Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Participants: Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Andres Piazza

Apologies: Sylvia Herlein Leite

Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Matthias Langenegger

AI: Dev will inform the regional members about the showcase WG during the next LACRALO call and ask them whether interpretation would increase participation

Review of action items from last call:

AI: Dev and Andres will draft the ALS factsheet template in EN and ES by 21
October

AI: Once the EN template form of the ALS Factsheet is finalized, At-Large Staff will follow up on the translation of the ES and PR version of the factsheet template

Dev: The factsheet template should include a description, Mission Statement, Accomplishments and fotos

Dev: what about AI 2 from last week: At Large Staff will get an budget estimate from ICANN meeting staff for 60 persons. At Large Staff will also confirm whether equipment costs will be covered by ICANN.

Heidi: we do not have an exact amount. However, for little under USD 1000 would could get light snacks and wine for about 60 people. We will get a more detailled budget estimate.

Heidi: with regards to location, we suggest that the event be held in the foyer for several reasons: the main At-Large meeting room is just next to the foyer so we could use the translation facilities available in the meeting room. Also, it would be more visible if we held inside.

Dev: I agree that we should hold it in inside

Andres: Also, there is a lot of heavy rainfall in the Carribbean

Dev: with regards to interpretation, will it be wireless microphones?

Heidi: I picture this event to be in the At-Large meeting room

Dev: I think it would be nice to hold it outside in the foyer because it would make this a more informal event

AI: Heidi will ask Christina Rodriguez whether it would be possible to hold it in the foyer and use the usual interpretation headsets from the adjacent meeting room

Draft Programme and Speakers

Detailed Draft Programme:
Master of Ceremony: Andres Piazza

Introduction of Rod Beckstrom - Andres Piazza (1 min)
Opening Comments and Introduction of Keynote Speaker - Rod Beckstrom
(TBC) (5 mins)
Keynote speaker - (TBD)(15 minutes)
Suggestions:
Alejandro Pisanty (main choice)
Carlos Aguirre
Raimundo Beca
Introduction of At-Large Liaison - Andres Piazza (1 min)
At-Large Liaison to the Board - Vanda Scartezini (TBC)
ALAC Chair - Cheryl Langdon-Orr (TBC)
LACRALO Chair - Andres Piazza (TBC) (introduces LACRALO and ALSes)
ALSes - 2 mins each
Sponsor to speak - 5 mins (TBC)
NomCom speaker - José Ovidio Salgueiro (TBC)
LACRALO Secretariat - Dev Anand Teelucksingh - Closing Remarks

AI: Dev will contact Alejandro Pisanty to find out whether he would be available  for the keynote speech

Heidi: if we start on Monday at 1800 we will get a lot of people on the way out

4. Continue Discussion of "in-reach" plan for existing LACRALO ALSes

Dev: Ultimately, it would be great to have the ALSes prepare a wiki page in advance of the meeting but I am not sure it is necessary.

5. Update on Sponsorship Strategy (10 mins)

Dev: potential sponsors include:
LAC TLD
ISOC
.co
LACNIC

Dev: I suggest that we approach all four possible sponsors this week with a sponsorship letter

AI: Dev and Andres will draft a sponsor letter for USD 1000 and send it to all four possible sponsor this week

AI: Matthias will send Dev and Andres the sponsorship letter used by AFRALO

AI: Heidi will verify whether the wireless microphones are working outside the meeting room and whether it would be possible to have the event outside in the foyer

Dev: we will need to confirm with the speakers by 1 November. I also believe we should discuss this further during the call this week.

ALS Map

Dev: We should have three poster to put up posters and maps. We should also have laminated posters of the ALSes.

Heidi: Next steps will be to discuss it on the LACRALO call

Andres: another possible keynote speaker could be Olga Cavalli

Heidi: I have been informed that the At-Large meeting room would be available all day on Monday so we would have time to rearrange the room in advance of the showcase.