t see the capacity building for At-Large outside that \[inaudible 45:55\]  I think that will the general framework of any education of the program in ICANN.  It cannot be an At-Large tool; it can be an ICANN tool.  But if we include all the At-Large capacity to \[inaudible 46:22\].  Thank Jemaa:                    Thank you Cheryl.  As for the question of whether to merge or mix them together or separate them, I don’t see the capacity building for At-Large outside that [inaudible 45:55]  I think that will the general framework of any education of the program in ICANN.  It cannot be an At-Large tool; it can be an ICANN tool.  But if we include all the At-Large capacity to [inaudible 46:22].  Thank you.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:              Thank you very much Tijani.  Natalia, go ahead please.