Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Yesim Nazlar: (2/11/2019 14:56) Welcome to the ATLAS III Programme Working Group Call taking place on Monday, 11 February 2019 at 13:00 UTC
  Yesim Nazlar: (14:56) Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/TYM2Bg
  Vanda Scartezini: (15:51) hi everyone 
  Yesim Nazlar: (15:52) Welcome Vanda!
  Vanda Scartezini: (15:54) yeah his audio is little blurry
  Vanda Scartezini: (15:56) I was talking about previous person talking
  Vanda Scartezini: (15:56) your audio is great Glenn
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (15:56) thanks
  Joanna Kulesza: (15:58) Hi all
  Vanda Scartezini: (15:58) hi glenn I beleive we need to set a ccall among us about the programme - I was dedicated this time to the criteria with colleagues at LACRALO
  Vanda Scartezini: (15:59) hi Joanna 
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (16:00) Hello to all!
  Vanda Scartezini: (16:00) yeah Alfredo claer
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (16:01) Saludos Vanda.
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (16:01) Hi Joanna.
  Ali AlMeshal: (16:01) hello all
  Matthieu Camus: (16:01) hi everyone
  Joanna Kulesza: (16:04) I'm here
  Joanna Kulesza: (16:04) no audio at this point
  Joanna Kulesza: (16:05) but I'm listeing and happpy to chip in if needed
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:05) hello all
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (16:05) I'll do the status report.
  judith hellerstein: (16:05) hi all
  Michel TCHONANG LINZE: (16:06) Hi all
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:06) Thanks @Alfredo
  Vanda Scartezini: (16:08) not yet I was just suggesting a call with Glenn
  judith hellerstein: (16:09) happy to join the program committee sub group
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:09) yes
  Carlton Samuels: (16:11) Morning all.  My local Adigo toll-free is not being processed by either of my local operators for some reason so I cannot get in on the audio bridge and the A/C room audio is distorted!
  Yesim Nazlar: (16:12) @Carlton: I'm so sorry to hear this. Shall we try dialing out to you?
  Vanda Scartezini: (16:12) sorry Carlton, nice to hear from you kisses
  A-Eduardo Diaz: (16:12) @CArlton: CAn staff call you?
  judith hellerstein: (16:12) Carlton, can you write up a problem report so we can get the audio distortion looked at ny the TTF and icann it staff
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:12) Who would do the video editing?
  Lianna Galstyan: (16:13) Hi everyone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:13) I believe the new one on GNSO is very close to release, and is an improvement on the current one, but perhaps you can accept either/both in your pre requisites ICANN Learn courses 
  Nadira Al-Araj: (16:14) from the resources: there are webinars, but if someone can identify the good presentations to take this segement to be used. 
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:14) @Cheryl - we might have to choose which one to go for, as the system does not allow for an either/or selection.
  Carlton Samuels: (16:14) @Eduardo: Yes, they could try. Let's see if these bums got their business going from the outside. Staff, give it a go please. 876-383-3964
  Yesim Nazlar: (16:14) dialing out to you now Carlton 
  Vanda Scartezini: (16:14) staff around here has made several learning presentations about ICANN - may be can upload to ICANN learning 
  Nadira Al-Araj: (16:15) you can go through the agenda items of the different webinars
  Carlton Samuels: (16:15) Thank you Evin
  judith hellerstein: (16:16) great question Glenn
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:16) thanks,  
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:17) nope
  Michel TCHONANG LINZE: (16:18)   Thank Glenn for your great question
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:20) It makes sense that we have an Introduction to At-large
  Carlton Samuels: (16:20) Yes, webinars !
  Ali AlMeshal: (16:20) yes there are some wibiners 
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:22) We need a roadmap
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:22) Dispite the intention to DO SO  OCL the Cap Bld we have run over the years should have (we have been talking/committed to work to fix this BTW for much longet than the last few meetings) should have provided the material for such an intro corse
  judith hellerstein: (16:22) glenn has many ebooks he has made from the onboarding classes that Dev has done
  Michel TCHONANG LINZE: (16:22) Yes is very important
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:23) yes  the ebooks  links are here, I can create new bookshelves to match the  various learnings 
  Carlton Samuels: (16:23) @Nadira: Can I suggest we consider podcasts?  You might get some consumption during drive times, fly times etc.
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:23) one sec for links
  Fouad Bajwa: (16:23) Hello all
  Michel TCHONANG LINZE: (16:23) ah ok Samuels good
  Carlton Samuels: (16:24) Howdy do Fouad, great to see you!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:24) good point @Heidi you can have a different focus on Pre-Requisite tor EOI to become considered and Requisite Courses for those people who are delegates
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:24) 22 books on ICANN Presentations and webinars in Ebooks
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:24) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__fliphtml5.com_bookcase_bwvb&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=nlomAVJfEQdlPv-fdG_xvwkOedMAZnupPpodcxJjPPY&s=w8fbEsK-yJoYHXS1jJkoM3sdfWf12kik2SaIolz6TXo&e=
  Michel TCHONANG LINZE: (16:24) Thank for this update
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:25) 7 Books on Introduction to ATLARGE 
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:25) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__fliphtml5.com_bookcase_iukv&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=nlomAVJfEQdlPv-fdG_xvwkOedMAZnupPpodcxJjPPY&s=hro4j0u4xoNVYtWXBzBmFuap1X4AzjnuDpFXia0ni0c&e=
  Joanna Kulesza: (16:25) An "Introduction to At-Large" would be great also for the sake of emphasizing the uniqueness of the group, so I agree with those suggesting it should be on ICANN Learn. It is def. a todo for us. I also agree with Alfredo it is not a must in the coming month for the reasons he mentioned. 
  Carlton Samuels: (16:25) @Glenn: Thanks for pointing this out. The ebook platform is a great source!
  judith hellerstein: (16:25) that is what I was saying, people could review
  Nadira Al-Araj: (16:25) @Carlton, podcast would be good idea for the Capcity building program not necessary for ATlAS
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:25) 222 books also  at  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__fliphtml5.com_bookcase_bgqmq&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=nlomAVJfEQdlPv-fdG_xvwkOedMAZnupPpodcxJjPPY&s=sXr274EqW1pN8LKcUaDDmfMR4GRMsXBFlaBNu1xRfCA&e=
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:26) Ideal  @Heidi for Requisite work not so muc PRE- Requisite ones
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:26) I can chop up the  books into key categories 
  judith hellerstein: (16:26) @glenn, this is a great idea
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:26) Questions:  I need the key categories on the ATLAS Topics  so i can move the books around into smaller  bookshelves for the learners
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (16:27) @Olivier, agreed.
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:27) Note i have World bank and Diplo books included as well in the larger pool
  Carlton Samuels: (16:27) @Nadira: Isn't the focus on knowledge of people to be selected for ATLAS3?  I don't think we need recreat the wheel here.
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:27) wow  loud
  Yesim Nazlar: (16:28) @Vanda: Could you please decrease the volume of your mic? 
  judith hellerstein: (16:28) the on boarding stuff have covered this already
  Yesim Nazlar: (16:28) It's coming too loud, not possible to understand 
  Carlton Samuels: (16:28) In my view there is enough info already available to pass on for that objective. What we need to do is ensure accessibility!
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:28) yes the onboarding stuff is in ebooks too
  Nadira Al-Araj: (16:29) Does ICANN learn system provide user's log information, such as the length of period spend on the course itself?
  Vanda Scartezini: (16:29) ok it is far away may be is the kind of mic.. will change it now 
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (16:29) @Vanda resources will be considered. Please submit to us.
  Michel TCHONANG LINZE: (16:30) great ideas
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:30) Heidi do we have  a  Pre  ICANN Kobe  ICANN Policy report?  also Goran's CEO  report?
  Beran Gillen: (16:30) @Hadja we actually covered all this in the onboarding docs that were developed a couple of years ago. 
  A-Eduardo Diaz: (16:30) But ATLAS III is for people that already active and leading or has capabilities to lead
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:30) @Nadira: yes, ICANN learn tracs everything
  A-Eduardo Diaz: (16:31) ATLAS III is not for newbies 
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:31) @Beran so maybe we can use this
  Yesim Nazlar: (16:31) @Joanna: Interpreters can not interpret you. Shall we dial-out to you?
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:31) Joanna  we need the  key categories to create new and relevant bookshelves
  Vanda Scartezini: (16:31) @Calderon - Alberto was in charge of these presentations arount the region. and Daniel ( staff from ICANN here also have some good presentations . will  send all to you  kisses 
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:31) Joanna line is noisey
  Lianna Galstyan: (16:31) What I also like in ICANN Learn is that after finishing a course, you can acquire a certificate which can be included in the application form as a proof of passing the course
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:31) :-)  @Hadia
  A-Eduardo Diaz: (16:32) Howvere, having an introducition course for At-Large is importnat to have going forward
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:32) Indeed @Eduardo
  Vanda Scartezini: (16:32) + 1 eduardo
  Beran Gillen: (16:33) @Hadia  https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Community+Onboarding
  Lianna Galstyan: (16:33) Yes, Carlton
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:33) @A-Eduardo yes I know that it is not for newbies but yet some of the fairly new participants don't really get the at-large structure and the RALOs 
  Joanna Kulesza: (16:33) Apologies for the noise
  Beran Gillen: (16:33) yes we can use it and its pretty basic level of understanding... i believe it can really help
  Nadira Al-Araj: (16:34) Thanks Olivier, good to keep these tracking as indicadors of how serious those who took these courses have done.
  judith hellerstein: (16:34) I agree with Carlton
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:34) @Joanna don't worry we could understand 
  sergio salinas porto LACRALO: (16:34) hI ALL!
  sergio salinas porto LACRALO: (16:35) CALL ME AT +5492235215819 PLEASE
  Yesim Nazlar: (16:35) sure, dialing out to you Sergio
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:35) @Beran thanks
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:37) Thank  you Alfredo
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:37) Thank you Joanna
  Joanna Kulesza: (16:37) indeed, this Wednesady
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (16:37) at 1500 UTC
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (16:38) Thank You all!
  Michel TCHONANG LINZE: (16:38)  Thank 
  Ali AlMeshal: (16:38) i have taken 3 of them , they are interesting 
  Vanda Scartezini: (16:39) @ ali, they are but lack more information for At ALrge and ALAC 
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (16:39) I have requested that we have access to download those webinars and try and work with volunteers on editing.
  Vanda Scartezini: (16:40) we did not yet from my side, was working on the criteria issue with the region
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (16:40) @Vanda, if your region as resources we can add as supplemental resources please submit.
  Vanda Scartezini: (16:41) thank you Gisella
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:41) Sorry i had to take a call, what was decided in editting the  videos?
  Beran Gillen: (16:41) Welcome Hadia
  Michel TCHONANG LINZE: (16:41) Thnak Gisella
  judith hellerstein: (16:42) @vanda and @glenn, please add me to your sub group
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:42) @Glenn: call for volunteer video editors
  A-Eduardo Diaz: (16:42) I am in the phone bridge will ask the question in adobe - continue
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:42) Who has access to the videos
  A-Eduardo Diaz: (16:42) reconnecting - continue
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (16:42) @Glenn: on demand
  A-Eduardo Diaz: (16:42) I am reconnecting. Go ahead with the meeting
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:43) If i can get one and what edits are needed i will give it a try in Adobe Premier. If its just a chop its fairly fast.  
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:43) Need to know where they are being uploaded to 
  A-Eduardo Diaz: (16:44) @ Olivier: that was I was going to ask
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:45) NASIG Montreal is  Oct 31 and Nov 1 and a reception planned for Saturday night 
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:46) More details forthcoming on reception as it will be RSVP
  Michel TCHONANG LINZE: (16:46) ok note
  Gisella Gruber: (16:47) Total number of rooms TBC
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:50) Logistics is always a complex issue
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:51) Something that gets the thought processes expanded  OCL ..excellent idea (perhaps even have some 'fun') 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:51) Good facilitators can of corse make that happen
  Vanda Scartezini: (16:53) will do 
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:53) I shall need to leave in 5 minutes for the EPDP team call which is today - not tomorrow  
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:54) with CHairing skills perhaps it can be the *beggining* of development of these skills a kick start  for then ongoing personal development work to be done post ATLAS III 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:56) I though tthat was the initial plan OCL yes
  A-Eduardo Diaz: (16:56) One of the breakroom I belive is the Plenary room
  Carlton Samuels: (16:56) @Alfredo: Totally agree. So the plenaries must engage topics that enable airing and demonstration of  skills by engagement with the content and discussions. 
  A-Eduardo Diaz: (16:56) whih already has interpretation
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:57) EN people should always listen in through any available interpretation services
  Hadia Elminiawi: (16:57) Thank you all and bye for now
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:57) Bye Hadia
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (16:57) Glenn, you are welcomed to volunteer for video editing.
  sergio salinas porto LACRALO: (16:58) Good point @Sebastien
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:58) Your expertise would be invaluable @Glenn
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (16:59) quite loud Vanda
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:59) vanda again you are too loud
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (16:59) for such a small person,  so loud
  sergio salinas porto LACRALO: (17:00) +1 Vanda
  Yesim Nazlar: (17:00) @Vanda: Not possible for interpreters to interpret what you're saying 
  Yesim Nazlar: (17:00) Your audio is very loud.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (17:01) ICANNdoes indeed work in EN @Vanda ... true but we can/will use the benefits f the Language services that ICANN can provide in the public meeting that ATLASS III will run in 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (17:01) just to make it less taxing for our volunteers
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (17:02) or Korean
  Harold Arcos: (17:02) If we want to involve most of the new participants in our ecosystem, thinking about future new leaders then we need to guarantee interpretation.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (17:03) Nadira had to leave for EPDP call  a minute or two ago
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond: (17:03) @Cheryl - Nadira or Hadia?
  sergio salinas porto LACRALO: (17:03) Alfredo, lamnento noe star de acuerdo con vos, esa posicion hace del mundo at large un mundo "excliusivo" y no "inclusivo", At large, es y debe de ser Inclusivo
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (17:03) nice piano music
  judith hellerstein: (17:03) it is some one hold music
  Nadira Al-Araj: (17:03) nice music
  Glenn McKnight-NARALO: (17:04) ha ha 
  Michel TCHONANG LINZE: (17:04) Yµes Harold interpretation is very important for success
  Sebastien: (17:04) Deacuerdo @Sergio
  Lilian Ivette De Luque: (17:05) agree
  Sebastien: (17:05) Where is the list members of the various sub-sub-groups?
  Carlton Samuels: (17:05) @Eduardo: We have a task that requires coordination with the committees
  Carlton Samuels: (17:05) Nadira just said it! :-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (17:06) @Harold that is why the continued support for ICANN provided Langiage Services is important as we go on but for ATLAS III delegates  EN skills will be an important thing to have, that said as we are meeting integral to an ICANN Public Meeting we can utalise the facilities made available by Language Services where possible... But they need to be booked and costed...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (17:06) Next call?
  Beran Gillen: (17:07) nice one 
  Vanda Scartezini: (17:07) tomorrow we will ahve another call about align expectation?
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (17:07) I will not be present. Please accept apologies.
  Carlton Samuels: (17:07) Thank you all. Bye all.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (17:07) Great I look forward to the iCal
  Ali AlMeshal: (17:07) bye all and thanks for great update 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr(@clo3): (17:08) Bye for now Team,  good start :-)  LOTS to do -)
  Vanda Scartezini: (17:08) kisses  and I have done several of those courses to apply to DNS WOMEN capacitation
  Alfredo Calderon (NARALO): (17:08) Bye to all!
  Michel TCHONANG LINZE: (17:08) Thank you for this dynamic and goodbye
  judith hellerstein: (17:08) bye a
  Lilian Ivette De Luque: (17:08) bye great call
  judith hellerstein: (17:08) all
  Vanda Scartezini: (17:08) thanks till tomorrow
  Matthieu Camus: (17:08) thank you, bye
  Lutz Donnerhacke: (17:08) Thanks
  sergio salinas porto LACRALO: (17:08) bye+
  Bikram Shrestha: (17:09) thanks and bye
  Harold Arcos: (17:09) thanks all,,,thanks Marina & David
  Harold Arcos: (17:09) bye