Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Fatimata Seye Sylla:               This is a good proposal.  We are going to put it as a follow up action. Can we move on, please?  I want to move to the next item, the Secretariat of AFRALO, inside of AFRALO.  What is going to happen is half of the ALS members come from one country.  If one country has 10 ALSs, personally I do not see any problem with that because we could be from one country or different countries and be part of the ALS.  Does anyone want to talk about?  Yes, Yaovi?

Wiki MarkupYaovi Atohoun:                      Thank you, this is Yaovi, I think, what is going to happen if a member of one ALS comes from the same country.  What I am suggesting in order for us \[inaudible Atohoun:                      Thank you, this is Yaovi, I think, what is going to happen if a member of one ALS comes from the same country.  What I am suggesting in order for us [inaudible 00:31:28\] in time, each ALS needs to vote.    After this meeting I can send a model.    We already started talking about this in Dakar.    This is very important because they are in a sense in geographic regions.    This is why it is important to have a plan on that proposal.  

Even if they are from the same country, we are going to have a measurement in how that is going to happen.  Now with that said we are going to discuss that online.  If we need to do that by country that means each country may have one ALS, which is not the case right now.  Within the framework of the work that needs to be done, even if they come from the same country they do not necessarily have the same opinion it is a job that needs to be done.  If it is a regional problem we are going to make a decision as AFRALO rather than individual. 

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                    Yes.

Wiki MarkupFatimata Seye Sylla:               I am going to set \[inaudible Sylla:               I am going to set [inaudible 00:36:15\] per country.    If one ALS from one country or many ALSs have the same view of that ALS, they are going to be in the same point.    This would take all the regions.    If we have been meeting in the same country the tendency is going to be to have the same view on things.    It is better if there are many ALS in a country they need to be in the concert, to meet in order to have the same view.    If for example, one country has 200 ALS and we have 200 votes, it is just one country voting, two others that are not.    I think it is better to take the time and think about that. Aziz, go ahead.  

Aziz Hilali:                             We need to go very fast.  As I said earlier we are going to have this as an action item.  I think that it is interesting to explain in detail how we are going to rule out those and how the discussion is going to happen.  If we find out that there are 30 ALS or 50, how are we going to deal with that?

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                    Based on what Yaovi said, we are going to Point B based on Dakar meeting regarding Hotel Des Almadies and we follow-up with a report.  We have an internal discussion and those documents were sent At-Large, ALAC, ICANN also to point out the problem we have at the Hotel Des Almadies who did respect what they promise to do.  At the level of ICANN there is a letter coming from Barbara regarding the person in charge of the organization.  This letter was a very tough and was sent it was a big shock for the entire community, for the Senegal community who organized ICANN.  I find myself personally, that I was the person in origin of this report. unmigrated-wiki-markup

Based on a national decision, I did defend myself but it was not well \ [inaudible 00:51:09\].    I was accused but it was not my fault.    This is the situation.    I did talk to Olivier and Olivier did ask me what are we going to do, and I did say I was going to talk about that during the AFRALO meeting and we would make a decision together.    This letter we will send to Africa and to the greeting committee, Dakar community was - Yaovi?    Yes Yaovi?

Yaovi Atohoun:                      I am sorry to take the platform.  I did not get the contents of the letter.  It would be nice to give out more information if there is an official reaction of AFRALO because I do not think that nobody was accused.  Personally I was at Des Almadies and I saw the effort that you made.  I know there was a witness at Des Almadies and I do not think a witness from the hotel we can accuse. 

The entire meeting in Senegal in my view was almost perfect.  Besides what has happen with Des Almadies I would suggest that we have the contents of the letter so we can see what kind of decision AFRALO is going to have.  Thank you.

Wiki Markup
Unknown:                               Fatimata this is \[inaudible00:54:09\], I heard Tijani.  Say hi to my brother Tijani.  Thank you, Tijani. 

Unknown:                               Fatimata this is [inaudible00:54:09], I heard Tijani.  Say hi to my brother Tijani.  Thank you, Tijani. 

Olivier Crepin-LeBlond:         What happened was Barbara, Vice President of ICANN, as you said to Fatimata, they sent a letter to the Minister of Telecommunications.  I was not informed, nobody was informed.  I heard about that by reading Wiki MarkupOlivier Crepin-LeBlond:         What happened was Barbara, Vice President of ICANN, as you said to Fatimata, they sent a letter to the Minister of Telecommunications.  I was not informed, nobody was informed.  I heard about that by reading \ [inaudible00:54:43\] that \ [inaudible00:54:49\] of the business with ICANN who saw the original letter, the reports we made.    We made a report.    We made this report for the department who take care of travelling and hotel, hotel accommodations. unmigrated-wiki-markup 

It was an internal report that was sent to the Minister that was published and two days later we learned two days later when the letter was out there it was on ICANN site and all the news took over and we sent an excuse letter without checking the time, if whether or not it was possible to follow \ [inaudible00:55:58\].    It was her responsibility, herself.    Because of Heidi, who pointed out the problem, we got the letter.    It is a mistake and it was very monumental at a diplomatic level for that letter.  

That letter put Senegal in cause and that is completely wrong.  When we went to a hotel in Paris we are not going to send a letter to the Minister of Communication in France to talk about that.  We present our apologies in order to fix those things.  I do not know if it is over or not.  If there is going to be an after math damage in Senegal. 

Olivier Crepin-LeBlond:         Tijani, I think we understood, that we understand each other.

Wiki MarkupTijani Ben Jemaa:                    How can I say it, Olivier understood completely and I would like to attempt to make that clarification that I have a very good report and relationship with the Minister of Communication and the Minister of Communication appreciate me enough and I can see the Minister any time that I want to.  This is something that is going to damage the relationship that we have.  The accusation was made by someone, I cannot say the name of that person, but madam \[inaudible 01:13:53\] herself.  She has to, we have to decide how to trust either Fatimata or she?  Are we okay? 

Wiki Markup
Yaovi Atohoun:                      We do need to talk about the action item.  What I am suggesting at AFRALO level, we need to talk about that subject.  I wish to understand as a person who went to that hotel so we can accept that we \[inaudible 01:14:56\] the hotel, I have not read the report.  We can keep to make the exchange among ourselves and then we cannot accuse somebody.  We can continue to have some discussion.  That is all I want to say.  Thank you.

Jemaa:                    How can I say it, Olivier understood completely and I would like to attempt to make that clarification that I have a very good report and relationship with the Minister of Communication and the Minister of Communication appreciate me enough and I can see the Minister any time that I want to.  This is something that is going to damage the relationship that we have.  The accusation was made by someone, I cannot say the name of that person, but madam [inaudible 01:13:53] herself.  She has to, we have to decide how to trust either Fatimata or she?  Are we okay? 

Yaovi Atohoun:                      We do need to talk about the action item.  What I am suggesting at AFRALO level, we need to talk about that subject.  I wish to understand as a person who went to that hotel so we can accept that we [inaudible 01:14:56] the hotel, I have not read the report.  We can keep to make the exchange among ourselves and then we cannot accuse somebody.  We can continue to have some discussion.  That is all I want to say.  Thank you.

Tijani Ben Jemaa:                    I think that it is urgent to clarify Fatimata position on that report with the Senegalese authorities.  This is important based on her contributions at [inaudible 01:16:01] level.  I think it is pertinent that Olivier could clarify those things.  I know but maybe the hotel has bad quality but it is important to clarify that Fatimata has nothing to do with the reports and those reports that were in the first place not to the Senegalese authority’s attention.   I think that we have reached the time.  Wiki MarkupTijani Ben Jemaa:                    I think that it is urgent to clarify Fatimata position on that report with the Senegalese authorities.  This is important based on her contributions at \[inaudible 01:16:01\] level.  I think it is pertinent that Olivier could clarify those things.  I know but maybe the hotel has bad quality but it is important to clarify that Fatimata has nothing to do with the reports and those reports that were in the first place not to the Senegalese authority’s attention.   I think that we have reached the time. 

Olivier Crepin-LeBlond:         I am asking the question again?  Do we have to listen to what Tijani said for the other activities? I want to ask the question to everybody.  Are we going to report on this?  Can we have the other point for the next meeting because we have three points on the 4th point and two other points, Fatimata?

Fatimata Seye Sylla:               Yes, Aziz. Yes, Aziz. 

Aziz Hilali:                             I am checking the, I want to talk to go to the same perspectives.  As you said we cannot, that is a related function, as long as it is within the same organizations.  I think it's an advantage within AFRALO there Wiki MarkupAziz Hilali:                             I am checking the, I want to talk to go to the same perspectives.  As you said we cannot, that is a related function, as long as it is within the same organizations.  I think it's an advantage within AFRALO there \ [inaudible01:23:22\] because we depend on ALAC within the ALAC community it is important.    It is something that is already practiced within ALAC.   And I will have also - what we call related is something that was to be decided by the member of AFRALO.   And I will have also - what we call related is something that was to be decided by the member of AFRALO. 

It was the Board that decided.  I think those who do not want this to be doubled if the person has been nominated, we can suggest, if within AFRALO if somebody who is a good element based on his ability can have and who wants to be part of the Board of AFRALO, at this moment we will go the usual procedure, the exchange and the voting rights. 

Yaovi Atohoun:                      I don’t see what a committee function I do not see this at this time.  I do not understand the question at this time, this is what I wanted to say. 

Wiki MarkupFatimata Seye Sylla:               Thank you, Yaovi.  This is Fatimata.  Based on this one I suggest that we can take a note as decision \Sylla:               Thank you, Yaovi.  This is Fatimata.  Based on this one I suggest that we can take a note as decision [inaudible01:26:26\] as Yaovi just said, he doesn’t understand.    If we think that it is a community responsibility that person can say clearly what it is and propose alternative suggestions and the community is going to make the decision.    Because we do not see any problems to accumulate with a function within AFRALO, okay we can take a note of that.

Ajune:                                      I think it is responsible because Yaovi said that he does not understand.   Myself I am trying to understand that but I don’t see exactly where we are going with that discussion.