- Roll Call
- Statements of Interest
- Responses From SO/ACs (IPC and any others received at: 13 Community Input ) and relevant documents.
- Review Work Plan and Consider Next Steps
1. Responses from SOs/ACs: Review relevant documents posted at https://community.icann.org/display/tatcipdp/7+Studies+and+Background+Documents and in particular the following reports:
--EWG IRD Interim Report (10 April 2014): https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/41891674/EWG%20IRD.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1398951380000&api=v2
--Study on Available Solutions for the Submission and Display of Internationalized Contact Data: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/41891674/transform-dnrd-02jun14-en.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1401880342000&api=v2.
2. The Chairs should encourage the WG members who are from the Registrar SG to participate in the WG meetings.
3. Develop slides for London: 1) update for GNSO Council; 2) slides for public meeting
- Public comment review tool T&T - 29 May2014.doc
- Summary of Current Status/Next Steps (Stock Taking) 17 April 2014
- Interim Report from the Expert Working Group on Internationalized Registration Data 10 April 2014
- Status update report from the EWG on gTLD Directory Services 11 November 2013
- WHOIS Accuracy Program Specification part of the 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement
- Study to evaluate available solutions for the submission and display of internationalized contact data
- What is contact information (review and expand on the taxonomies)?
- Why are we doing this?; is this particular feature necessary?
- Who gets access to what?
- Who are the stakeholders?; who is affected? and what do they want (linking back to What)?
- How much would a particular feature cost and how to weigh the costs versus the benefits?
- When would policy come into effect?
- What should be mandatory?
- What is the difference between verification and validation?
Main questions (from the charter)
- Whether it is desirable to translate contact information to a single common language or transliterate contact information to a single common script.
- Who should decide who should bear the burden [of] translating contact information to a single common language or transliterating contact information to a single common script.
Other questions (in the charter)
- What exactly the benefits to the community are of translating and/or transliterating contact data, especially in light of the costs that may be connected to translation and or transliteration?
- Should translation and/or transliteration of contact data be mandatory for all gTLDs?
- Should translation and/or transliteration of contact data be mandatory for all registrants or only those based in certain countries and/or using specific non-ASCII scripts?
- What impact will translation/transliteration of contact data have on the WHOIS validation as set out under the 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement?
- When should any new policy relating to translation and transliteration of contact information come into effect?
- WHOIS Review Team Internationalized Registration Data Expert Working Group: https://community.icann.org/display/whoisird/WHOIS+RT+IRD+WG+Home
- Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services: http://www.icann.org/en/groups/other/gtld-directory-services