- Category: ccTLDs
- Topic: Delegation of IDN cc TLDs
- Board meeting date: 05 August 2010
- Resolution number: 2010.08.05.03 and 2010.08.05.04
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-05aug10-en.htm#2.c
- Status: Completed
Delegates Sri Lanka IDN ccTLD
Whereas, Sri Lanka is currently listed in the ISO 3166-1 standard.
Whereas, IDN ("Lanka"), encoded as "xn-fzc2c9e2c"; and [IDN] ("Ilangai"), encoded as "xn-xkc2al3hye2a"; are both strings that have been deemed to appropriately represent Sri Lanka through the IDN Fast Track process.
Whereas, ICANN has received requests for delegation of _[[|IDN]IDN] and _[[|IDN]IDN] to LK Domain Registry.
Whereas, ICANN has reviewed the requests, and has determined that the proposed delegations would be in the interests of the local and global Internet communities.
RESOLVED (2010.08.05.03), the proposed delegation of [IDN] to LK Domain Registry is approved.
RESOLVED (2010.08.05.04), the proposed delegation of ?[IDN] to LK Domain Registry is approved.
- Proceed with delegation process pursuant to IANA Functions processes.
- Responsible entity: IANA Functions Department
- Due date: Per IANA Functions processes
- Implementation date: Completed per IANA Functions processes
Other Related Resolutions
- Information on the IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process is available at http://www.icann.org/en/topics/idn/fast-track/.
- IANA Report on the Delegation is available at http://www.iana.org/reports/2010/lanka-report-16jul2010.html.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.