- Category: Administration and Budget
- Topic: CEO Succession
- Board meeting date: 10 October 2011
- Resolution number: 2011.10.11.07, 2011.10.11.08, 2011.10.11.09
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-11oct11-en.htm#2
- Status: Completed
The Board approves the recommended membership of the CEO Search Process Management Work Committee.
Whereas, 16 August 2011, Rod Beckstrom announced that he will continue to fulfill his term as ICANN's President and CEO, which will be completed on 1 July 2012.
Whereas, the ICANN Board discussed CEO Succession planning at the Board meeting on 17 September 2011.
Whereas, the ICANN Board directed the Board Governance Committee to recommend a slate of Board members to comprise a CEO Search Process Management Work Committee for the Board to consider at its next meeting.
Whereas all members of the current Board and liaisons, including incoming, have all stated without reservation that they are not a candidate for the position of CEO and will not accept it if offered.
Resolved (2011.10.11.07), no current or incoming member of the Board or liaisons may be considered as a candidate for the role of the CEO for the current CEO Selection process.
Whereas, the following are the proposed members of the group, based upon Board Governance Committee recommendation and as refined by the Board:
Bertrand de La Chapelle
Resolved (2011.10.11.08), the Board approves the recommended membership of the CEO Search Process Management Work Committee.
Resolved (2011.10.11.09), the George Sadowsky will be the Chair of the CEO Search Committee.
The ICANN Board has begun planning for and developing the CEO succession process, to assist in transition of the leadership. The establishment of a work committee will allow the Board to coordinate this process with regular reporting to the Board as a whole, as well as reviewing opportunities for community involvement in the process. Timely succession of the ICANN CEO will assist the organization in maintaining its work in overseeing the security and the stability of the DNS. The establishment of the work committee will not have a financial impact on ICANN, though resources are likely to be required at later points in the process.
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolution 2011.09.17.09, directing the Board Governance Committee to recommend a slate of Board members to comprise a CEO Search Process Management Work Committee, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-17sep11-en.htm#6.
- Resolution 2011.10.22.05, approving the objectives discussed by the Compensation Committee for the CEO, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-22oct11-en.htm#4.
- Other resolutions TBD.
- Announcement of the CEO search process is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-28oct11-en.htm.
- Information on the CEO Search Committee is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/committees/ceo-search/.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.
Note: The "Add Comment" box below is for sharing information about implementation of this resolution. Off-topic comments will be removed.